No announcement yet.

So.Cal Mechanics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you make sure that the O-ring from the previous filter was gone and you didn't double stack them with the new filter.?

Comment

yup I check it and i put a new one on with a new o ring on there and it still leak
      [

Comment

Originally posted by dwnhillCB791 View Post
        ok so now that it got cold, I tried my heater out and it doesn't work, I don't even get hot air coming from the engine bay. any ideas?
        The cable for the heater valve is probably snapped. If you move the temperature switch and have someone look in the engine bay below the intake (throttle body area) you should see something move. If it doesn't move try moving the valve by hand and see if the heat works.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
          The cable for the heater valve is probably snapped. If you move the temperature switch and have someone look in the engine bay below the intake (throttle body area) you should see something move. If it doesn't move try moving the valve by hand and see if the heat works.
          Thanks Long I'll check it out. Hey what's up with the pick in your sig, how did you get that mark?
          Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

gas + brake at the same time at a light.

Comment

Originally posted by dwnhillCB791 View Post
              Thanks Long I'll check it out. Hey what's up with the pick in your sig, how did you get that mark?
              My bumper met a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by slowguy7 View Post
                I have a problem guys seems to me that the oil can filter is leaking heavily,I put a new filter on and add oil and when i drove off and came back it still leaking like crazy.What you guys think is it a o-ring type seal around the base where you screw the oil can filter or is it something else?
                yes, there is a o ring behind the oil filter cooler.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

didnt know h22s had them, thought it was for a6s.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                    yes, there is a o ring behind the oil filter cooler.
                    I'll check it out thanks Joesue
                    [

Comment

Originally posted by slowguy7 View Post
                      I'll check it out thanks Joesue
                      if it is coming from that o ring, it's like 6 bucks at the dealer.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

What does the oil pressure switch look like? My oil light starts to flicker on and off whenever I drive for more than 20 minutes now and it blinks on and off after that; first I was told it was the oil pan gasket, then the oil pressure switch; so I went and bought the oil pressure switch, raised my car and now I can't find the switch but I can see my gasket coming out of the oil pan. Is the switch the green thing next to the oil filter or the black thing above the oil filter? Whichever one it is they both are not leaking anything.

Can I still drive my car tomorrow to work or should I get it fixed tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by BatmannamtaB View Post
                          What does the oil pressure switch look like? My oil light starts to flicker on and off whenever I drive for more than 20 minutes now and it blinks on and off after that; first I was told it was the oil pan gasket, then the oil pressure switch; so I went and bought the oil pressure switch, raised my car and now I can't find the switch but I can see my gasket coming out of the oil pan. Is the switch the green thing next to the oil filter or the black thing above the oil filter? Whichever one it is they both are not leaking anything.

Can I still drive my car tomorrow to work or should I get it fixed tomorrow?
                          No one answered this yet? I'll give it a try. The oil pressure sender is above the oil filter on the F22, and yes it has a black cover over it. You could check your oil pressure by removing the sender and attaching a oil pressure gauge. At 176 degrees F, the pressure should be 10psi at idle, and 50psi at 3000rpm.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Thanks. My uncle said he would be that gauge to test it out, but not until Wednesday or Thursday, so it is safe to still be driving my car?

I just had a mechanic do the oil pan gasket replacement and after driving for 25 minutes my oil light started flickering again; only when I'm stopped. It has been doing this on and off, sometimes I will go a whole week without it turning on and sometimes it will do it for 2 days straight

Comment

Originally posted by BatmannamtaB View Post
                              Thanks. My uncle said he would be that gauge to test it out, but not until Wednesday or Thursday, so it is safe to still be driving my car?

I just had a mechanic do the oil pan gasket replacement and after driving for 25 minutes my oil light started flickering again; only when I'm stopped. It has been doing this on and off, sometimes I will go a whole week without it turning on and sometimes it will do it for 2 days straight
                              It doesn't matter if you drive it or not because A. If its just the oil pressure sender, then all you have to do is replace that, but B. If your oil pressure is actually that low to make the light come on, then it won't be long before you need a new engine anyways.

My swap thread
                              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                                It doesn't matter if you drive it or not because A. If its just the oil pressure sender, then all you have to do is replace that, but B. If your oil pressure is actually that low to make the light come on, then it won't be long before you need a new engine anyways.
                                Dammit. So hopefully I only need to replace the sender.

Is this a common problem? Like does the sender stop working on our cars?

Or is it more likely that my oil pressure is actually low and my engine is going bad? I do have over 224,000 miles on the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X