No announcement yet.

Big Midwest Met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company here in st louis does security for several hotels so I might be able to get a good group rate.
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
      Kansas City There used to be quite a few of us around the KC area, still are quite a few, although some are lurkers. lol

If not KC I would have to say St. Louis.
      KC is way too far west. You'd be adding 2 to 3 hours onto the majority of the participants' drive time.

And about people saying they need more money to go to STL, that may be true, but considering the nature of the city compared to Chicago, I think a hotel will be cheaper in STL, plus we have some of the cheapest gas in the country right now because the owners love price wars.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well i never been to STL but i thought there be more to see and do in chicago. plus we have quite a bit of members there.

Comment

im down for w/e
          just give me a date and the city
          so i can get some money stored away

Comment

CHI is just over 6 hours for me. The best and probably ony way, for me to do this would be to leave fri night after work. Id get in around midnight, grab a hotel, and be good the next morning. Do the meet and probably stay all day Sat and leave sunday AM.

A thought i just had...anyone in my area who, i would hope would be down for cruising together...we could all get rooms at the same hotel. Might even be cheaper to share rooms..... (Hope i dont have to say "no homo")

Mike, anyone besides you? Itd be nice to see Faheem and Omar and all those guys come to this. Or any meet(Mid-MO; Dec 27th)

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

that would be the samefor me but its a 3hr drive
              and if anyone in the quad city/tri state or anywhere in iowa whats to cruize together
              we can arange somthing

Comment

We need to find members who actually live **--**IN**--** Chicago....

Or very closeby.

We need a meet location; cruise route; food; hang out, etc.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

verytrue...because this needstobe down to a point so were not fucking lost

Comment

Is there a list of everyone that is interested and where they are located? I think that might make the location search easier if we know where interested people are coming from. There is no point in staring at a map of the midwest and including everywher from far northwestern North Dakota unless there is someone considering making the trek from there. Same with how far east will anyone possibly be coming from?

My reasoning for pointing out STL was, when many people think of the "Midwest" besides corn fields and cattle, the Arch comes to mind for most. Pictures with the CB's near the arch would immediatly make people think Midwest. Also with it being located toward the southern edge, we might be able to tap into the TN crew and other southeast/eastern states CB populations. STL is easily accessable by highways from just about every direction too.

Might not hurt to talk to one of the mods about throwing up something for an "Almost National Meet" in the Off Topic forum. Open it to anyone willing to make the drive, see where the interest is with that. Of course we would have to find a location that at least one person knows well and there are the obvious places (hotels/motels, resturaunts, picture locations, etc.).

I am just thinking out loud though.

Comment

DUBUQUE,IA...where i am at

Comment

There's no point in deciding specifics on what to do until we have a city picked for sure.

Also, I agree with what madspleen said above.

Plus, there's a separate thread going for a Chicago meet if you all haven't noticed, so having a meet there would be counter-productive, as the people that would rather have this meet in Chicago can just go to that Chicago meet.

Comment

STL is still too south imo, its pretty much out of everyone's way.
                          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            There's no point in deciding specifics on what to do until we have a city picked for sure.

Also, I agree with what madspleen said above.
                            Which part did you agree with? You lost me.. I'm roughly throwing together a half assed map with red dots on it of where (approximatly) people that have posted in this thread are located...

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                              My reasoning for pointing out STL was, when many people think of the "Midwest" besides corn fields and cattle, the Arch comes to mind for most. Pictures with the CB's near the arch would immediatly make people think Midwest. Also with it being located toward the southern edge, we might be able to tap into the TN crew and other southeast/eastern states CB populations. STL is easily accessable by highways from just about every direction too.
                              I agree with that part, sorry.

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                              STL is still too south imo, its pretty much out of everyone's way.
                              Not really, thats easy to say as you live in Chicago. I could say the same about Chicago since I live in STL.

Comment

so how many meets are there
                                i thought there was one meet for the mid west
                                and we are trying to decide on chi town or fucking stl?
                                and we havent even decide on a date
                                im down for this thing but we need to get our shit in gear and decide

Comment

Working...
                                X