No announcement yet.

So.Cal Mechanics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Benson did you take off the EGR valve and clean that out real good? Any CEL?
    You can also check for to see if the egr valve is getting vaccum and holding vacuum if you have a vacuum gauge.
    Maybe the ports and valve are clogged real bad, and if so you should be getting some bogging between 2600 and 3000 rpm's if I'm not mistaken.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

doesnt bog but i noticed that after the intake manifold swap that my car will rev up a few hundred rpm before shifting (automatic)
      no CEL on my car, the guy at the smog station did the vacuume test and said the EGR is bad, BUT my mechanic did his own test and said my EGR is fully functional
      my mechanic used to do smog since he was 18, and only stopped recently
      what he showed me was that: with the engine on, press in the diaphragm and engine stalls. it wouldn't stall before the EGR was cleaned, but after the cleaning it stalled. meaning that its working
      the 2nd test we did was put the car in drive, hold down the brake and press the gas pedal to like 2k rpm, then the other person used a mirror to see if the diaphragm on the EGR opened, which it did

would a tune up, oil change, clean air filter, and seafoam job reduce my nox emissions?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

at warm up my car my idle bounces from 1.5k to 2k until the car is finally warm. so how do i fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
          doesnt bog but i noticed that after the intake manifold swap that my car will rev up a few hundred rpm before shifting (automatic)
          no CEL on my car, the guy at the smog station did the vacuume test and said the EGR is bad, BUT my mechanic did his own test and said my EGR is fully functional
          my mechanic used to do smog since he was 18, and only stopped recently
          what he showed me was that: with the engine on, press in the diaphragm and engine stalls. it wouldn't stall before the EGR was cleaned, but after the cleaning it stalled. meaning that its working
          the 2nd test we did was put the car in drive, hold down the brake and press the gas pedal to like 2k rpm, then the other person used a mirror to see if the diaphragm on the EGR opened, which it did

would a tune up, oil change, clean air filter, and seafoam job reduce my nox emissions?
          All those things would help but I think the seafoam treatment might do the most good.

My swap thread
          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

before smog i always do these,
            put 500 miles on new motor oil before testing
            techron 91 gas
            run warmer spark plugs
            check air filter
            put my cat on
            drive 30 miles on 4th gear on the freeway.

make sure you seafoam your car first before changing your spark plugs, oil, and gas.

Comment

alright thanks jed and kane
              yeah, its almost time for my oil to be changed
              and my AEM dryflow filter has like 12k miles on it
              and its been like 2 years since i did the tune up

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

alright thanks jed and kane
                yeah, its almost time for my oil to be changed
                and my AEM dryflow filter has like 12k miles on it
                and its been like 2 years since i did the tune up
                i always tune up every year. better safe than sorry.

Comment

anyone have a oscilloscope i can borrow?

Comment

pm me i need my markers on?
                    1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                      pm me i need my markers on?
                      you have an oscope?

Comment

i was gonna go smog on sat, but its supposed to rain
                        is it gonna be a waste of time for me to go?
                        since its gonna be really cold

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

anyone got a hookup or a good reference at a muffler shop in san diego?
                          My Honda

Comment

so i was seafoaming my car on tuesday, made a run down the street, but on the way back my car made a loud ass screech as i was in the high rpm range. i have a feeling that its my power steering belt because ive noticed that over the past few weeks, my steering has been getting a little harder to turn over time
                            right after the screech i went into the driveway and turned off the engine
                            puddle of power steering fluid was on the floor, but in the reservoir its still at full
                            checked the belt and its still tight, in comparison to the alternator belt

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

just take off ur power steering benson, im gonna take mine off soon, i dont drive the car as much now anyways.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
                              Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

need help installing my sidemarkers beofre the meet pm me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Working...
                                X