No announcement yet.

Maple Civic Woes again haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civics are fine. they just come with very small engines and people try to hot rod them around and boost them. There some good fast civic engines tho but most are to small and underpowered, thats why I sold my EF to get my 1st CB and I havent stopped buying them
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
      civics are fine. they just come with very small engines and people try to hot rod them around and boost them. There some good fast civic engines tho but most are to small and underpowered, thats why I sold my EF to get my 1st CB and I havent stopped buying them
      Interesting... So Civics have small engines so you bought a Accord to get away from those small engines.
      Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

2 problems I see here.

One - You mention that the D17 has a shitty HG design and the HG is already blown on the new engine. Why are you boosting on that then?

Two - Bigger turbo moves more air, thus you need less PSI to produce the same amount of power. So why are you turning UP the boost?
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

well they most of the trim levels came with a 1.5 or 1.6. Yes a good dohc b16 or b18 can dip.
          My brother has a 96ex and it has a b16 and it was slow. Then he swapped in his b18 dohc vtec motor and now its fast.
          My EF could not even get out of its own way so I did a vtec head swap and put the good 4 port manifold on and it helped with throttle response but my stock accord SE is alot faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            2 problems I see here.

One - You mention that the D17 has a shitty HG design and the HG is already blown on the new engine. Why are you boosting on that then?

Two - Bigger turbo moves more air, thus you need less PSI to produce the same amount of power. So why are you turning UP the boost?
            The d17 ranges from 100 to 127 hp so its not bad on such a light car.
            plus its boosted

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
              Get an Accord. There I fixed your problem.
              he had a couple of them.. fucked them up too..

Comment

What are you on for a tune? Maple, it's a D17 Need I say moar?! Run it n/a and never look back. Or, return to build or swap when you have more funds. Might be slower than shit but hey, you won't get stranded. Priorities.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                  Priorities.

search for "maple priorities" and youll see some of his great spending choices and begging for money.. pretty fucking pathetic..

Comment

just buy a used t25. why buy some cheap ebay turbo? lots of other cars come with t25/t28 turbos. all you gotta do is make sure its good

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                      he had a couple of them.. fucked them up too..
                      time for an old school toyota hilux aka 1988 toyota pickup. those shits NEVER fuck up

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                        What are you on for a tune? Maple, it's a D17 Need I say moar?! Run it n/a and never look back. Or, return to build or swap when you have more funds. Might be slower than shit but hey, you won't get stranded. Priorities.
                        Noah...you'd better sit down and get ready to do some reading. Priorities are never on the top order on his list.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
                          shit keeps breaking, causing more money wasted in the car.

I blew a hole the size of a baseball in block. I got a new EX Motor for 400$.
                          So what's next:
                          Install new bigger T28 Turbo.
                          Push 10PSI instead of 8PSI.
                          Ohhh Maple, C'mon man surely your STARTING to learn after all these years

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                            Ohhh Maple, C'mon man surely your STARTING to learn after all these years
                            Colin. We can't win.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Did Colin just put Maple and Learn in the same sentence???

Wow.

It isn't possible.

Comment

Maple is too old and has been here too long to be this dumb

I think something might be really wrong with him

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X