No announcement yet.

Dropped or Slammed TSX pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe you just don't want to mess with a swap, so you buy a car that suits your tastes.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Or buy something that you can swap a JZ into.

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        ok. my main point right now is that BMWs arent a car i would even consider above the TSX. all because of the cost of stuff. id rather (like Rusty said) replace my own brake pads and rotors instead of having a BMW and paying the dealership $1k to do it for me.

if i want performance, i can build the TSX up for it. thats my reason for being the in the turner world. being able to work on the car myself and modify it to learn more about the car and how to do things. taking it to a dealer every time the "check engine" light comes on and spending $500 just for them to hook it up to find out whats wrong is in no way, shape, or form like i want my car to be.

oh and PS:
        this car is sex
        You seem to be back pedalling.

Also, having actually worked on BMW's, there is nothing you can do on a new Acura with common tools that you can't do on a Bimmer.

I personally like Acura for a lot of reasons, but Bimmers aren't bad cars.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          Or maybe you just don't want to mess with a swap, so you buy a car that suits your tastes.

lol. not really. its just that everyone does swaps now. every time i turn around its an H22 in a civic, a K20 in a Integra, a H22 in an accord. sure a TSX is still an accord but i want to move up when it comes to cars. a new model so to speak.

Originally posted by Dv8 View Post

What?

lmao. are you talking about an SC400 my friend?

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          You seem to be back pedalling.

Also, having actually worked on BMW's, there is nothing you can do on a new Acura with common tools that you can't do on a Bimmer.

I personally like Acura for a lot of reasons, but Bimmers aren't bad cars.

well im not experienced in working on BMWs so i wouldnt know. i worked on my friends BMW one time and that was just to change the brakes and i hated it. i dont want to have a car that HATE working on. then theres no point for me to have a car.

when i think about buying a car or when i buy one, i make sure im able to work on it. it saves time and money. if i put it in the shop i have to wait for it to be done because other cars are ahead of mine. then i have to go pick it up. then i have to pay money for something i could have fixed myself. shops around here arent all that trust worthy. they'll tell you its something that cost like $300 and actuality it cost $75-$100. i know they have to make their money but why lie to a customer thats doing you a favor by picking your shop to come to?

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
            psssh

TL's are better.

PHENOM knows whats up.
            I know right..
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Negative. The 1UZ is a fucking awesome motor. All it needs is a 5 speed behind it and a supercharger. And boy, watch out. Any Lexus model with the UZ should keep the motor. 300's on the other hand. Yard that shit out. 1.5J IN.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8 View Post

What?
                Wat?
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  Who gives a F about speed in a TSX?? You think the owners give a rats A about how fast their car is? This whole hype about speed is rediculous. People who buy TSX's buy them for the ride, comfort, and looks. Not to take it to a track and see how fast the 200 horses will get them down to the end.
                  While I can understand that, generally speaking I don't enjoy cars that are slower than low 15s in the quarter mile.

The TSX is awesome, very tight body, great looking and luxurious. But it just doesn't have the oomph I need. If it was like 300-400# lighter or RWD it would be great.

It's a great DD though, and with the K it has a lot of potential. But it's like the BB6 in that it has all the right parts & looks, but not the blistering performance you'd associate w/a DOHC VTEC car.

I'd love for my GF to have one.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    While I can understand that, generally speaking I don't enjoy cars that are slower than low 15s in the quarter mile.

The TSX is awesome, very tight body, great looking and luxurious. But it just doesn't have the oomph I need. If it was like 300-400# lighter or RWD it would be great.

It's a great DD though, and with the K it has a lot of potential. But it's like the BB6 in that it has all the right parts & looks, but not the blistering performance you'd associate w/a DOHC VTEC car.

I'd love for my GF to have one.
                    Blistering performance?
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

lol. not really. its just that everyone does swaps now. every time i turn around its an H22 in a civic, a K20 in a Integra, a H22 in an accord. sure a TSX is still an accord but i want to move up when it comes to cars. a new model so to speak.

well im not experienced in working on BMWs so i wouldnt know. i worked on my friends BMW one time and that was just to change the brakes and i hated it. i dont want to have a car that HATE working on. then theres no point for me to have a car.

when i think about buying a car or when i buy one, i make sure im able to work on it. it saves time and money. if i put it in the shop i have to wait for it to be done because other cars are ahead of mine. then i have to go pick it up. then i have to pay money for something i could have fixed myself. shops around here arent all that trust worthy. they'll tell you its something that cost like $300 and actuality it cost $75-$100. i know they have to make their money but why lie to a customer thats doing you a favor by picking your shop to come to?
                      They are slightly different, not majorly.

The rear pads and front pads both use a floating caliper design, and the ONLY major difference is that most Bimmers have a pad sensor to tell you when you need pads. I don't see how you could hate working on something that is almost identical, and then love working on Hondas. As for the rotors, that stuff is no big deal either. Slightly different, but same basic principle. Besides, it isn't like it is fun changing the HOR brakes on an Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                        Blistering performance?
                        Maybe not blistering... a 15 sec car is not 'fast', but it's quick. The TSX is like a high 15 second car.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thanx. no wonder no results showed up for it when i typed in google '03 TSX. lmao.

but it kinda will be unique because i dont see very many tuners buying those. taking the motors out of them yeah. lol. but not buying and modding the car.

thanx man. ill take a look at that now.

the TL to me is like the Mercedes of Acura. for the old folks. lol. the TSX is more for (IMO) the younger generation.

and try to see if you'll beat my meet i had earlier this year. 50 cars. and that was just cb7s that doesnt include the other 25-50 that were other types

The TL is sexy, ima post dropped tl pics just to show u how sexy it can be muahahaha!
                          2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

Best looking TL ive ever seen. Deff not a old folks car.
                            2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Comment

been to the facility this car was sitting at and man. they offer alot of nice stuff.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

That wheel fitment on that TL is terrible. Seriously, wheels are an extremely crucial part of a cars looks. I dont understand why people think sunk wheels look good.

And I thought this was a TSX thread? I think I'll actually make a contribution...

Comment

Working...
                                X