CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 02-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #21
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

wagon.spec is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
What's with the jumpiness in your speedometer? I would have guessed maybe wheel spin, but it's happening even on the straights.

And how are you liking that header design compared to the Bisi rep? Notice any change in power band? This prototype looks exactly like the PLM tri-Y I picked up for mine after seeing that PLM changed the design a bit in their Bisi rep in a really bad way.
I believe the speed sensor plug failed and the connection is coming and going, messing up the pulse wave for the cluster. But the 1320Performance Prototype fits so much better than my PLM ramhorn did. I haven't compared them on the dyno yet but thats coming very soon.

And ideally for road racing in a class where I have a hp limit, the 4-2-1 should yield weaker but broader pulses back to the exhaust valve giving me slightly less peak but a broader powerband. I will certainly update when I get the car back on the dyno to see if it works out that way or not.
wagon.spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:11 AM   #22
SSMAccord
CB7tuner Member

SSMAccord seems to have made some friends! SSMAccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to SSMAccord
That is an entertaining track video. Are you running a baffled oil pan?

I worry about oil starvation and oil pressure drops during track driving at HDPEs. I have contemplated adding an accusump unit or having a baffle welded into my oil pan to mitigate the potential occurrence. But both of those might be overkill.
SSMAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:33 AM   #23
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
How did it stack up at the track against the Ponies and other machines?

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #24
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon.spec View Post

And ideally for road racing in a class where I have a hp limit, the 4-2-1 should yield weaker but broader pulses back to the exhaust valve giving me slightly less peak but a broader powerband. I will certainly update when I get the car back on the dyno to see if it works out that way or not.
Depends on runner length and volumetric capacity of the runner and the merge too.

Not just 4-2-1 = broader powerband. I guess what I’m saying is the science behind the design is a lot more elaborate and to actually squeeze out a wider powerband the pulses need to hit the valve at the right time, which relies specifically on the pressure in the runner, which is directly related to the length of the distance the pulse has to travel as well as the volumetric capacity of the runner and the size of the collector

Nice setup btw.
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #25
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
And then there are anti-reversion steps/chambers to consider. Is a well-designed one supposed to completely stop the pulse from reaching the valve, or just weaken it?
Old 02-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #26
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAccord View Post
That is an entertaining track video. Are you running a baffled oil pan?

I worry about oil starvation and oil pressure drops during track driving at HDPEs. I have contemplated adding an accusump unit or having a baffle welded into my oil pan to mitigate the potential occurrence. But both of those might be overkill.
I do have a baffled oil pan. A moroso, you can see it in my pictures of the header. It's very much not straight as I had a bad off a year or two ago and I had to hammer and weld it back together. But an accusump is certainly on the to-do list!

And she holds her own pretty well. right around 200whp and without driver the car weighs in at around 2560lbs.

@toycar
Yes, sir. I have no excuse for failing to do all the math myself, but I got such a steal on the header and my tuner is like 15 minutes from my house so I'll be posting a dyno graph for both headers soon. It should be pretty applicable to many with H22s as my engine is completely stock minus the balance shaft delete and s2000 throttle body. The prototype is supposed to be going into production in the next couple of months. also, thank you. I've had the wagon since 2011 so it's been a work in progress for quite some time!

I appreciate all the love. It's the most fun car I have ever driven by far. And a side effect is that it is quite the conversation starter at the track haha.

Last edited by wagon.spec; 02-26-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #27
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
And then there are anti-reversion steps/chambers to consider. Is a well-designed one supposed to completely stop the pulse from reaching the valve, or just weaken it?
The pulses will at a certain point, bounce off the exhaust valve as it opens and actually draw out exhaust gas faster than it otherwise would exit. The pulses help. And any time the pipe diameter changes, such as when two pipes converge, it sends a pulse back.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #28
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ke7Wvof_8lI?start=11https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ke7Wvof_8lI?start=11
Old 05-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #29
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Man, what were those German cars doing in the Honda Challege?

Dude, things were going so well, and then...snap

You weren't able to engage any gear after that? It's weird, I guess I would be able to know more if I was driving at the time. Have you taken the trans apart and looked at the input shaft?

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #30
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Man, what were those German cars doing in the Honda Challege?

Dude, things were going so well, and then...snap

You weren't able to engage any gear after that? It's weird, I guess I would be able to know more if I was driving at the time. Have you taken the trans apart and looked at the input shaft?
Ah the axle popped out on the passenger side. My fault for not having my race axles rebuilt yet. But I still had a blast, especially battling with the blue b16 civic.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:32 PM   #31
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #32
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Yes, that was a good battle, you were faster than him if you both were in isolation, but it really shows how racing behind someone faster than you can improve your line. That was happening to you when the Bimmers past you.

A lot of people were going two off and four off in front of you, but I only saw the white integra that had a field day in the grass get called in. Do they call in two wheel off cars as well for a chat?
I let the beamers go so as not to ruin their class race. But since this was a race group they don't really black flag anyone unless you've really made an ass of yourself. I'm shooting for August to have the car back out there. Hopefully fixing some of my issues and dropping a second or so off my lap time. I ran a 2:17 during the race which was a personal best for me. But the fastest in Honda Challenge 2 are running 2:11s/2:12s so I need to find some more speed haha.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:57 AM   #33
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

Update: BIG WANG

Nine lives racing big wang is now mounted. Looking to run closer to the front this season! Also I have cut another 50-60lbs out of the car thanks to some advice from KarlK on the doors.
I am trying to post a picture of it but apparently I suck at life....

Last edited by wagon.spec; 06-11-2020 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:05 AM   #34
Daheavyking
Contributing Member

Daheavyking is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Daheavyking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon.spec View Post
Nine lives racing big wang is now mounted. Looking to run closer to the front this season! Also I have cut another 50-60lbs out of the car thanks to some advice from KarlK on the doors.
I am trying to post a picture of it but apparently I suck at life....
Big Wang Gang!!! Good luck this season boss!!! Hooray for wagons!!!!
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_XXX View Post
Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!
Daheavyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #35
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I can't get enough of how serious this thing is, with the cage and the weight-saving measures. Too cool. Any special aero going on in the front?
Old 06-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #36
cp[mike]
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful cp[mike] is very helpful
this thing is a beast! nice work!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
- 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
- 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
- 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
- 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
Current cars:
- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
- 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion
cp[mike] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #37
TypeG

TypeG is very helpful TypeG is very helpful
this is a nice build to see.

you got me thinking about the brake master cylinder. does it come with a new reservoir cap or are you using the oem on it? later.

TypeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:49 AM   #38
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I just looked into Nine Lives Racing and they actually use the word "wang" when describing anything related to that part. Real R&D behind it, too, it looks like.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:50 AM   #39
wagon.spec
CB7tuner Member

New and sexy update

I really appreciate the love from all of you guys that were answering my questions on here 11 years ago when I picked up my first CB7. I asked some really stupid questions before I bought my first car. I wanted to make sure the intake manifold on the accords were aluminum because I was 100% spraying it and had just watched a cobalt? explode its plastic intake with a back fire haha. (dont laugh too hard, I had never even seen an engine bay on a cb7 at this point lol)
But anyway, I actually did put a 150 shot on my 200k mile f22a with a Zex wet kit and did some street car 1v1 racing on a short oval track, called Wacky Wednesday at Langley Speedway.
My buddy wrecked my 92 coupe there and gave me the wagon shell and $500 for my trouble. And now here we are, I am setting up metal plate diffs instead of trying to confirm an intake is metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daheavyking View Post
Big Wang Gang!!! Good luck this season boss!!! Hooray for wagons!!!!
Thanks, man. I didn't make it out until this past weekend (9/12-9/13) but my god. With the new go fast parts I ran 2.5 seconds faster than my previous personal best and I battled it out with some of those B18C5 powered cars. I have a video up on youtube for that race, it was legitimately exciting https://youtu.be/UUrryBGV6m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post
this thing is a beast! nice work!!
Thank you mike. I definitely have gotten my fair share of info from misc stuff you have done. Feel like this is fitting of the metaphor "standing on the shoulders of giants." Definitely love to see yall still passionate about this chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeG
this is a nice build to see.

you got me thinking about the brake master cylinder. does it come with a new reservoir cap or are you using the oem on it? later.
I'm not sure I follow but I will try to answer. I am using the EM1 master cylinder. I bought it new from Honda with the reservoir and cap. And I am using the Honed Developments brake booster delete kit. I absolutely love the brake set up. It is super consistent and very easy to modulate.

Quote:
I can't get enough of how serious this thing is, with the cage and the weight-saving measures. Too cool. Any special aero going on in the front?
Thank you man. The car is now down to 2660 with 1/4 tank and me in it. More weight reduction to come.
As for the front end, rules are quite specific and state that a splitter cant extend beyond the outline of the car when viewed from above. Well our bumper allows for probably the largest splitter in Honda Challenge. So I have a decently large blade I made from wood sheathing 13/32 iirc. Made a second one for when it breaks, which is also why its made out of a cheap material. And then I used some various stuff to make a semi flexible air damn to fill the gap.

And yes, wang gang, big wang, etc. He absolutely does. It's a nice break from all the overly PC stuff lately. I really would like one of the "Big Wang Gang" hoodies he has.

Here is what it looks like up front.

So not all my info is super up to date and I will try to correct that as I have the time.
But the "Big Wang" is absolutely awesome. The car is insane. I just beat my personal best at VIR by 2.5 seconds with 3 mods.

Wang and home made front splitter
Wilwood fronts
and
Still running 225/45/15 but now on a 8" wheel instead of 7" and it performs so much better. I will have better pics out once the awesome photographer with NASA posts his pictures, but for now I will share what I have!

If you guys follow me on instagram or dm me on there, I have no problem adding some of you OG guys on facebook where I post most frequently about the car build at racing. Just DM and let me know your name.

Last edited by wagon.spec; 09-16-2020 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #40
Raf99
CB7tuner Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
"Still running 225/45/15 but now on a 8" wheel instead of 7" and it performs so much better. "

Can you comment on this. Do you rub on full turn? (on shock , on radius rod or upper body area). From my knowledge I always thought a 225 would rub on the fender and rub when doing a full turn. And having an 8" wide wheel would definitely run on a full turn. Your thoughts?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: