Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    I hate problems like that. Glad to see you got it figured out though. The fuse box relocation looks really well done.
    thanks man. Glad to see you're still around

Comment

Raf glad you got her back up and running. I'm sure the downtime was hard to deal with as well since it is summer and all. Only a few months out of the year we get to enjoy the cars. Sucks when they break. Keep up the good work man. I'm going to have to follow in your foot steps and relocate my fuse box in a similar fashion this winter I think.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        Raf glad you got her back up and running. I'm sure the downtime was hard to deal with as well since it is summer and all. Only a few months out of the year we get to enjoy the cars. Sucks when they break. Keep up the good work man. I'm going to have to follow in your foot steps and relocate my fuse box in a similar fashion this winter I think.
        thanks man, appreciate the visit!

Ya. I relocated the fuse box back to the rear, car still runs fine. So it really was a coincidence that the map sensor ground crap wire job decided to go after I relocated the fuse box. Never really went near that wire, but this is how things go

Going to put the heater blower back in and other parts and take her for a drive. Then I have to install the power distribution block I got for the engine bay.

Comment

Went for a drive today. Ran great for about 3 hours, then on the way home stalled once at a red light, started running rich again. So guess we'll see..

But look what I seen !

And took some photos.........

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Engine bay needed a proper distribution block for ages. I was connecting the alternator to the starter with an inline fuse. Let's take a look.........

Oh oh.. this in-line fuse was working but..hmmm...

Now some key points....
            - Same amp fuse was used as in the fuse box (80amp)
            - This setup was on it's 2nd summer

There are several factors involved here to cause this:
            - alternator is old but does read proper voltage when on
            - alt power wire is longer and 4AWG

A 100amp fuse should do the trick. On on to installing the power distro block. This took a long while to figure out how to get it positioned properly.

Here you see the main power wire from the trunk coming into the bay.

I used two existing 10mm holes to secure a bracket to the car. Then secured the distro block to it.

Test fit. Right under the coolant reservoir.

Just need a 100amp inline waterproof fuse for the alternator line, but this will be the general look. There's a cover for the unit as well.
            Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Glad you have been figuring out your wiring gremlins. Sometimes it sucks! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                Glad you have been figuring out your wiring gremlins. Sometimes it sucks! Keep up the great work!
                Thanks man, and as always I appreciate you stopping by!

Comment

Always improving. I like it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

yep. needs a spoiler

Comment

So started to sand spoiler and prep the trunk for it. Stupid me drilled holes in the wrong part of the trunk lol So I have holes in the drop of my trunk now I have to fix, doh!

oh well... pics to come soon.

Comment

This is how i'm rolling now......

Joke. Just had a corner jacked up to test the rubbing in the rear. Ok now that i grinded junk out, can actually fit a finger between tire and wheel well.

Started on this. Will have to fix the gap somehow...

And the dumbass award goes to.................ME!

Also started on re-wiring the circuit breakers and power distribution blocks in the trunk, pics to come. And filled the dumbass holes with fiberglass filler. I'm sure it will look like crap
                        Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I'm really surprised you have any rubbing issues at all. Is that the Jack Lee replica spoiler? And that distribution block in the engine bay is nice, but it looks out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                            I'm really surprised you have any rubbing issues at all. Is that the Jack Lee replica spoiler? And that distribution block in the engine bay is nice, but it looks out of place.
                            Yep on the Jack Lee replica spoiler.

- Filled in the holes with some filler and dabbed some paint on it for now

- Got another circuit breaker for the amps. Work in progress here...

What you are seeing is:
                            - 180amp circuit breaker for starter and alt. That wire leads to the engine bay where I have a splitter. In-line fuse for the ALT on the engine bay splitter as it is a wire reduction point
                            - 150amp circuit breaker for the distribution block. The wire going into it now is for the fuse box and I still need to connect the amps which have in line fuses you see there.
                            Will be nice to have all the electrical sorted out. But I'm confident in my work and hopefully there will be no issues after this.
                            Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Will do for now. Fini.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I can't believe how nice your CB7 is, and everything is so tasteful.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X