X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunta
    replied
    Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    A specific paint code might be an issue, but he has 30 or more colors on display, so I suppose it is "close enough". Instead of "custom", maybe I should have said a "range" of colors is available.

I've been trying to get him to a do a valve cover, but he's concerned about getting all the cleaning solution out of the baffled area on the inside. I've had trouble finding anything that will take what's left of the factory wrinkly coating off.
    Aircraft paint remover will take it off no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    A specific paint code might be an issue, but he has 30 or more colors on display, so I suppose it is "close enough". Instead of "custom", maybe I should have said a "range" of colors is available.

I've been trying to get him to a do a valve cover, but he's concerned about getting all the cleaning solution out of the baffled area on the inside. I've had trouble finding anything that will take what's left of the factory wrinkle coating off.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-21-2018, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Weak, my shop couldn't do custom colors. Claimed it would have been $5-600 to make a specific paint code like I wanted. Had to settle for 'close enough.' Maybe a redo is in their future if I can find a better shop.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    It only took about 2 weeks. $25 for the hood latch. I think the fan frame was about that. He strips the rust (he can do entire car bodies), then coats them. I'd try powder coating at home, but the derusting is tough. I used to have a vat of phosphoric acid, but it seemed to really pit the metal when trying to do really rusty parts.

The latch was sort of an experiment, since you can't disassemble it, I was worried that the chemical cleaning, then maybe the powder coating would get into the clearances of the moving parts and make them sticky. Everything seems to move pretty freely. If anyone wants one, I have a couple more latches I could have done. Custom colors available!
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-21-2018, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    ^ How long was your wait? I just took some parts in, and after the first two shops turned out to be closed, the third had a month wait. Just wondering if thats anywhere close to typical backup.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Had a couple parts powder coated to see how well they'd turn out. You can never find a clean condenser fan frame or hood latch.

DSC02084 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

DSC02083 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• F22Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    Been frustrated by the CRV recently, and ended up buying something to replace it: a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, turbo manual wagon. It is super comfortable, powerful, and still has plenty of room. I would have liked it to be a Honda but I really wanted something AWD.

Nice! how much did you pick it up for?

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    New wheels and tires for the truck. Pardon the filthy truck. It's been a long and depressing winter, so my ability to clean has been limited.

IMG_2218[4548] by Mike M, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    I was about to ask where that photo was taken so I could check the place out myself, but you've got Maine plates and the other ones in the background don't look local. Very nice choice, though, I've always had an eye on those myself.

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    Been frustrated by the CRV recently, and ended up buying something to replace it: a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, turbo manual wagon. It is super comfortable, powerful, and still has plenty of room. I would have liked it to be a Honda but I really wanted something AWD.

Beautiful! German Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and a KillerB oil pickup!

Then downpipe and tune.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crankshaft
    replied
    Just went and got the complimentary 3/8 model to the 1/2 inch impact i got.

IMG_20180418_061457 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Crankshaft
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunta View Post
    unholy hell , I mind figure out a way to rig a pair of them to drive the rear wheels.
    If you gonna dream you gotta dream big, why stop at rear wheels when you can go all out and make it the AWD that we are all waiting for; imagine 1400ft/lb times 4= a friggin all out dragster!

Leave a comment:

• Bunta
    replied
    Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
    We could use one on the front wheels and get an instant 1400ft/lb of torque instantaneously Hahahahahaha think of that acceleration.
    I see I'm not only one with ideas

Leave a comment:

• Bunta
    replied
    Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
    The model below is 2767, which is the one Cyborg got and it's rated at 1400ft/lb of torque
    https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI
    unholy hell , I mind figure out a way to rig a pair of them to drive the rear wheels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X