No announcement yet.

Spring West Coast CB Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean out some old PM's. I need to do something for you.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Done.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That sucks. It would still be cool if you can make the last leg of the trip. With or with out the CB.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
              That sucks. It would still be cool if you can make the last leg of the trip. With or with out the CB.
              I'm gonna do everything I can to make at least part of the trip. I've been super excited about the trip and motivated to get through my to do list. That hasn't changed, but everything came to a halt when my budget went kaput. I have some ideas to make up for it and some old shit off amazon I've been meaning to return.

I don't want to miss this, but if I do, I'll still do anything I can to contribute to making it a good experience!

Comment

Also, af1132 is one hell of a good guy. Just sayin'.

Comment

Is the CB currently out of commission? I know we don't know each other, but if you need some help getting it on the road, let me know. I maybe able to help. Also, I may have some parts laying around that I don't need.

Comment

I keep forcing myself to keep putting away money........ finances arnt fun hope our crew still rolls. More or less first time I'm showing off the cb7 since fall 14. My car technically needs a tranny ex reverse sometimes won't go without 4th then reverse.ex sometimes (rare pops out) but all the gears are there and it does beautiful on the freeway! So she may allow me to do the trip
                    Last edited by schierholz; 03-24-2015, 05:33 PM.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                    Do it once, do it right.
                    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                    Missing My
                    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

My fiance and I will be going no matter what. I booked the hotel rooms in Temecula already. The trip will not die out, I won't let it, not after this much work was put into it.
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I am officially going to do whatever it takes to go on this damned trip!

Tishock, my cb is running but I don't feel it's safe/able enough to make such a lengthy trip in its current state. Suspension is almost finished, just need shocks and to track down this weird clunk in the front end. Hopefully the poly bushings I have will take care of that. Gotta check /replace rear brakes. Replace tube seals, vc gasket and set valve lash. Finally, get an o2 bung welded into my header so I can re install the sensor.

Once this is all done, I'll feel ok about taking a long trek with my love(wife) in the car. So I'm not out yet, thanks to AF and this community of cool humans!

Comment

Though I really would like a new transmission in the cb7 the current I feel should hold up, If I don't beat on it too bad it should hold. Engine seems good doesn't over heat and it seems to hold 10-30 well. power steering looks to hold good.... for real I think this is the best Cb7 ive owned out of the 3..... I'm gonna go through my hoses and make sure there good thats really my only fear as of now and maybe I'l just to be safe throw new brake pads on all the way around.

Il be dammed to not go on this trip if I don't beat up my transmission I think I am safe. I am really excited to roll with ya'll and be apart of this community in general!

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                          Do it once, do it right.
                          Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                          Missing My
                          White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Hey Lucien. It's not ideal, but I believe I have a front set of KYB Excel shocks in my public storage room. I'm pretty sure they're still there and they were never used. I bought them maybe 5-7 years ago really cheap when I was updating my suspension. And wanted to drive at a more normal height in the meantime. If I can find them you can have them.

Also I have AEM's no weld O2 sensor mount (2.5") in the garage. It's good for 2.25" - 2.5" exhaust pipes. You can use it until you can get one welded in. I only bought it just in case something came up.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                              Hey Lucien. It's not ideal, but I believe I have a front set of KYB Excel shocks in my public storage room. I'm pretty sure they're still there and they were never used. I bought them maybe 5-7 years ago really cheap when I was updating my suspension. And wanted to drive at a more normal height in the meantime. If I can find them you can have them.

Also I have AEM's no weld O2 sensor mount (2.5") in the garage. It's good for 2.25" - 2.5" exhaust pipes. You can use it until you can get one welded in. I only bought it just in case something came up.
                              Much appreciated, dude! I'm gonna see about getting the o2 bung welded in this weekend. The exhaust shop that originally installed the header said they'd do it cheap since he didn't like leaving the sensor off and he didn't want me to have to cut/extend the wires to reach the downpipe bung on the header.

Hopefully i wont need the excels, but thank you for the offer. Which shocks i get is going to hinge on how this next week goes. I'll let you know where i stand when the dust settles.

How's your car doing? Need any help with anything?

Comment

The van is cool. Just needs front brake pads, add a tranny oil cooler, oil change and tires for the Enkei Evo 8 wheels going on. The other remaining items are just for aesthetics.

Comment

Working...
                                X