Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Being a stunt rider myself, I can understand the situation a bit differently than most.

Let's start with the rider that was first hit, most likely he was perimeter control for the ride. Perimeter controls job is to keep cagers or "people driving a 4 wheel vehicles" out of the front of traffic so stunt riders have a cushion between them and traffic incase someone spills.

I would imagine the RR driver was not happy with the rolling traffic jam in front of him and tried to force his way through. Both sides over reacted.

The only thing that would have prevented the whole thing would have been both sides being adults. There was no need to run over bikes or beat people to near death.
    Bill, you are nearly 100% right!!!

Like I said in my previous posts, alot of SUV drivers drive like they own the road and fuck anyone who gets in their way. Ralphie knows the west side highway like I do and has had his share of near misses. The other night a 3 year old girl got killed by an SUV idiot.

As far as NY recognizing out of state gun carry permits, the state does but NYC has different regulations because of all the shooting going on.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Oh yeah, they were trying to get the wife out of the car to beat her too. The group is listed as a GANG by the police department. Any illegal activity falls under the gang laws, plus regular laws. These guys are all screwed. They will not press charges against the RR driver, but they will press charges against every single motorcycle rider that was involved with the incident and is caught.

Sad that it took some random guy to stop all of this and from photos that surfaced, the bikers gave up when two guys finally stepped in and got inbetween the bikers and the RR passengers.

I'd be annoyed by a rolling traffic jam too, especially since it is ILLEGAL!!! And was to allow for more illegal activity. Nothing you have said can defend the actions of the bikers, but there are so many things that can defend the actions of the RR driver. Its not a matter of opinion, its facts and interpretations of law. There is no arguing who was at fault. End of story.

Comment

Total of 5 now charged including off duty limp dick cop:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/08/us/bik...html?hpt=hp_t1

Also, I must be blind but I haven't seen any jokes about the driver being Asian and hence not a good driver...anyone?
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Being a stunt rider myself, I can understand the situation a bit differently than most.

Let's start with the rider that was first hit, most likely he was perimeter control for the ride. Perimeter controls job is to keep cagers or "people driving a 4 wheel vehicles" out of the front of traffic so stunt riders have a cushion between them and traffic incase someone spills.

I would imagine the RR driver was not happy with the rolling traffic jam in front of him and tried to force his way through. Both sides over reacted.

The only thing that would have prevented the whole thing would have been both sides being adults. There was no need to run over bikes or beat people to near death.
          Seriously, you guys created job titles? How about doing your little charades on private property or on a closed course. The elusive common sense is at it again.

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
          Also, I must be blind but I haven't seen any jokes about the driver being Asian and hence not a good driver...anyone?
          Too soon maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
            Seriously, you guys created job titles? How about doing your little charades on private property or on a closed course. The elusive common sense is at it again.
            The thing is, the majority of the stunt riders out there do only ride in parking lots or at air strips for practice. These guys were going to an event at a lot and were blocked by police and that pre-agitated them. I'm not condoning their action, just explaining why that initial rider got hit.

I'm not dumb enough to provoke a rolling traffic jam of stunt bikes, anyone with common sense would either avoid them by taking another route or waiting for them to clear out, because they always stay on the move to avoid police anyway. Both of these routes could be done from the safety of being behind the bikes and can be done while on the phone reporting the offenders to the police instead of going all traffic vigilante on them.

Yes some do illegal and unsafe things, but that is personal choice. When I rode with my friends in Houston I trailered my bike to the lot and home. Two reasons, you don't get messed with for riding a bike that may not be street legal and if you thrash it at the lot you can load it back up and go home still.

Comment

[QUOTE=uslspct;3171565]Total of 5 now charged including off duty limp dick cop:

...QUOTE]

I read about this today too. Sad. Considering he didn't call 911 (so he didn't blow his "cover"), that he turned himself in 4 days later (after the fact that he said he was not involved, THEN video evidence proved that wrong), and the fact that he drove away after people started beating the driver. All proves he was part of the problem and not the solution. If this guy gets suspended with pay i'm going to be extremely disappointed.

The best comments i've seen were:
              - why are the cops looking for information from the public when there was a police officer there
              - why did the police officer allow this to go so far and when was he going to put a stop to it. Why the fack is he smashing the window of the car?
              - wtf is a police officer doing with these guys, and shouldn't he have reported all of this when the day was done

The best thing about this is that there was video. Imagine if there was no video of this what people would of gotten away with! I'm also thinking the guy with the helmet camera is probably hated by a lot of people right now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raf99;3171590]

...QUOTE]

I read about this today too. Sad. Considering he didn't call 911 (so he didn't blow his "cover"), that he turned himself in 4 days later (after the fact that he said he was not involved, THEN video evidence proved that wrong), and the fact that he drove away after people started beating the driver. All proves he was part of the problem and not the solution. If this guy gets suspended with pay i'm going to be extremely disappointed.

The best comments i've seen were:
                - why are the cops looking for information from the public when there was a police officer there

- why did the police officer allow this to go so far and when was he going to put a stop to it. Why the fack is he smashing the window of the car?
                - wtf is a police officer doing with these guys, and shouldn't he have reported all of this when the day was done

The best thing about this is that there was video. Imagine if there was no video of this what people would of gotten away with! I'm also thinking the guy with the helmet camera is probably hated by a lot of people right now.

There are a couple stories claiming that at least two off duty officers were present with their "bike club" at the incident. Another thing that is whack, the officer thats being blasted by the news, was off duty. As in, he may be an undercover officer, but he was off duty during this event and attending for personal reasons. The "undercover work" done was posing as a protester during the occupy wal street shit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1479369

In this article, it shows a pic of the victim lying on the ground with a pool of blood forming around his head. Dude got beat pretty bad.
                Last edited by toycar; 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar
                  There are a couple stories claiming that at least two off duty officers were present with their "bike club" at the incident. Another thing that is whack, the officer thats being blasted by the news, was off duty. As in, he may be an undercover officer, but he was off duty during this event and attending for personal reasons. The "undercover work" done was posing as a protester during the occupy wal street shit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1479369

In this article, it shows a pic of the victim lying on the ground with a pool of blood forming around his head. Dude got beat pretty bad.
                  The worst part of it all is that these assholes were not aspiring to be physicists or anything that would have any useful impact on society, so after all this crap they caused, they'll just do their time and move on but this guys world was shattered....the emotional impact for him and his wife and hopefully not his kid(she looks too young to maybe remember it) will last for quite a while.....but these guys have nothing to lose....except maybe their stupid bikes.

Fucking shame.

Comment

That's because it isn't funny and I actually find it offensive. Please refrain from racist comments like this.

Comment

because we'll remember that when we take over the world. we can sacrafice our own so whats a bunch of foreigners?
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        The worst part of it all is that these assholes were not aspiring to be physicists or anything that would have any useful impact on society, so after all this crap they caused, they'll just do their time and move on but this guys world was shattered....the emotional impact for him and his wife and hopefully not his kid(she looks too young to maybe remember it) will last for quite a while.....but these guys have nothing to lose....except maybe their stupid bikes.

Fucking shame.
                        First off, they weren't a gang or a club. The ones who organized the ride are on stuntlife and the stunters were only a small percentage of the group.

Let's take a look at this from a different perspective, let's say a bunch of CB7 owners were out on a cruise and they were driving in a close slow moving group. An impatient driver in a Range Rover then tries to get aggressive and moves into the middle of the group, rear ending a CB7. Would the group not get upset that one of those driving with them just got rammed, then tried to flee the scene hitting more CB7s? Yes after that point everything was excessive. The driver didn't have to run over more bikes, all he had to do was wait for the police to arrive to an accident scene. Instead he tried to flee running over more bikes and enraging more bike riders who have seen too many cars run over their brethren. They then acted violently toward what they saw as violence pointed toward them. Again, I'm not condoning it but just trying to point out that both sides were in the wrong.

Then this comment about motorcycle riders being equivalent to the scum of the Earth with no life ambitions just poked me the wrong way. I know plenty of motorcycle riders who are and aspire to be more than a common street cop and I know a few cops who are stunt riders. To say they had nothing to lose is just ignorant. They all have families and they all have life ambitions and some are even working to achieve them. Owning a motorcycle is not the equivalent of being on a low run of society. I'm an engineer, and I stunt ride. I'm proud I have more to lose than you assume.

Bottom line, both sides are fucked up for doing what they did. Would I be emotional enough to be aggressive towards the driver of the cage if I were in that situation? Maybe, depending on the way things unfolded with my brethren.

A car is not a weapon, the driver clearly used it as one before the riders were aggressive towards him. I have been in situations like this before and they are unpleasant. Difference is that I was in a smaller group and the driver was packing heat. He did pull the gun on us, but before hand he tried to run my crew off the road. We called the cops after chasing him down and at gun point and he was ticketed for his actions. He tried the "I was scared for my life" bit, but really all that was happening was us stopping him from fleeing the scene of the crime after he hit a friend of mine.

Open your eyes and see the whole damned situation, not only the bikers are to blame here. The driver of the Range Rover clearly asked for this treatment. They are all to blame, bikers and drivers alike.
                        Last edited by wildBill83; 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

First off, they weren't a gang or a club. The ones who organized the ride are on stuntlife and the stunters were only a small percentage of the group.

Let's take a look at this from a different perspective, let's say a bunch of CB7 owners were out on a cruise and they were driving in a close slow moving group. An impatient driver in a Range Rover then tries to get aggressive and moves into the middle of the group, rear ending a CB7. Would the group not get upset that one of those driving with them just got rammed, then tried to flee the scene hitting more CB7s? Yes after that point everything was excessive. The driver didn't have to run over more bikes, all he had to do was wait for the police to arrive to an accident scene. Instead he tried to flee running over more bikes and enraging more bike riders who have seen too many cars run over their brethren. They then acted violently toward what they saw as violence pointed toward them. Again, I'm not condoning it but just trying to point out that both sides were in the wrong.

Then this comment about motorcycle riders being equivalent to the scum of the Earth with no life ambitions just poked me the wrong way. I know plenty of motorcycle riders who are and aspire to be more than a common street cop and I know a few cops who are stunt riders. To say they had nothing to lose is just ignorant. They all have families and they all have life ambitions and some are even working to achieve them. Owning a motorcycle is not the equivalent of being on a low run of society. I'm an engineer, and I stunt ride. I'm proud I have more to lose than you assume.

Bottom line, both sides are fucked up for doing what they did. Would I be emotional enough to be aggressive towards the driver of the cage if I were in that situation? Maybe, depending on the way things unfolded with my brethren.

A car is not a weapon, the driver clearly used it as one before the riders were aggressive towards him. I have been in situations like this before and they are unpleasant. Difference is that I was in a smaller group and the driver was packing heat. He did pull the gun on us, but before hand he tried to run my crew off the road. We called the cops after chasing him down and at gun point and he was ticketed for his actions. He tried the "I was scared for my life" bit, but really all that was happening was us stopping him from fleeing the scene of the crime after he hit a friend of mine.

Open your eyes and see the whole damned situation, not only the bikers are to blame here. The driver of the Range Rover clearly asked for this treatment. They are all to blame, bikers and drivers alike.
                          the difference is that we form one line and dont shut down a highway. bikers dip/cut through traffic, it doesn't matter if it is hardly ablesons or crotch rockets. ive seen them do it all.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Bill I am not calling bikers the scum of the earth, and I definitely did not say that stunt riders are all to blame.

Did you not see the other video showing them driving head on at cars and weaving in and out of oncomming traffic? Running 10 red lights in a row?

Im sorry you take this personal because you stunt ride, but instead of trying to advocate for this group of assholes, you should put your energy into passing the word along to your PEERS who ride and might find themselves in a similiar situation. I don't ride, so your words will fall on deaf ears.

Im not sure why a few people seem to think that the SUV was the one to initiate or intimidate this group?

You clearly see him driving alone minding his own business and a biker drives in front of him and brake checks him. The only two reasons I can come up with is that either

A) The rr wasn't driving fast enough and the bikers were annoyed with him which is usually why you brake check someone or maybe he was following too close but how can he not when he is surrounded by them....see Wes comment above)

B) That rider brake checked him so he could make room for them to DO STUNTS on the highway, which is clearly illegal and wrong.

Can't see why else he would do it, other then just to be a dick.

I haven't read anything about the RR driving fast, erratic, or being a douche. Just out for a drive with his wife and baby, and from what i've read and can see, he is not the type of guy to drive like that anyway.

So I really do believe he was just driving along and these guys fucked with him and he accidently tapped that guy and the guy fell(which is almost always the case when you're tapped on a bike). Then you look around and they are surrounding your car. So what you going to do? You definitely won't try to reason with them unless they actually appear concerned for their friend and not killing me.

Pull your UZI and shoot 12 or so?

He panicked, and drove off and Im sure he "forgot" that there was anything in front of him because thats what happens when you panic.

After he runs over the bike/r, he pauses for a moment before he actually guns it, because im sure he was in disbelief that he actually ran something over and im sure it broke his heart that he may of just killed someone but now it was too late to turn back, so he fled.

I would have stayed on the highway and called 911 and just stayed until HP showed up.

In the end, a mass ride like this should be responsible. They should notify police so that there is transparency and they don't have to be hassled while out riding.

They should stay in single file line (like we do when we have cb7 meets)

And they should do their very best to not snail traffic.

And "Stunting" should be left for the TRACK. Not parking lots, not open roads, not ANYWHERE where you do not have 100% control over other traffic/pedestrians.

It's just common decency.

And you know what, I know you know all of this already.

So don't feel bad for them. Yes you can feel bad for their families, but they decided to put themselves in this situation. Not us, not the RR, not the public. When you exit your house, you're responsible for every action you take. I understand the one guy was just trying to help his buddy and happend to be standing in front of the RR, but again he chose to ride with a group that was riding on the brink of insanity. That is literally all it takes, 1 sec. 1 sec for a driver to panic, and it's all over. Don't ride with a group that is so dangerous, and you won't have to worry about MV drivers panicking.

I don't know what else to say. Sure they did have something to lose, but they gave it away. The RR dude and his family did not leave the house looking to engage in trouble.
                            Last edited by Ralphie; 10-10-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              Bill, It's just common decency.

And you know what, I know you know all of this already.

So don't feel bad for them. Yes you can feel bad for their families, but they decided to put themselves in this situation. Not us, not the RR, not the public. When you exit your house, you're responsible for every action you take. I understand the one guy was just trying to help his buddy and happend to be standing in front of the RR, but again he chose to ride with a group that was riding on the brink of insanity. That is literally all it takes, 1 sec. 1 sec for a driver to panic, and it's all over. Don't ride with a group that is so dangerous, and you won't have to worry about MV drivers panicking.

I don't know what else to say. Sure they did have something to lose, but they gave it away. The RR dude and his family did not leave the house looking to engage in trouble.

^^^^^

This is pretty much how I feel.

SO, lets just say the RR driver was "pushing" his way through the hundreds of bikes out that day. Is that so wrong? Isn't the RR driver entitled to drive within the limits of the law? Should'nt(aren't may be a better word) the other drivers be required to do the same?

So if traffic jammed up specifically because of the guys slowing down traffic to make space for the stunt riders, who's to blame here? Is anyone trying to suggest that the bike riders have the right to do that?

Is it that unreasonable to want to drive the speed limit or get to your destination at a regular pace and then be irritated by 15mph on the hwy? I mean, I'm sure people just got out of this guys way when it started. There is no way he got all the way surrounded by bikes without some of them allowing him into the pack, and then somewhere along the lines the respect was lost, the bikers stopped getting out of traffics way and people chose to get angry.

The RR driver did not instigate contact with the bike rider. The bike rider slammed on the brake causing the contact. When that happened, the driver stopped and stayed put until the mob mentality set in, and what seemed like 20-30 guys started pounding on the vehicle, slashing tires and just plain out smashing on stuff. SO THEN HE DECIDED TO FLOOR IT.

Its not like the RR driver is responsible for that escelation at all.

I don't personally see how the RR driver had many other options at that point if he was genuinely interested in protecting himself or his family. I mean, he did the right thing when the accident(that he didn't cause) happened. The mob mentality DID SET IN.

And, from that point forward, how anyone places blame on the RR driver for anything is just beyond me. After he plowed through the crowd in a desperate attempt to save himself and his family, he was ruthlessly chased through town while being threatened and surrounded by dozens of grown angry men beating on his vehicle and trying to pull him out at any chance.

I have 0 sympathy for the bike riders and a lot of compassion for the RR driver. I cannot, for the life of me, emphasize enough, that if I was in the same situation, I would've made things a lot worse.

Sure, I don't carry an uzi. But, In my mind, the terror you would feel in the situation once you were trapped and you knew it-I think you would shoot at least one person and try and take control of the situation. I would. I know I would. I can't imagine the fear and anguish that guy is living with right now as a result of this.

And just like Ralphie said. When the bikers set out that day, they knew they were going to break the law, act stupid and careless and be genuinely offensive to the general public.

The RR driver was just leaving a nice dinner, celebrating his wedding anniversary with his wife and kid.

what a fucking embarresment to our country. Its a shame that by simple definition people like these bike riders and just as "American" as me or anyone else and is entitled to the same rights.

Its simply a matter of common decency and respect for others. Well I guess really, its the lack there of.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

It is amazing that anyone can think the range rover driver is in the wrong. Thugs surround and force a vehicle to stop, them block them in is inprisonment. I am sure the off duty officer was armed, and probably alot the other criminals were also. You intentionally block someone and prevent from moving is an assualt and the range rover had everyright to defend himself.

I am sure there would be plenty more video out if the bikers did nothing wrong.

I can see this turning into a race thing with that ambulance chaser gloria a-something representing one of the criminals.
                                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X