No announcement yet.

Ronald_Type-R : 1993 Honda Prelude SR-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude... you're like the version of me where all my dreams have come true. Building an everyday project car (and in good time!) that ends up with enough talent to probably earn the right to at least be mentioned in the same breath as Ferrari or Lotus, and you're driving twisty-road royalty on the side! Have you driven a Noble yet, though? I would kill to experience an M400 on a road course .

Anyway good luck with the build, I'm more than interested in what the end product is capable of .

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by jdm****** View Post
      loving the progress on this thing Ronald. Are you going to keep the willwood brake kit on this baby?
      Thanks bro, trying really hard to get this project running and driveable asap! And I won't be running the Wilwoods on this one..Way too overkill! At least not the setup off my CB, with the 12.76" rotors..This car will be a good 300-400lbs lighter than the CB, so I'll be sticking with 11.2" rotors for now, possibly matched with Spoon Twinblock calipers, just so I can stick with 16" wheels..All for weight purposes I did find a Wilwood setup with 12" rotors, I MIGHT run those if I haven't run out of money by the time this car is at 90% done haha..

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Dude... you're like the version of me where all my dreams have come true. Building an everyday project car (and in good time!) that ends up with enough talent to probably earn the right to at least be mentioned in the same breath as Ferrari or Lotus, and you're driving twisty-road royalty on the side! Have you driven a Noble yet, though? I would kill to experience an M400 on a road course .

Anyway good luck with the build, I'm more than interested in what the end product is capable of .
      Haha thanks, I'm excited to see what the end result would be for this car as well..Looking forward to the day I finish putting everything together on this chassis

And no, no Noble M400 around here..No one ever really asked about it!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

How much for that red Ferrari Extinguisher. I need something to make my acura look fast or to beat people with when they piss me off.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

haha. that Ferrari was the one i saw on Top Gear. CF everywhere. lol. said that Lamborghini and other companies tried to hide where they had weight savings. but Ferrari was the one who "built the car and then the makers went to have coffee." lmao. left the interior bare and all. no stereo. no navigation system. just empty space. lol.

i cant wait to see how this turns out Ronald. i loved your CB. and seeing this thread makes me want to go get my MKII and get to work on that. haha.

Comment

Can't wait to see this at the next meet
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

nice progress bro.ive always wanted one of these

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                How much for that red Ferrari Extinguisher. I need something to make my acura look fast or to beat people with when they piss me off.
                Haha I believe it is a $6,000 option for that "OEM" fire extinguisher..Can't remember the exact number, but I know the carbon steering wheel with the LED shift light is a $10,000 option, so I'm sure it's some crazy number up there

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                haha. that Ferrari was the one i saw on Top Gear. CF everywhere. lol. said that Lamborghini and other companies tried to hide where they had weight savings. but Ferrari was the one who "built the car and then the makers went to have coffee." lmao. left the interior bare and all. no stereo. no navigation system. just empty space. lol.

i cant wait to see how this turns out Ronald. i loved your CB. and seeing this thread makes me want to go get my MKII and get to work on that. haha.
                Haha yup! Sounds about right..Lambo LP670-4 SV and the SLR 722s is similar as well, bare carbon fiber all over the car (floor, door panels, etc.)..But Scuderia is the one car where they literally leave the chassis naked in the interior and cover it with nothing but floor mats lol..

Thanks bro, I'm making a slow progress, but hope it will be worth it in the end!

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                Can't wait to see this at the next meet
                Hope it will be ready by then!!!

Originally posted by luckyflip View Post
                nice progress bro.ive always wanted one of these
                Thanks man..You should get one! These are going for cheap these days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, some dry ice action!! Bought 35lbs of dry ice over the weekend, and got to work right away before my $40 vaporized...Literally!

I thought this dry ice thing was amazing..Less than a minute on top of the sound deadening material, and the tar literally froze, cracked, and detached itself from the chassis!

Before..

During..

After!

Back seat area..

First stage..

Trunk area after 1st stage..

After cleaning, almost ready for paint..

After 1st stage..

2nd stage, almost ready to paint!

That's all the update for now guys..Just had fun with some dry ice over the weekend I got to clean almost all the areas, except the floor underneath the dashboard, both driver's and passenger's side, as it was getting dark. Once everything is clean and good to go, I'll be painting it the same Milano Red as the rest of the chassis, throw in a set of OEM floormats, and good to go!

Overall, the bag where I collected all the sound deadening material pieces ended up being heavier than the 35lbs of dry ice! Definitely heavier than the OEM spare tire..I don't have a scale big enough to weigh the bag, but I know it's definitely heavier than the 35lbs bag of dry ice, so I think it's safe to say I shaved 40lbs off the chassis by doing this process...Not too too bad, every bit counts!

More updates soon guys!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Oh nice Ron. So are you respraying the whole car or just the parts where the sound deadening used to be.

Henry
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Nice bro!!!!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

can't wait to see the re-painted interior!
                      -My Member Ride thread-
                      -JL store-

Comment

Does the ice remove the paint or something? Im confused!
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Looks good Ronald! I'll be stripping this crap out of mine in the near future as well. I have to find a place that will sell me dry ice.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Excellent progress Ronald!

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                            Does the ice remove the paint or something? Im confused!
                            It removes the sound deadening material, which is painted.

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            I have to find a place that will sell me dry ice.
                            http://www.dryicedirectory.com/usa.htm
                            Last edited by JoshM; 02-10-2011, 02:06 PM.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              Looks good Ronald! I'll be stripping this crap out of mine in the near future as well. I have to find a place that will sell me dry ice.
                              wal-mart sells it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I love you
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X