This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMseagren83 View Post
    congrats!! its only bitter sweet for a couple weeks... dont sweat it!
    whatever sean... i gots a job i might actually be able to attend a meet in like 3 weeks or so

my ride

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83 View Post
      congrats!! its only bitter sweet for a couple weeks... dont sweat it!
      trufax, going to a new platform is fun
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

tru to much fo mee haha good luck bud

im thinking i might get an f23 block and try the cheap honda big block approch thinking my bottom end is already starting to make noise and its only got about 30k on it

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

tryin to trade the legend for somethin 5 speed soon...

Comment

i might be taking an offer of $700 and this guys complete b16 head for my h22. thinking about it. then i only have to do $400 in head machining, gsr timming belt and water pump, head gaskett set, and wa la,,,, ive got a ls vtec swap.... see what thats like... it might be alright, or if not,,,, just throw a fucking air pump on it to give it a lil more umph....

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
              tru to much fo mee haha good luck bud

im thinking i might get an f23 block and try the cheap honda big block approch thinking my bottom end is already starting to make noise and its only got about 30k on it

thats the motor im building for the wagon but i staying with the F22a head

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
              Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                trufax, going to a new platform is fun
                Its great! you get to do all the little fun stuff again. lol

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
                  Its great! you get to do all the little fun stuff again. lol
                  That's what gf's cars are for lol. The hardest part about these damn cars or any car is running out of the easy stuff to do. That and you know every single thing about the car, including all the things about it that have slowly driven you insane.

Comment

Originally posted by carcollectorkid View Post
                    thats the motor im building for the wagon but i staying with the F22a head
                    thats what i wanna do too

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Hey guys I know I have not posted much in this section, but I have question to ask of my fellow PNW'ers. It seems that my lower spark plug tube seals have gone out on me. Actually, so much oil leaked into the the spark plug tubes, that it pushed one of the plug wires out while I was driving . I have been screwed over by a couple of shops now so I wanted to do it myself. The only problem is that removing and replacing the rocker arm assembly, and then adjusting the valves afterward sounds a little daunting because I have not done either before. I was wondering if any of you guys had the spare time and the generosity to supervise or lend a hand and make sure I don't screw up the top end of my engine. I have a feeler gauge for adjusting the valves but I am still trying to track down a good torque wrench. Does anyone know any place in the area that sells something good quality at a reasonable price? I looked at sears, but the only wrench they had that did inch-pounds had pretty bad reviews, and $150 from tacoma screw is a bit out of my price range. I would greatly appreciate any help and even any pointers for replacing the lower tube seals. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
                        Hey guys I know I have not posted much in this section, but I have question to ask of my fellow PNW'ers. It seems that my lower spark plug tube seals have gone out on me. Actually, so much oil leaked into the the spark plug tubes, that it pushed one of the plug wires out while I was driving . I have been screwed over by a couple of shops now so I wanted to do it myself. The only problem is that removing and replacing the rocker arm assembly, and then adjusting the valves afterward sounds a little daunting because I have not done either before. I was wondering if any of you guys had the spare time and the generosity to supervise or lend a hand and make sure I don't screw up the top end of my engine. I have a feeler gauge for adjusting the valves but I am still trying to track down a good torque wrench. Does anyone know any place in the area that sells something good quality at a reasonable price? I looked at sears, but the only wrench they had that did inch-pounds had pretty bad reviews, and $150 from tacoma screw is a bit out of my price range. I would greatly appreciate any help and even any pointers for replacing the lower tube seals. Thanks guys
                        i might be able to this weekend. if i have it off finally. depending on where you live.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                        Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Well I talked it over with my dad and he thinks I should take it back to the mechanic. The seals were only replaced about 4 months ago so they should not have worn out this quickly. The mechanic should have some sort of warranty on the parts. I do appreciate the offer carcollectorkid, and if things don't work out, I could definitely use the help in the future.

Comment

They're not too hard to do yourself and you only need a really small torque wrench for the valvetrain.

Comment

true dat.
                              Or you could leave em alone. thats what I usually do lol

Comment

i dont have lower tube seals ftw

my ride

Comment

Working...
                                X