No announcement yet.

Maple Civic Woes again haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see how you can harm a honda motor. I am harder then anyone i know on my cars and they run perfect. He has to be doing something wrong
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
      I dont see how you can harm a honda motor. I am harder then anyone i know on my cars and they run perfect. He has to be doing something wrong

your car isnt boosted. that may be why

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
      Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a View Post

your car isnt boosted. that may be why

Owned.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

but it has over 270k

Comment

but it has over 270k

Really not a scary number for anything with an "H" badge, though... My last CB (92 EX coupe) had 211,000 miles on er and it felt just the same as my first one (90 EX Couple with 164000). Though my 90 I recently found out got hit and ended up in a junkyard (*tear) and the 92 I gave to my friend and have no idea what happened from there...
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

civics are fine. they just come with very small engines and people try to hot rod them around and boost them. There some good fast civic engines tho but most are to small and underpowered, thats why I sold my EF to get my 1st CB and I havent stopped buying them
              Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              Interesting... So Civics have small engines so you bought a Accord to get away from those small engines.
              well they most of the trim levels came with a 1.5 or 1.6. Yes a good dohc b16 or b18 can dip.
              My brother has a 96ex and it has a b16 and it was slow. Then he swapped in his b18 dohc vtec motor and now its fast.
              My EF could not even get out of its own way so I did a vtec head swap and put the good 4 port manifold on and it helped with throttle response but my stock accord SE is alot faster.
              The d17 ranges from 100 to 127 hp so its not bad on such a light car.
              plus its boosted
              A stock 92 Civic Si hatch with a D16z6 will wipe the floor with an Accord. My friend had one in high school and I couldn't keep up.

Engine size and power level mean nothing. Power to Weight ratio is what matters, and that's where Civics beat Accords.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                time for an old school toyota hilux aka 1988 toyota pickup. those shits NEVER fuck up
                Unless the timing chain guides go in your 22RE, the head gasket goes again in your 3.0L V6 or you live in the Northeast where all the rear leaf mounts have rotted through.

Ask me how I know this.
                Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-22-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                  A stock 92 Civic Si hatch with a D16z6 will wipe the floor with an Accord. My friend had one in high school and I couldn't keep up.

Engine size and power level mean nothing. Power to Weight ratio is what matters, and that's where Civics beat Accords.
                  Really???

my brother has a 1994 EX coupe automatic with the d16z6

That has to be the slowest thing i have ever driven. Im not even joking. My other brother drove it ( he also drives a CB ) and agreed that that thing was slow as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Really???

my brother has a 1994 EX coupe automatic with the d16z6

That has to be the slowest thing i have ever driven. Im not even joking. My other brother drove it ( he also drives a CB ) and agreed that that thing was slow as hell.
                    Maybe I had an unusually slow F22a1. When we were in high school we'd just bomb around back roads and I always had trouble keeping up. Maybe a healthy A6 would change things up.

Stick vs Auto is going to greatly change the driving dynamics though.

Comment

if you take the turbo off, you wont be maple

also to the idiots, the d17 engine was really a honda fuck up, the only thing you can do with these engines is swap crank and rods to a d16 to make it a 1.7

other than that the colling ports and thermostat desing of the head are, not honda likely at all, and the fact tha MR. maple makes syroup out of these engines doenst amaze me at all

he's not the only one who has had bad luck boosting this engine, a lot of people have, is just unlike him other people know when to quit

save for a k20 bro, you'll never regret it
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                        Why are you knockin the car when it's clearly your mods and lack of ability to tune that keeps blowing it up? It'd be like me supercharging my truck then bitching becuase it keeps snappin rods... Just leave it alone and drive it like a Honda Civic or at least don't bitch about it being a POS. I'm sure it was a great driver until you bolted shit to it that Honda never wanted there.

lol, ding ding ding.

i know many people running the stock internal d17 7thgen boosted for 2+ years without this problems.

def blame the tuning and the mechanic here. brothers 7thgen isnt boosted, has had it over 5 years now, paid off, and only replaced one $50 sensor.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                          if you take the turbo off, you wont be maple

also to the idiots, the d17 engine was really a honda fuck up, the only thing you can do with these engines is swap crank and rods to a d16 to make it a 1.7

other than that the colling ports and thermostat desing of the head are, not honda likely at all, and the fact tha MR. maple makes syroup out of these engines doenst amaze me at all

he's not the only one who has had bad luck boosting this engine, a lot of people have, is just unlike him other people know when to quit

save for a k20 bro, you'll never regret it
                          thats a false statement...

it comes down to who's tuning, like any other boosted engine. you need kpro to properly run this motor when boosted. cant run a vafc and not expect issues.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Yeah no shit sherlock that's a SI

Comment

Maybe I had an unusually slow F22a1. When we were in high school we'd just bomb around back roads and I always had trouble keeping up. Maybe a healthy A6 would change things up.

Stick vs Auto is going to greatly change the driving dynamics though.
                              Honda neutered the a1

Comment

Ahh Wayne, you and your car troubles. Seems like this is all to familiar. Like it has been said save for a K swap and put that new technology and aftermarket support to good use! O and you gonna bring the civic to AFM this year?
                                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X