No announcement yet.

owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The H23/F22B and the H22 plenums are all identical.

I agree about the Delta Cam thing, but was going to choose the 260, because it is a little better for a street setup, and I am still auto.

With basically an A6 and the H22 plenum, it pulls right into the rev limit (which oddly moved from 6500 to 6700 with the plenum change). I need to get it on a dyno, but I think the power peak now occurs at about 6100-6200 because that it pulls harder up to that point, and then seems to fall off a bit, but still pulls into the rev limit hard.

Another nice trade off to this is that when you shift, it puts you into a better part of the power band, especially on the highway, where there were some definite gaps in the gearing. 3rd is now good to about 105 and then when shifting back to 4th, it puts me at about 4500-4700 instead of 4000, which allows it to pull much better through 4th gear too. I don't know what it would do in a manual, but I am sure it would be better still.

My mileage increase about 3-4MPG City and 4-5MPG highway. Better throttle response, better low end torque, better top end pull, and better MPG with no change in driving habit. All in all
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

looks good as hell

Originally posted by boosted4life
      ya 90cb7beast is a accord guru of sorts he knos what the hell he is talking about and ricer u probably think vtec feels like premature ejaculation

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        The H23/F22B and the H22 plenums are all identical.

I agree about the Delta Cam thing, but was going to choose the 260, because it is a little better for a street setup, and I am still auto.

With basically an A6 and the H22 plenum, it pulls right into the rev limit (which oddly moved from 6500 to 6700 with the plenum change). I need to get it on a dyno, but I think the power peak now occurs at about 6100-6200 because that it pulls harder up to that point, and then seems to fall off a bit, but still pulls into the rev limit hard.

Another nice trade off to this is that when you shift, it puts you into a better part of the power band, especially on the highway, where there were some definite gaps in the gearing. 3rd is now good to about 105 and then when shifting back to 4th, it puts me at about 4500-4700 instead of 4000, which allows it to pull much better through 4th gear too. I don't know what it would do in a manual, but I am sure it would be better still.

My mileage increase about 3-4MPG City and 4-5MPG highway. Better throttle response, better low end torque, better top end pull, and better MPG with no change in driving habit. All in all
        Ahhhh excellence...I imagine the difference being even more noticeable with a manual.

Ahh see I was set on going with an H when the time came...but with this, a cam, and just milling the head I'd probably be happy.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i like that. stock parts/ stock driveability/more gas mileage is cool with me

Comment

Originally posted by dumpedteggy
            looks good as hell

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Ahhhh excellence...I imagine the difference being even more noticeable with a manual.

Ahh see I was set on going with an H when the time came...but with this, a cam, and just milling the head I'd probably be happy.

I think that would make for a very nice setup honestly. I think with a chipped ECU, you could probably get a nice usable power band right up to about 7K.

I don't regret having an auto tranny nearly as much as I used to, and have actually thought about not putting my H in, and just swapping this to manual.

It also isn't a complete pig in the summertime with the AC on (I live at 5,000-7,000' elevation), so that is very nice. Especially with the car loaded.

But I crave the sound of the VTEC and I already have it so...

I think I am just going to put my F22 into my EG when I pull it. That thing would be a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                i like that. stock parts/ stock driveability/more gas mileage is cool with me

Definitely. Especially with gas above $3 a gallon. And for well less than $300 it has made much more of a difference, than just about any bolt on besides nitrous, with no reliability concerns whatsoever.

I paid $150 a couple years back for the A6 manifold/TB, cam, ECU and all the other various hardware.

The plenum came off of my H22, but they can be found for around $50-100 fairly regularly, sooo...

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  I think that would make for a very nice setup honestly. I think with a chipped ECU, you could probably get a nice usable power band right up to about 7K.

I don't regret having an auto tranny nearly as much as I used to, and have actually thought about not putting my H in, and just swapping this to manual.

It also isn't a complete pig in the summertime with the AC on (I live at 5,000-7,000' elevation), so that is very nice. Especially with the car loaded.

But I crave the sound of the VTEC and I already have it so...

I think I am just going to put my F22 into my EG when I pull it. That thing would be a monster.
                  Heh, you could go the half Diljoe route and get the H22 auto...

But yea I'm torn. I know the H22 can be got for cheap...but I've heard some horror stories. I almost wanna say it's worth doing a mild F rebuild just cause you're basically building a brand new engine, rather than taking a gamble on a used one. Plus if you build the F's bottom mildly (I'm talkin 11:1 pistons on stock rods and a stock crank) you wouldn't be doing a swapped H22 head injustice...ahhh I won't whore up your thread with this, but yea, the F has potential, esp. if you don't compare it to the H...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Heh, you could go the half Diljoe route and get the H22 auto...

But yea I'm torn. I know the H22 can be got for cheap...but I've heard some horror stories. I almost wanna say it's worth doing a mild F rebuild just cause you're basically building a brand new engine, rather than taking a gamble on a used one. Plus if you build the F's bottom mildly (I'm talkin 11:1 pistons on stock rods and a stock crank) you wouldn't be doing a swapped H22 head injustice...ahhh I won't whore up your thread with this, but yea, the F has potential, esp. if you don't compare it to the H...

Nah, its ok. Good discussion is good discussion. I thought about the auto H22 for awhile, but it just isn't as much fun, so I will do the manual swap. I was going to do it to the F22 anyway, and then the H came up as a good deal.

I agree that both ways would be fun.

Comment

hey scott i got a question for ya i got all my parts to do the f22a1 to f22a6 parts the cam and intake and all i need is the ecu ray said it would need to be wired up would u mind sending me a pm and lemme know what i need to wire em to or if i need to get a new harness.. thanks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet
                        hey scott i got a question for ya i got all my parts to do the f22a1 to f22a6 parts the cam and intake and all i need is the ecu ray said it would need to be wired up would u mind sending me a pm and lemme know what i need to wire em to or if i need to get a new harness.. thanks bro.
                        Will do. It is actually very easy to do. You will need to get one of the small ECU pins from another Accord in a junkyard, but other than that, it is really easy.

Comment

Got any pics of the black leather?
                          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                            Got any pics of the black leather?

Not just yet. It is not completely in yet (I am procrastinating on the dash and the seatbelts...) plus the front seats are torn. I was hoping to find a good deal on some GSR black leathers or something, but they are currently out of my budget.

I may just live with the torn front seats for the time being and then just have them recovered once I get my swap completed...

I will probably get picks of it on the 25th of June, black dash or not.

Comment

wow, the car looks exceptionally clean. awesome job.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                                wow, the car looks exceptionally clean. awesome job.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I was just looking at the thread for your new ride LOL. I will post shortly.

I recently made a boo boo and dented the hood a little bit, so I am debating on whether or not I want a CF hood.

There is a good possibility that if I got one, my car would end up a few pounds lighter after the swap (including the tranny swap), but CF is kind of a pain in the ass.

I would have to have it painted too, because a CF hood unpainted is decidedly not stealthy...and I have enough worries about thieves.

I would have to have warning labels that said "Caution: Do NOT slam hood. Severe bodily injury and even death may result."

LOL!

I will try to get a few basic pics up in the next few days.

I will hopefully have a Digital Rebel with me on the Poker Run on the 25th, so hopefully, I will get some good all around Accord lovliness.

Comment

Working...
                                X