Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to refresh this site. We need some new ideas, and some new moderators!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have always thought that the fb group should be added by condition of membership on the forum only.
    It provides "cred" to your opinion.
    Also, it is important to remember (because over 30) that in a world of "instant" a forum is slow. I think the correct course would to be monopolize on the social media to drive people here- where relationships can grow.
    The nature of fb, with the speed it moves make it an inappropriate place for good help anyway. It is better for the light convo, and sharing pics. The forum is just as good- but because it doesn't "notify" and "share" broadly, it is falling in popularity. It retains its popularity when it comes to sharing between people who desire relationships with people of a similar interest.

    TL;DR
    We should use the social to funnel traffic here. This is where the quality relationships and knowledge base are.
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

    That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

    Comment


      Originally posted by LadyG View Post
      I have always thought that the fb group should be added by condition of membership on the forum only.
      It provides "cred" to your opinion.
      Also, it is important to remember (because over 30) that in a world of "instant" a forum is slow. I think the correct course would to be monopolize on the social media to drive people here- where relationships can grow.
      The nature of fb, with the speed it moves make it an inappropriate place for good help anyway. It is better for the light convo, and sharing pics. The forum is just as good- but because it doesn't "notify" and "share" broadly, it is falling in popularity. It retains its popularity when it comes to sharing between people who desire relationships with people of a similar interest.

      TL;DR
      We should use the social to funnel traffic here. This is where the quality relationships and knowledge base are.
      Well said, and that's become the plan... as infuriating as it may be!






      Comment


        Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Well said, and that's become the plan... as infuriating as it may be!
        I've been standing by for the green light on this for some time now. However I need some serious Staff Members to assist me on this so that it is done within a timely manner. Otherwise it will take forever to finish.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

        Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

        Comment


          I'm not sure I want to alienate anyone by kicking them out of the group if they're not members here, but I feel we should start screening new members as they join.






          Comment


            I don't believe it would be alienating so much as promoting forum membership. My plan was to pin a post for a month and then start "The Purge". At that point any person who doesn't want to be a forum member is just personally choosing not to be an active contributor to this community as a whole.

            To be honest, there are a lot of people in there that I think would choose the latter and we would be better for it as they are of very little character. The more "free reign" we allow on the FB group the more "damage" we cause to the forum. I'm for picking the lesser of two evils.
            Last edited by Joey GT-R; 04-22-2014, 06:40 PM.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

            Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

            Comment


              I have to agree with Joey ...

              I mean are we going to take back this fucking group or what.

              It causes so much headache. I would be down to help out where I can over on Fb. Whatever needs done, im down.

              I think giving a months notice is fine, you don't have to post here, but you should at least register. Then down the road, if they contribute nothing here and mouth off over there, just boot them.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                I have to agree with Joey ...

                I mean are we going to take back this fucking group or what.

                It causes so much headache. I would be down to help out where I can over on Fb. Whatever needs done, im down.

                I think giving a months notice is fine, you don't have to post here, but you should at least register. Then down the road, if they contribute nothing here and mouth off over there, just boot them.
                YES YES YES.


                I made a post on the fb page a few weeks ago, asking why people post there and never even register or post on the forum. The top 3 answers out of 100+ posts were #1- They can get immediate answers on fb, and not here. #2- They posted here, and got a "dick" response/answer. #3- The facebook page is more convenient as the forum does not have an app.
                Last edited by JDMchristian991; 04-22-2014, 07:42 PM.

                spoonsportsaddict

                Comment


                  yes totally agree, we need to take back the FB group....I stopped going there because some really stupid stuff was going on......I know I am not a mod/staff member, but if you need help on FB I can help out.
                  1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                  1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                  1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                    I made a post on the fb page a few weeks ago, asking why people post there and never even register or post on the forum. The top 3 answers out of 100+ posts were #1- They can get immediate answers on fb, and not here. #2- They posted here, and got a "dick" response/answer. #3- The facebook page is more convenient as the forum does not have an app.
                    #1 A wise proverb that these people need to learn is 'good, fast, cheap pick any two.'

                    If it is good and cheap you won't get it fast; if it is fast and cheap, it probably isn't any good; if it is good, and fast, it won't be cheap.

                    #2 The cost of getting a good reply on the board fast? Write a coherent post with relevant subject, the more descriptive the better, and it is free.

                    #3 Have Deev start a crowdfund or equivalent to see about getting an 'app'; I understand it, some people have small screens and fat fingers.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

                    Comment


                      I didn't get a chance to go through every post, but I did read the first few.

                      I would love to be involved, it's just work and life has made me become a drop by a few times a week member. With that being said, I am kind of out of the loop.

                      Hopefully, this July when my CB is back up and running, I can contribute much more and become active again. I still have tons of love for this community.
                      The Lord watches over me!

                      "...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

                      - So Raspy

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        #1 A wise proverb that these people need to learn is 'good, fast, cheap pick any two.'

                        If it is good and cheap you won't get it fast; if it is fast and cheap, it probably isn't any good; if it is good, and fast, it won't be cheap.

                        #2 The cost of getting a good reply on the board fast? Write a coherent post with relevant subject, the more descriptive the better, and it is free.

                        #3 Have Deev start a crowdfund or equivalent to see about getting an 'app'; I understand it, some people have small screens and fat fingers.
                        Thats what i said. There really is a whole lot of stupid on that page and most dont care if the answer they get is right or not.

                        spoonsportsaddict

                        Comment


                          Dead thread yup! But seriously this site should be five sections by now.
                          1. Cb7
                          2. Cb7 performance
                          3. Other hondas
                          4. Other vehicles
                          5. Off topic
                          We have a great collection of minds and existing information. I have been lurking this site since the beginning until now. I have spent time posting and watching like many others. The cb is old. This site reflects that too much when it takes me 30 mins just to find all the new post. I don't even ever find all of them, sometimes I check other automotive to see really cool stuff happening. I think less could be more at this time.
                          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

                          Comment


                            You do know there is a tab at the very top right below the advertisement banner that says "New Posts" right? That way it shows you all new threads, posts that occurred since the last time you logged in.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

                            Comment


                              Did not notice it before cause I do not internet well. I thought it was a good idea. I thought it was a great idea .Then I read my post more, sounds mean and ignorant because of they way I said it and I'm less confident it would work.
                              Last edited by cb7 calling; 02-07-2018, 06:30 AM.
                              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

                              Comment


                                This place needs a software upgrade. For example, I upload my photos to Imgur at full size (6000x4000). When I post the links here they are shown full size. Every other forum I'm on automatically resizes them.


                                Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X