X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd look hard for a low mileage C5 Vette and add a few bolt-ons

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      I can get good deals on salvage cars but i'm more likely moving to Canada in the near future and their laws on salvage title vehicles can be a PITA so im trying to stay away from them. The STI is kinda small for a sedan and even for $15k the mileage would be higher than i would like and quite beat up.
      RWD in Canada? *scary face*

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        RWD in Canada? *scary face*
        i was waiting for someone to say that. believe me, i thought about keeping the CG and getting a skyline when I move there
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

since you didn't specify that you couldn't have a car payment afterwards, I'd use it as a down payment on a GTR.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
            since you didn't specify that you couldn't have a car payment afterwards, I'd use it as a down payment on a GTR.
            true but the max is $15k for the total price of the car not to put towards a car.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

I could find me a gently used 04/05/06 TL for that price. Perhaps even an 07 v6 Accord Sedan.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Alot of good options listed thru out the thread but i still see some cars older than 2004 being listed, thats a no go. It has to be 04 or newer (being picky here).

Here is my list of cars i'm interested in(no specific order)

E39 BMW M5 (preferably 01-03)
                2001 BMW 740i/il Sport Edition (i'ma a huge Transporter fan)
                04-07 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
                04-07 Honda Accord V6 (Auto or 6MT)
                00-06 Lexus GS3/4 (preferably Sport or Platinum edition - strong VIP platform)
                01-06 Lexus LS430 (perfect VIP platform IMO)
                04-07 Acura TL (preferably w/ A-spec kit)

I'm 6' 1'" - 2" and 280 lbs currently...should be down to 250 in a few months but i like spacious cars...i'm more into sedans as you can see.

I looked into the TSX which would be a bang for my buck but its quite small inside

I'm gonna look into the some of the other options listed and see if they change my mind but the E39 M5, E38 740 and the TL is winning at this moment.
                Out of all the cars on your list I think the LS430 is the winner. Here is some motivation:

2001 on Weds:

2005 on Works:

Comment

You can get that car, those wheels and all the included suspension parts for under 15k?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    You can get that car, those wheels and all the included suspension parts for under 15k?
                    nope. haha

I think the total cost for the 05 is around 36k right now, but the car itself was around 28k otd with 50k miles. Finding an 01 for under 15k is doable though.

Comment

2008 cbr600rr they are like 12k new.
                      Last edited by thepowderblue; 09-02-2011, 05:29 PM.
                      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                        2008 cbr600rr they are like 12k new.
                        C'mon that thing's a scooter compared to the Beemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                          C'mon that thing's a scooter compared to the Beemer.
                          Yeah A 11 second scooter

Plus I dont like german stuff, They try to redesign the wheel.
                          Last edited by thepowderblue; 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM.
                          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                            nope. haha

I think the total cost for the 05 is around 36k right now, but the car itself was around 28k otd with 50k miles. Finding an 01 for under 15k is doable though.
                            yea you can find an 01 for under $15k but miles would be close to 100k. The suspension and wheels can easily hit close to or over $10k especially if you get a new nice set of leon hardiritt wheels. When i browse vipstylecars.com it makes me feel so poor They sell used wheels on there for $2k to $4k

However i do love the LS430 but it will take a bunch of cash and time to get it to how i would like it and im trying to responsible and not blow tons on cash on modding a car(even though im able to)
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

yea you can find an 01 for under $15k but miles would be close to 100k. The suspension and wheels can easily hit close to or over $10k especially if you get a new nice set of leon hardiritt wheels. When i browse vipstylecars.com it makes me feel so poor They sell used wheels on there for $2k to $4k

However i do love the LS430 but it will take a bunch of cash and time to get it to how i would like it and im trying to responsible and not blow tons on cash on modding a car(even though im able to)
                              I never really browse VSC. I know a lot of the members through mutual friends, but their forum isn't really active enough for it to be interesting to me. I usually just shop for wheels and air parts in their classifieds section.

I always believe things that are worth having take time and patience since quality can't be rushed. As far as being responsible with money goes... At least with cars you will have a physical item to show for it at the end of the day. Once you decide to move on you'll have the memories and a percentage of the money spent.

Comment

I have seen five year old 7 series for 15k at dealerships.. The average person doesn't want a 7 series out of warranty so they are super cheap.. A stock 7 series is how I would go..

Comment

Working...
                                X