Ronald_Type-R : 1993 Honda Prelude SR-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    It removes the sound deadening material, which is painted.
    Oh ok. So I guess removing the sound deadening material makes the car lighter?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
      Oh nice Ron. So are you respraying the whole car or just the parts where the sound deadening used to be.

Henry
      For now, I will only be re-spraying the interior, specifically the bare parts where the sound deadening used to be haha...Paintjob will come next year, when the H22 is out to be built, and engine bay is empty

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
      Nice bro!!!!
      Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
      can't wait to see the re-painted interior!
      Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      Excellent progress Ronald!
      Thanks guys!

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Looks good Ronald! I'll be stripping this crap out of mine in the near future as well. I have to find a place that will sell me dry ice.
      Yeah bro, definitely get some dry ice! Makes this process MUCH easier..With my BA Lude last time, I used a chisel and a hammer..Took me a LONG time to get the same process done, and it was super messy, and the final result definitely didn't look this pretty!

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Oh ok. So I guess removing the sound deadening material makes the car lighter?
      Yup! Like I said above, in total, I shaved a good 40lbs off the chassis by doing this process

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Excellent man. Yes, keep taking pics

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Wow that came out great with the dry ice process!!

Comment

Wow Ronald, great job on taking the sound deading crap out.
            I wish I had the knowledge to build a car ground up like this!
            Current:
            2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
            1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
            1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I have no freaking idea how i missed this thread but im super excited to see more progress and the finished product
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Excellent man. Yes, keep taking pics
                Will do bro, thanks

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                Wow that came out great with the dry ice process!!
                Sure did! I was very pleased with how much easier it was to get rid of the sound deadening material using dry ice as opposed to a hammer and a chisel

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                Wow Ronald, great job on taking the sound deading crap out.
                I wish I had the knowledge to build a car ground up like this!
                Thanks man! And I'm sure if you do a proper research, you can build anything you want. Plenty of info you can find over the internet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my Chargespeed Front Lip finally arrived

Please ignore the misaligned headlight, etc..Everything is a little loose and not mounted properly..They will be fixed at the bodyshop once the footwork is done

Test-fitting the Chargespeed front lip + Value Sports side skirts...

These things are a LOT bigger than I thought! Still undecided on rear lip as of now..But the important thing is that the front lip and the side skirts somewhat flows together..The front lip doesn't sit higher than the sideskirts, which is a very good thing! That has always been one of my pet peeves

Moving on! Cleaned up the interior some more, and sprayed a first coat of paint on the bare metal where the sound deadening material used to be!

I'll be finishing up the interior floor tomorrow (Another coat of paint or two), and after that's done, I'll throw the OEM floormats on, and the process will be completed After that comes battery relocation, and I still have to fix the messy ECU pin-out wiring!

It's getting there guys Slowly but surely! I copped a Forbidden Short Shifter and a set of AEM Pullies off a local Prelude guys last week as well..The Parts Collection continues!

I'll keep you guys updated Thanks for looking!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

looking good bro. cant wait until its drop with new wheels

Comment

looks good ronald, and will look really good with some floormats and racing buckets. did you clean up all the remnants of the sound deadening goo, or did you just spray over it?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm loving the progress on this lude. Do you have any updates for the Land Cruiser?

Comment

Looks great with some fresh paint man! I like the body kit too, haven't seen one much like that before. I kind of want to repaint the inside of mine too after removing the tar, but they don't make perfect match phoenix red, and I'm eventually repainting. Might do it anyways to keep rust away.

I wish I was able to work on mine this much!
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You never cease to amaze.

I tried searching for this gen Prelude for a bit before I fixed the rust on my Accord but never found one that met my standards (ie no rust). I always wanted to make a custom set of vents that sit next to the headlights and remove that center bar.

Do you plan on keeping the car red?

Comment

This makes me want a lude, bad.

Any plans to seal off the trunk area? I think a bit of sheet in there would set it off nicely.

Comment

Wait a minute are those pictures from the fall or something? Because you have no snow and there is green grass and shit, and your in Vancouver! Mystery!
                              Current:
                              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Haha thats Vancouver weather for you! Nothing but green grass and sunny days for us in February

Ronald! Glad you are back, i dont know how i missed this thread for so long. Car is looking good, cant wait to see what you got in store Photoshoot this summer? :P
                                1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Working...
                                X