So.Cal Mechanics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
    The lock keeps on cycling? Are you sure the actuators are good? Normally what happens is a piece of plastic snaps off that prevents the actuator from knowing when to stop.
    I owe you a cookie. Didnt notice any broken bits inside but with the driver actuator unplugged no more cycling
    FA1

Comment

Don't know if I had asked before, but is there a "Dud" bulb that they sell? I need a 3497 type so I could put in place of my 3rd brake light. Or does anyone know how to blow a bulb and, maybe this can work? I fixed my O2 sensor today, so my "check engine" light doesn't come on anymore.... so I want to get rid of the light that pops up for the "Brake Light".

Comment

i believe you can play with resistors to fool the sensor.

not an electrical genius, but I remember someone was talking about it at the memorial meet.
        Last edited by ikayto; 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

wha?? Where are the resistors at??

Comment

i meant solder one in to fool the sensor that there is a "load" on that wire.

i tried hooking up positive to negative for fun when i added my 4th brake light but it still tripped it--tested if the sensor worked on continuity.

unsure how that sensor "knows" the bulb is out but i assume its a resistance difference.
            Last edited by ikayto; 09-03-2009, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
              wha?? Where are the resistors at??
              I wired in a 10 ohm resistor before I fixed my brake light...... worked like a charm

Comment

i think it just looks for some sort of resistance, my multimeter is telling me my 3497 bulb has a resistance of 2.4 ohms, but it could be full of shit. go to radio shack and grab a couple resistors between 2.4 and 10ohms. Should be like 10 cents each, one of em will work.
                FA1

Comment

Thanks guys...I guess off to Radio Shack tomorrow.

Comment

pick up a switch for a kill switch while you're at it :]

Comment

So I went to fry's electronics today to go pick up some resistors but there was too many 10ohm to choose from. they had 1/4W, 1W, 2W. etc. Which ones do I use? I asked a couple of people that worked there and they had no idea. The guy that worked that section was running a half hour late I was told. If you can get at me today with a answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

So I went to fry's electronics today to go pick up some resistors but there was too many 10ohm to choose from. they had 1/4W, 1W, 2W. etc. Which ones do I use? I asked a couple of people that worked there and they had no idea. The guy that worked that section was running a half hour late I was told. If you can get at me today with a answer it would be greatly appreciated.
                        can't remember which I used...... it was either 1/4 or 1/2....

Comment

cool thanks. Would it matter which one it is??

Comment

cool thanks. Would it matter which one it is??
                            I'd get half or 1

Comment

ok im having a bit of a proble so today i tried checking the code its throwing for the check engine light but its not blicking it just stays lit and my battery light doesnt turn on but the bulb works . could it be my ecu went out thats why its staying lit. and for the battery light not going on in the cluster idk what it is i checked the battery and alternator its all good.
                              well thanks in advanced

Stuff For Sale

Comment

anyone got access to honda TSB (technical service bulletin)? my mom's 04 accord v6 transmission is slipping terribly. i believe TSB 04-037 is the correct one for it. joesue?
                                1cor10:31
                                - 92 LX coupe
                                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X