No announcement yet.

What car would you buy with $15k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad it wasnt 23k. i wouldve said 2012 vw beetle turbo!

but for 15k a subaru forester xt or subaru baja. a r/t or srt dodge magnum as well

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

2005 acura RL's are starting to go cheap enough where you might be able to get one for $15k

If not a 2003 acura TL type S or a 2003 acura CL type S 6 speed.

Comment

E46 330i ZHP, 6-speed.

Or if I manage to find one in great shape, an E34 M5 3.8. Oh, how I LUSTED after that car as a child.

My father bought a 2005 TSX 6MT last year for about $12k. As much as I love driving it when I visit home, I would take a sport-suspension-equipped E46 over it. The rear-drive just makes it feel more balanced.
        Last edited by Nurega; 09-02-2011, 03:34 AM.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

s2000 without any question. i actually am going to do just that sometime soon.

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

I'm guessing you live south of the border, so this may not apply...
            If I had $15k for car up here in Canada, I'd be seriously looking at an R32 or R33 Skyline. Sure they are a bit older, but most of the ones fresh off the boat from Japan have low miles.

Another possibility to look into if you want something that's a little different (yes, it's a bit older but...) How about a BMW 8 series? That's another car I've lusted after and would be looking at if I had $15k. Unfortunately a BMW 850i with a manual transmission would be hard to find. The gas mileage on a V12 would probably be horrendus, although the official figures are not much different than my Infiniti Q45.

For something newer that would be fun to drive, how about a newer Mini Cooper S? In my area they seem to be in the $15k range.

As previously mentioned, A Lexus IS300 would be a good choice. A V8 powered GS or SC would also make for a nice combination of power and comfort.
            Last edited by RustyBucket; 09-02-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I, myself, am looking at ap1 s2ks. But another great option for be would have to be a B6(03-05) s4 avant and then a B5 s4 avant or that R32 skyline 15 miles from my appartment for sale for 12k.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

I just did! 06 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                  If i had to choose, i'd get an AP2 S2000. Huge fan of Honda and RWD. A damn sexy car. 15k should cover it and then some...

What about a bike? This is $15k...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^
                  I've loved this bike for a while now. I want to test ride one soooo bad. $15k is the base model though. It's more like $17+ if you want all the options that should have been standard anyway... Race package has the abs and traction control, akrapovic exhaust, aftermarket rearsets, race tune from bmw... etc

Comment

What is people's infatuation w/IS300s?

One of my buddies had a new one when we were in high school, and we all thought it was slow as shit. IS350 is a little more $$$ used but so much better, even w/the auto.

If it was me... here's my list

- G35 6MT sedan
                    - E46 M3
                    - 04-08 TL 6MT
                    - 7th gen Accord V6-6 coupe
                    - WRX STI/9-2x Aero
                    - S60R
                    - MKIV R32

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

what is a good year for a used Legacy wagon with the least amount of problems from the factory? They only with AWD drive right?

Comment

S2000 gets my vote
                        1993 Accord EX
                        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Accord V6 6 speed, coupe or sedan.

Or a TSX 6 speed.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Alot of good options listed thru out the thread but i still see some cars older than 2004 being listed, thats a no go. It has to be 04 or newer (being picky here).

Here is my list of cars i'm interested in(no specific order)

E39 BMW M5 (preferably 01-03)
                            2001 BMW 740i/il Sport Edition (i'ma a huge Transporter fan)
                            04-07 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
                            04-07 Honda Accord V6 (Auto or 6MT)
                            00-06 Lexus GS3/4 (preferably Sport or Platinum edition - strong VIP platform)
                            01-06 Lexus LS430 (perfect VIP platform IMO)
                            04-07 Acura TL (preferably w/ A-spec kit)

I'm 6' 1'" - 2" and 280 lbs currently...should be down to 250 in a few months but i like spacious cars...i'm more into sedans as you can see.

I looked into the TSX which would be a bang for my buck but its quite small inside

I'm gonna look into the some of the other options listed and see if they change my mind but the E39 M5, E38 740 and the TL is winning at this moment.
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

s2k or salvage title sti
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                s2k or salvage title sti
                                I can get good deals on salvage cars but i'm more likely moving to Canada in the near future and their laws on salvage title vehicles can be a PITA so im trying to stay away from them. The STI is kinda small for a sedan and even for $15k the mileage would be higher than i would like and quite beat up.
                                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                                X