Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NSFW) Petition to stop printing $1 bills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's go back to the gold standard.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

^^ So instead of getting a penny back for change, you'd want to get a fleck of gold dust?
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

just get rid of ones entirely...everyone is going to credit and cash guys like me only deal in 20's.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          ^^ So instead of getting a penny back for change, you'd want to get a fleck of gold dust?
          I demand a shilling.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I must be weird, because I love having a metric-ton of change in my pocket. I can't answer why, it's just awesome.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

We use One and Two dollar coins, Have done for longer than I've been alive, followed by a $5 Note.
              IMO Notes are a hassle unless they are large numbers.
              Eg - Id rather have 1 $50 Note than 10 $5 Notes.
              I'd hate to imagine how many Notes I'd have to sort through if $1 and $2 were included.

The other thing is shops usually like extra coins because everybody pays by Notes.
              I often rock up to shops to buy something, tip all my coins out of my wallet (It's always less than 10 coins) and say "This in cash, the rest on Eftpos thanks" And they never mind.

Just to add to the currency conversation:
              I don't understand the point in having 1c (Penny) in this day and age, you'd think they would be long gone now.
              (Can you even buy anything for 1c???)

You'd walk around with just as many (If not more) Penny's, as you would $1's
              Sure Penny's are smaller but still . . .

Couple of years ago we got rid of the 5c coin because the reality is that they are a waste of time.
              Everything's simply rounded to the nearest 10c now.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

In America they charge an extra 9/10's of .01 on every gallon of gas. Shit is that petty here. Doing away with pennies = millions in lost loophole revenue.

My opinion anyways.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Wouldn't coins be somewhat easier to counterfeit?

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    We use One and Two dollar coins, Have done for longer than I've been alive, followed by a $5 Note.
                    IMO Notes are a hassle unless they are large numbers.
                    Eg - Id rather have 1 $50 Note than 10 $5 Notes.
                    I'd hate to imagine how many Notes I'd have to sort through if $1 and $2 were included.

The other thing is shops usually like extra coins because everybody pays by Notes.
                    I often rock up to shops to buy something, tip all my coins out of my wallet (It's always less than 10 coins) and say "This in cash, the rest on Eftpos thanks" And they never mind.

Just to add to the currency conversation:
                    I don't understand the point in having 1c (Penny) in this day and age, you'd think they would be long gone now.
                    (Can you even buy anything for 1c???)

You'd walk around with just as many (If not more) Penny's, as you would $1's
                    Sure Penny's are smaller but still . . .

Couple of years ago we got rid of the 5c coin because the reality is that they are a waste of time.
                    Everything's simply rounded to the nearest 10c now.

Because inflation. Following your pattern, we eventually won't need singles anymore(in whatever form they take).
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Watch this video, but pay attention to the part about the coins. Around 1:55

Comment

Working...
                      X