SMseagren83 : 2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX-MR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
    god damn its good to see you putting that knowledge to use. college boy.

Fuck you too.

Sean, new photoshoot. Go!
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
      Damn son, looking good.
      tanks old fart! we need to get together soon...food n shoot! i havent washed my car is 4 months

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post

Sean, new photoshoot. Go!
      are you setting this up and bringing the camera and car rigs???? IF so....lemme know when!
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83 View Post
        tanks old fart! we need to get together soon...food n shoot! i havent washed my car is 4 months

are you setting this up and bringing the camera and car rigs???? IF so....lemme know when!
        My car still isn't running? Want to trace all of the wiring from my first fuel injector back through my main harness? Because that's all I can conclude is keeping the damn thing from pulling smooth.

When my car runs I'm down. And I want to race gage.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Got some parts installed....

Here are a couple pictures of a couple parts installed over the past couple nights.

Beatrush front engine roll stopper and 5pt lower support brace. I havent installed the front lower control arm braces just yet. ill post pics as i upload/edit them.

comparison picture

installed pics

holy smokes does the front engine roll stopper make a difference. As soon as i turned the key over the engine note is different, movement is almost non-existent. Driving around there is quite a bit of low rpm vibration around 1000-1300rpm. I can hear the propellar shaft whirring away, along with the t-case. Drivetrain noise and vibration has noticeably increased but it isnt horrible.

On the plus side...throttle reponse is awesome, no off throttle bucking, shifting is smooth and precise.

i need to pick up the propellar shaft solid bushings (as they are supposed to reduce play/vibrations in drivetrain) and the rear diff bushings, before i decide if i wanna keep the front engine roll stopper or not. Its a bit rough for DD and my taste. The car is already raw enough and full of noise and vibrations. lol
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

nice little mod man. looks good. glad you got a gain from all that work. lol. more pics of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
              nice little mod man. looks good. glad you got a gain from all that work. lol. more pics of the car.
              yeah, its funny how a small mod like that can make such a difference in the overall driveability of the car.

i ordered the propellar shaft solid bushings today, so we shall see if it will smooth out a bit (from my readings, it helps a lot).

Comment

Looks great.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I ordered full AVID race mounts and an AMS rear mustache bar eliminator kit. Couple w/ an exedy twin disc I'm sure vibration and noise is going to wonderful as the car is already ridiculous as it sits. lol
                  Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

yeah, thats hardcore stuff and for my needs my car has no use for those items. just DD/autox/mtn runs...so comfy driveability is still a want on some level. My gf already hates the ride/noise

the exedy twin is actually a really nice piece. i rode in a evo8 with one recently and its pretty smooth for a twin. Doesnt make too much noise either. The triple disk is another story.

That ams kit is gonna make all sorts of drivetrain noise for you! lmao! best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83 View Post
                      yeah, thats hardcore stuff and for my needs my car has no use for those items. just DD/autox/mtn runs...so comfy driveability is still a want on some level. My gf already hates the ride/noise

the exedy twin is actually a really nice piece. i rode in a evo8 with one recently and its pretty smooth for a twin. Doesnt make too much noise either. The triple disk is another story.

That ams kit is gonna make all sorts of drivetrain noise for you! lmao! best of luck!
                      lol. dag. stuff like that makes more noise? well that sucks if you want to mod the car more.

Comment

I have ridden in this car.
                        I must say makes me want one!
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          I have ridden in this car.
                          I must say makes me want one!
                          lmao! ....and that was stock.

wait til mid Feb!!

Comment

lil update:

Well, its time yet again to change out my transfer case and rear diff on the car fluids. When doing the clutch i realized just how much i HATE and how much of a pain it is to move 75w90 oil through a hand pump.

Its also a pain to have the bottle under the car with you, a drain pan, and pump in hand while on ur back on the floor of a garage. So today i picked up a few things@ autozone& Lowes.... and with a little heat i made this

...let gravity fill the damn t-case and trans!

even has a open/shut valve towards the top

and i just realized there is an AMSOIL distributor 3 blocks from work, and they were nice enough to give me wholesale pricing on anything i need. SWEETNESS!

so im now using AMSOIL MTG 75w90 gl4 for the tranny (trying to get rid of notchy 2nd gear cold starts)

and 75w90 gl5 Severe Gear lube for the t-case and rear diff!

and a very minor part showed up today. lmao my new Beatrush license plate bracket. im gonna pick up major WHP/TQ since i shaved off .5lbs
                            Last edited by SMseagren83; 01-20-2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

LOL i like how the beer/oil bong turned out
                              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                              Project 240SX
                              Originally posted by chillin943
                              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                                LOL i like how the beer/oil bong turned out
                                hahaha!! oil bong...yes. its gonna make my life just a little easier. you know how thick 75w90 gear oil is!!

i wish i got off work around 4-430. getting home at 630pm just doesnt leave me enough time to work on the car. soo much shit to install and do.

PS- why are t-bolt clamps so expensive! fawk i need 4 more! Car needs some fresh iridium spark plugs. its not easy to find good deals on NGK iridium (one step colder) plugs with a 26.5 reach!

Comment

Working...
                                X