No announcement yet.

INT : Map light install EX and SE trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice headliner 2.2, i was looking at a 1st gen Legend today. It has a similar setup that might work as well, along with rear pillar mounted map lights. If I get around to getting, them I'll see how they work out.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

bodiby....thanks....used your post to straighten out my maplight install....lights were only comin' on when the doors opened....now it's all good....btw, used 99 accord maplights...looks kickass...bump for a great diy
      i roll my wagon slo, f22b style...

Comment

2.2- maplights look really cool, props on being creative and finding different maplights to install...

Slowagon- post up some pics of how the '99 maplights look bro....

Comment

i've been looking like crazy on ebay for maplights...so many posibilities...i really wanna do this..

Comment

can u show a pic of the wiring goin around the sunroof?

Comment

Originally posted by npor
              i've been looking like crazy on ebay for maplights...so many posibilities...i really wanna do this..

not difficult at all. i found maplights for the 94-01 integra coz it matched the tan headliner.

5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I've got a grey set of maplights....I think it's from a legend, but if anyone's interested I'll let it go cheap...

Comment

i may perhaps be up for that. what coin do these things typically fetch?

and PRIMO...when did your engine get like that?

Comment

I gave 10 bucks for mine....later

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                      i may perhaps be up for that. what coin do these things typically fetch?

and PRIMO...when did your engine get like that?

I'm not lookin' to retire off the sale , throw me an offer including shipping....

Comment

nice write-up. I installed map-lights a while ago in my SE. I bought accessory map lights kit from my dealer for the 1996 Odyssey (ivory). You can get lofty grey too. They are the same lights as in the 96-97 Accord except the kit includes a special mounting braket that actually uses the rear view mirror mounting screws to secure the lights from above. It is a super OEM fit but takes a super-PRECISION cut for the hole. Honda supplies you with a template that works the same on the Accord. They also supply you with screws, wiring harness and wire tap. I got the kit for $59 One problem with this style of map light: my sunvisors hit the silver button when I swing them back. anyone else have that problem? BTW, it is possible to have them turn on with the dome light but you would need a diode so the whole car wouldn't light up when you turn a map light on. and yes, the dome light has two wires. one supplies a constand 12V and the other supplies 12V that turns on with the doors.

Comment

damn u all and ur sunroofs
                          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

i also did this mod. I used the rear map light out of 2.5tl and it fit perfectly.

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

Looking to clarify the wiring. There is conflicting information here:

Originally posted by bodiby
                              -The screws that hold up the dome light provide a constant a ground.
                              -Wire one goes to ground when the doors are open and is floating when they are closed.
                              -Wire two is 12v.

If you connect your map lights to the two wires, they should go on and off when the doors open and close.

If you connect your map lights to the 12v wire and ground, they should work independent of the doors.
                              ^^^ So, the black wire described originally by flyinlow is the floating ground ("wire one") and the blue/white is constant 12v ("wire two"). Correct?

And furthermore, by connecting the maplight to the two wires so that it goes on and off with the domelight, does that mean you'd no longer be able to use the maplight independently? And you'd have to leave both buttons pushed in? << that's not a maplight, it's a second domelight.

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                              white/blue is 12v constant, black is ground, black/white is door trigger (provides ground when a door is open) and red/black is 12v when parking lights are turned on.
                              ^^^ 4 wires now? From where? I only see 2 wires going into that Civic maplight.

Originally posted by xaxis360
                              BTW, it is possible to have them turn on with the dome light but you would need a diode so the whole car wouldn't light up when you turn a map light on. and yes, the dome light has two wires. one supplies a constand 12V and the other supplies 12V that turns on with the doors.
                              ^^^ Diode? Those guys didn't mention that. At any rate, did the kit mention an option of how it worked or does it only work one way? Got part # or link?
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Wow, you guys blew the dust of this thread. Ive yet to mess with this and find out how I could make them work independently of the dome light but still work with it when the doors open.Just a thought here, the switch on the original dome light has three settings OFF-open door-On.I wonder if splicing a second wire on to the one 12v wire coming from the maplights and hooking it up to the constant 12v on the dome light.Thus Having three wires total hooked up to the dome light.2 12v and 1 ground EEK!! I better just stop there and try some stuff tomorrow.Ill let you know deckeda.
                                later

Comment

Working...
                                X