owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump to the top for some updated pics.

Not the best, but they do show some progress.

The interior is not in yet, it is next on the list...

I also just ordered the rest of the parts to complete the rotor over hub swap and the Prelude VTEC brake upgrade.

I found out on the AZ Poker Run this Sunday, that my suspension is phenomenal. My brakes... Not so much.

I also learned that my current setup WILL rotate the back end!

Just enough to make it fun...and you have to be pretty aggressive with it. I may try a minor bar upgrade in the future, but for now, it is ok.

I also got a chance to get on my Toyo Proxes T1-Rs. This is a phenomenal tire! I know about the grip because I read the C&D article too, but keep in mind it still generated almost .9 G on a stock 323i, and there is more than total grip to tire performance on all but the most hardcore rides.

They are also smooth, quiet, and absorb impacts/expansion joints like my 15's do. All in all, I think they are worth the money.

Here they are:

Not the largest, but they should work until I have better images later this week
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

car looks good scott keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet
        car looks good scott keep up the good work

Thanks! Hopefully, The better res pics will show off the detail a little more. Except for the ding in the hood LOL!

I am going to try to get your headlights done this weekend, I am in the midst of a checkride for the next two days, so it won't be before then.

Comment

aight cool bro just keep me updated and ill send ya some money.

Comment

Whos that POS blue accord with ya? :P

AZ Bumpage

Plus Here you are
            Last edited by 84Blazin; 06-30-2006, 01:22 AM.
            90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
            Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Originally posted by 84Blazin
              Whos that POS blue accord with ya? :P

AZ Bumpage

Plus Here you are

Where? Where am I? J/K.

That guy with the blue Accord just kept following us! I don't know who it was. He kept talking about Chevy's...

Comment

Just got my Acura CL hubs in.

I will be finishing the brake swap in the near future...

I still haven't received the pics from the Poker Run though, so oh well on that one...

Comment

What an asshat! lol
                  90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                  Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Originally posted by 84Blazin
                    What an asshat! lol

LOL! Just kidding, it is all good man. You should come to Ray's party.

Comment

Bump for an update.

I replaced the Clarion head unit with an Alpine 9856. I like it much better, the sound quality is hugely improved, and it is easier to use. The Clarion had a huge ass transformer/noise filter that barely fit in my dash as it was. Plus, the sound quality was only so so. I have very clear and very responsive speakers and the Clarion was definitely holding my system back.

The only other decks with the signal to noise ratio of the Alpine were Eclipse and Sony, at least in the price range. It is also HD ready, XM ready, has internal iPod controls, plays windows media files, and has internal memory for playlists and a song database.

I am making progress on the H22 swap. I still need a header, engine mounts, an ECU, and a high pressure power steering line.

I have the Skunk2 Pro Series cam gears on the engine now, and I still need to do the T-belt, water pump, and tensioner on it before it goes in. I am also thinking about picking up an ACT streelite flywheel, and a UR underdrive crank pulley before it goes in.

While I am swapping, I am going to take the opportunity to clean up the bay, fix a little rust below the battery tray, change the prop valve for rear discs and possibly install the BB6 brake booster. I will probably go ahead and add SS brake lines at this point too. No need to bleed the brakes any more than necessary.

I have everything necessary for the VTEC front brakes, but haven't had a chance to put them on.

I just traded my 92 EG for an 89 standard with a B18 swap, and it needs a T-belt, water pump and wheel bearings before I can start using it as my DD. That has forced me to drive the Accord, which makes it hard to tear apart LOL.
                      Last edited by owequitit; 08-09-2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I just have to say you have a really really clean ride everything you have done to it looks good. Keep up the work

Comment

Nice car man and for the nice pics!!

my sedan

Comment

Man that is a really nice accord. Where in arizona are you from maybe we could meet up sometime.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. The car looks mostly the same, but the front end looks quite a bit different.

The Pilot fogs are gone. With OEM JDM fogs in their place. The side markers and JDM 2 peice headlights have been installed. I am still finishing up the amber corners, so I am currently sporting JDM clear corners. The 94-95 lip is installed, so that looks a little different too. Other than that, not much has changed externally. I don't think it will either. I am contemplating a grill, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

I need to get some updated pics of the car. I will as soon as I have a chance to get another good photoshoot.

PaQ - I am located in Central AZ in the Prescott area. I am originally from the Arizona/California border, and I still travel there to see my parents often. Between school and work, I don't do much traveling, but it you are ever in the area, you will have to look me up. I will let you know if I head down that way, but I haven't been down there in years so don't hold your breathe!

Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

That looks simply amazing.

- Zipcreature
                                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X