Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CC1 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yea Thats awesome!!! What did you do with the mount for the tranny.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Get some pics up, glad your cb lives!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Built a custom tranny mount, seems to be effective!

Got a few niggles to now sort - exhaust heatshield is hanging down and scraping on EVERYTHING.

New exhaust rear section is knocking on rear control arms - very annoying.

the sleeves seem to be a lot bouncier now, as well as ride height has increased around 1/2 inch. Not overly fussed about the height but my steering geometry and ride have gone out the window. Need an alignment ASAP, the steering is pulling heavily to both sides occasionally.

Pics soon! As well as a Time-Lapse video of the swap

Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by CC1_Coupe View Post
          Built a custom tranny mount, seems to be effective!

Got a few niggles to now sort - exhaust heatshield is hanging down and scraping on EVERYTHING.

New exhaust rear section is knocking on rear control arms - very annoying.

the sleeves seem to be a lot bouncier now, as well as ride height has increased around 1/2 inch. Not overly fussed about the height but my steering geometry and ride have gone out the window. Need an alignment ASAP, the steering is pulling heavily to both sides occasionally.

Pics soon! As well as a Time-Lapse video of the swap

Tom.
          Are you talking about the heatshield for the catalytic converter? It's really only there to not set dry materials on fire underneath your car. The car will run perfectly fine without it. Plus, it prevents the actual cat from taking too much of an impact if it gets hit.

Comment

WTF thats the first time I've seen somebody with a random ass flare in their car. That shit reminds me of back in the day when cats used to bolt up mini fire extinguishers to there pillars like a bunch of dumbasses.

And thats a hella bright ass dome light!

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              Are you talking about the heatshield for the catalytic converter? It's really only there to not set dry materials on fire underneath your car. The car will run perfectly fine without it. Plus, it prevents the actual cat from taking too much of an impact if it gets hit.
              Yeh that's the one! Will be taking it off next time my car is on a ramp or I get some decent weather to take the exhaust back off.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              WTF thats the first time I've seen somebody with a random ass flare in their car. That shit reminds me of back in the day when cats used to bolt up mini fire extinguishers to there pillars like a bunch of dumbasses.

And thats a hella bright ass dome light!
              What makes the flare "random ass"?

And what is a Dome Light?

Comment

What makes the flare "random ass"?
                Lol, installing a flare and flare holder isn't random? I've never seen anybody do some shit like that before. IDK, I guess its a European thing.
                And what is a Dome Light?
                The one on your roof that illuminates the cabin when the door is opened...
                This one here.

Comment

I see! Maybe it is a European thing. Do your Jap Imports not have flares in them? It was fairly "last year" to be fair, I've since used the Flare in a drunken stupor at this years Japanese Auto Extravaganza, and wouldn't put another in, I'm not really looking for the "JDM" touches any more. That said, they still sell over here for £30-£50 a go, so some people must still want them!

I think it was the long exposure in that photograph making my interior light look so bright, it's fairly normal "brightness" as far as I know.

Coming next - Custom rear lip (You'll love it, or you'll flame me)

Tom.

Comment

Do your Jap Imports not have flares in them?
                    Hell no we don't have flares in the car, lol. Like I mentioned in the first post, cats here used to bolt small fire extinguishers to their driver's side pillars. Real race car driver had them for safety purposes just in case their shit caught on fire but then all of a sudden its like "Damn, I should put one of those in my busted ass Honda Civic and I will be a racecar driver too!" Fucking funny ass shit.

But now that you've brought flares to light I am quite sure people here are going to start installing them in their cars, lol.

Comment

people have been putting flares in their cars for a good while. I think it's mostly a euro thing. People in the us normally carry those little orange triangles instead

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                        people have been putting flares in their cars for a good while.
                        Really because I've never seen anybody do that, unless it was just some flare in the glovebox or some shit like that.

I've never seen a flare holder bolted up and a flare in it. I didn't even know they made flare holders for cars, unless it was semi or ambulance or something.

Comment

#9/10/11

9 FLARE, EMERGENCY (NIPPON CARLID)
                          89510-611-0151

10 HOLDER, EMERGENCY (BLACK)
                          89515-SB2-9201

11 BOLT-WASHER, 6X20
                          93491-06020-071

http://www.crxsi.com/jdm/ef9-1101532/Upholstery-Trim-Tool-Kit.htm

To the OP Nice wheels. Green looks better with white than blue.
                          Last edited by bassrock234; 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I'm not sure what the point was of posting those pics. I know they exist, the OP has one.

I live in the US. That shit don't exist out here unless you put one in yourself. Furthermore, the OP lives in some other country and your pics are clearly not from the US either.

Comment

just saying it's oem in some cars in other parts of the world. It has existed for some time, and isnt usually some "fire extinguisher race car" mod
                              Last edited by bassrock234; 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Not sure what exactly you are trying to prove here. All I was saying was I've never seen them in a car before, most because I live in America and they don't have them here.

And I never said it was a "fire extinguisher race car" mod... I said it reminded me of when people used to do that. And the fire extinguisher served a purpose in race cars. Just like this I'm sure serves a purpose in the cars they are installed in. But like I said, I'm sure somebody is going put one of these in their car and make it look like they might need it for something. Posers.

Just something else to add to the long list of JDM bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X