No announcement yet.

Kurobei is no more.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vey sad to see this and hear it. I'm relieved to know you are ok though. Your car spent those last moments possibly ending its life to protect yours. I expect to see you back in another cb soon though. If you can't get yours back on the road again, don't feel ashamed to replace it.

I'm glad I haven't worried about falling asleep on the road yet. Usually when I need to stay up though, I'll buy some pep pills, and/or slap myself hard in the face. It helps, but a power nap is better.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Damn man i'm sorry. I hope you get better.. an stick on this site, an get another cb7
      GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

amazing ... get better soon ... the airbag is one more reason that if I ever get another CB7 it'll be a 92-93.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

that paint look so nice man.. dam sucks u fucked it up. u should've went to sleep lil more earlier dude. add this to lesson learn.
          DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Oh my god..........................

I don't know what to say Tommy, but I'm really really sad right now..I've always wanted to see more pics of my grill twin, but not like this man..Not when it's belly-up like that..

So sorry to see that bro..I'm really glad you are okay though..My prayers are with you, and I hope that you'd get well soon..

There goes one of the finest CB7 I've ever seen...What a sad day

Get well soon Tommy..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I'm so sorry to see those pictures, but you're okay and that really is what matters (even if at the moment it feels like your car is more important).

If you need anything, let me know...

Comment

Thanks Guys....

Thanks guys for the luv and support. Thats what I really love about this board compared to "honda-tech" and everywhere else. We are our own community and have a special family link like no other car forum can compare.

I'm doing ok and my knee is getting a little better however the bruises on my back and neck is sore as hell from whiplash. I feel like kickin myself in the ass everytime I step out of the house and see my baby all crumpled up like that on the driveway... but i'm glad she saved my life and jeez I can say I give ***** for the cb7 crash safety rating. The most scariest part of the rollover I can remember was the roof caving in....but i'm surprised how well it held up without any rollbar.

I know sleep is REALLY important and all the caffeine in the world isn't going to help a body stay up. When you are tired the body is going to shutdown whether u like it or not.

I'm still going to stay in the CB7 family....there is no other car I would dream about getting at the moment. I love to stay different in the honda scene and can't even picture myself in a Integra or civic for that matter. I'm still going to go with my goals of turboing a H22 in a cb7 (hopefully it's still alive more info @ the bottom)

As of yesterday my car is almost completely stripped out. My parents think I'm crazy for struggling for pryin and getting in insane positions to take stuff off my car in the condition i'm in.... but the doctor said ("you need a little exercise and stretch a little to get back in gear) and hey what better way of doing it! My exhaust seems "ok" but from the rollover the catalytic converter back is smashed flat. I might just get another exhaust. This thursday hopefully it doesn't rain, but my friend from Philly that I helped install the supercharged levin motor in his AE92 is coming down to visit family. He's gonna try to occupy a whole day to help me take out the H22a.

I'm praying the H22 is still salvagable because during the accident when my G-square folded under the car... it sliced a nice hole in my auto tranny and the fluid all drained out. When my car finally stopped rolling over...my engine was still on but it died on it's own. I'm hoping it didn't seize but one things for sure all or MOST of the engine oil went north since it was upside down.

Taking off the intake I found a good amount of oil in there. I kinda want to just crank the motor normally but i'm afraid I might cause more damage if any...so I just manually turned the motor over at the crank pulley and it seems like it moved freely enough so I don't think it's seized.
                It's probably flooded with oil from being flipped over.....however my battery was ripped from the cable during the accident so maybe it shutoff because of the battery? I checked the dipstick and it seemed almost "dry" but it was under the last hole. The oilpan wasn't damaged at all so yeah...all the oil is up north somewhere in the block and probably flooded it.

I know the car depends on the alternator after starting but I have no idea other than the oil factor what probably caused the motor to shut on it's own. I smelled oil (most likely tranny fluid) afterwards and tried to get out the car immediately coz I didn't know if it was going to blow up or catch fire. I didn't even think about shutting off the engine because I didn't know how much time I had to get out. I kinda wish I did turn off the ignition now but eh.

This is a good time to kinda get the motor "rebuilt properly for turbo" since it's going to be out of the car...but I know i'm going to be broke for awhile since I have to buy a new cb7.

I'm going to be looking at 3 CB7's today and one is a 91SE with black interior!
                but I dunno how good the interior is from pictures.....I don't know if i really want it also. Maybe it's just because of the interior...but I still have my blk se interior. The body looks clean from the pictures but I gotta see whats up with the car in person. Another CB7 i'm trying to look at is a 93 Anthony found...but when I called the guy up it seems like maybe the previous owner was toying around with it (headgasket fixed etc.) oil leaks due to unproper sealing. So I dunno about that one too much... however all the good maintenance is done (oil change, new clutch etc)

The 3rd one I'm going to check out is a fully loaded 92 with fogs... only thing I don't like about it is the color. It's that light heather mist green color....but it's a manual and I could benefit from the tranny being swapped to the H for longer gearing turbo fun later down the road. #3 is what i'm kinda leaning for because it's a manual..... but since I have most 5-speed parts already I wouldn't mind having the SE and doing a 5-speed swap if it's truly in good condition. One other con about the SE is no airbag.... anyone know if it's possible to swap over a 92-93 srs system? It saved my life....so i dunno if i can live without a airbag.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Anyone with a h22a accord for sale in the bay area??

I wouldn't mind just getting one already swapped..... save me some trouble.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Wow man i'm really sorry to see that happen to you and your car, I'm glad you are ok for the most part though. That's pretty awesome the cb held up that well rolling like that. On another note regarding the engine shutting off, did your 80 amp battery fuse blow? Most the cb7s I have seen that have been in wrecks blow them on impact for some reason. I'm betting your engine is all right and just shut off from the battery cable getting severed. Good luck with the new project man
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

tommy has a strong determination

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Hey man glad to see that you are alright. Cars are always replaceable so that is a good thing. I been at the wheel a couple of times and wonder how I got home from being so tired. Just take the time you need in order to figure what you want to do man. I hope everything works out with ya man. Peace

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

whoa i just heard the news and am very sad to see this. truly i'm glad to see you up and well. it makes you think how important life really is. cars will come and go. i'm still looking forward to meeting you one day. the car doesn't make the person. take care!
                          1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I am very sad to see all this Tommy, we're all glad you're doing okay and getting better. Also, I respect the fact that you could have moved on an bought an EVO or an STi or w/e, but how you're still wanting another CB7 just somehow puts a smile on my face! Best of luck w/ the next CB and again, very sorry from what happened. You've got my respect

Dan

Comment

I cant believe it man. Thank God you're ok...cars are replaceable

Comment

and now.....rebirth

-sean
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X