Saturday Nights in Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
    What do you have to do??? like how do you get on. I want to do that, sounds kinda easy, and I can take out my anger on those assholes
    I got the interview through 2 friends of mine, one of which I went to HS with, that have both worked there for several years. The one I went to HS with, Chris, is in the process of being hired by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.

Basically the job is just keeping things under control in the Intake and Booking Module (a.k.a. "IBM," the first stop on your trip through the Johnson County ADC). Right after you get arrested this is where you go. Majority of it is the simple stuff like getting prisoner information (name, DOB, height, weight, etc.), Fingerprinting and pictures. And of course the midnight shift gets to deal with a good deal of intoxicated people (drugs, alcohol, etc.).. "IBM" Officers are also the ones that fill in for Officers in other Modules that call in sick or get injured, and are also the first responding back-up for any violence in other Modules.

You willing to go back to school Nicole? I know they are trying to hire people that either have a degree in Administration of Justice or are ADMJ students at the College level. I have heard that if the "IBM" positions are filled before I am hired then the womens modules are next to be filled.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
      I got the interview through 2 friends of mine, one of which I went to HS with, that have both worked there for several years. The one I went to HS with, Chris, is in the process of being hired by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.

Basically the job is just keeping things under control in the Intake and Booking Module (a.k.a. "IBM," the first stop on your trip through the Johnson County ADC). Right after you get arrested this is where you go. Majority of it is the simple stuff like getting prisoner information (name, DOB, height, weight, etc.), Fingerprinting and pictures. And of course the midnight shift gets to deal with a good deal of intoxicated people (drugs, alcohol, etc.).. "IBM" Officers are also the ones that fill in for Officers in other Modules that call in sick or get injured, and are also the first responding back-up for any violence in other Modules.

You willing to go back to school Nicole? I know they are trying to hire people that either have a degree in Administration of Justice or are ADMJ students at the College level. I have heard that if the "IBM" positions are filled before I am hired then the womens modules are next to be filled.

I actually want to go back to school. I want to go to college I would just have to figure out a schedual to be on

Nicole
      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

www.jccc.net Spring classes are enrolling now. I am all registered. 12 credit hours of Administration of Justice classes and all in the evening.

Comment

I've been working on the garage, trying to get it ready to tear down the car even further.... I'll post pics when it's all done, but I added some storage space in an effort to better organize all the shit.

I leave for Seattle Monday, so that should be a nice little trip. Goin up there on buisness, be back sometime next weekend. Motor should be out shortly there after. That's about all I have left to tear down other than gutting it to put in the cage. I think I figured out how to run the cage without losing any interior space too, but I guess I'll know for sure once I get tubing bent and welded in..

- Rob -
          92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

Who is doing the cage for you? That is one of my dreams to have a cage. lol. Sounds like things are really coming along Rob

Comment

I'll be doing it myself as soon as I pick up a TIG welder. Like I've said, I've got the layout in mind, just gotta do some measurin and go get the damn metal, lol.

- Rob -
              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
              85 Toyota 4Runner
              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
              2008 HD 1200N
              2009 HD 883N

Comment

Well, the weather man exaggerated about the ice storm. Roads are mostly wet not slick.

Comment

Not surprising really. They have a tendency to get over excited about a storm. Up north from about KCI to the Iowa border sounds like they got the blunt of it.

My dad works up near KCI (Weston, MO) and they shut down today because of the storm. They had an employee that worked in the bottling plant this past january that was killed on her way to work during the ice storm after her car slid into the path of a snow plow. They arent taking any chances after losing one employee. No one had to come in not even to people in the Office like my dad is.

I was kind of hoping that JCCC wouldn't cancel. I was able to get my Automotive Electrical Systems final out of the way yesterday. I was supposed to have my last 2 finals today and then I would have been done until January. It's not bad though, now my hardest final (Intro to Administration of Justice) is online, meaning I can use my books, and I will just have to go back on Thursday afternoon for my Automotive Steering and Suspension final which I already have the questions to, just have to finish answering them, then go in and fill out a scantron.

Comment

Hey guys, I was thinking of setting up a meet for the spring. Like a big meet, so that all of the KS and all of the MO people can all join in. I was thinking maybe in KC MO. And do a cruise all around kc or somthing. I want to meet all the people from mo that i havent met. I know there is a guy on KCSR that is coming up for xmas, and is buyin some parts off me, he has a 91. So Imma talk to him see if he wants to join us. and The guy from rolla mo, and the wichita crew, and everywhere else.

I need to find a date, and things to do, and stuff like that. If anyone wants to help me let me know. Or I can do it all myself, I am ok with that

Nicole
                    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

I would volunteer to help you Nicole BUT, I am going to have a busy sememster this spring. I just finished up this semester, so I am done until January.

That March 31st meet this past March wasn't bad. It was open to anything but had a very good turnout, the weather wasn't too bad, just a little chilly and windy. I would suggest around the end of March just so the weather will be starting to improve and everyone is bringing their summer cars out of hibernation.

I just don't know how much free time I will have towards the end of March into April. I am starting to prepare for my Criminal Justice Frat's National Conference here in KC, which is April 6-11. I know I have a lot of work to do at the gun range, track and gym if I am going to compete. I should know more by the middle or end of January at the latest. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Its starting to look like my CB is going up for sale... The salvage title and all its slavage problems have struck my final nerve. I would love to find another CB. Who knows what my next car will be, something cheap, reliable, with a clean title.. Hopefully I can find another CB.. Who knows though. Later

Comment

Happy New Year KC Crew.

Comment

Happy new year mike. How is everyone in KC. I hear the weather is kinda nasty and cold. It is so pretty and nice here Is anyone going to follow us out to tn to come to the tn meet on jan 26th we are leaving on jan 24th and heading out. Let me know. Its not that bad of a drive. But if you want to come, just have about 300 bucks for the whole trip!

Nicole

Nicole
                            MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Been pretty quiet around KC lately. Cold weather has been keeping everyone in I guess. This weekend is supposed to be nice, 50's-low 60's. I have a little work planned for the CB tomorrow and then hopefully a trip to the junkyard.

I'm kind of holding off on taking many pictures for now. My computer's external harddrive crashed the other day. My dad's IT guy hasn't got back to us about it. That's where all my millions of car pictures are.

Comment

Well, if you guys haven't noticed as yet, KCSR is closed.

I was just about to sell something on there, but I can't access the pm's anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X