Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CC1 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks fre$h tom. really refreshing to see the uk cars pop up with mods done to them. sorted all the problems out i assume?
    Last edited by tommi; 01-20-2013, 08:38 AM.
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Thanks alot tommi, great to hear.

MOST of the problems sorted, will be fitting new driveshafts in the coming weeks to sort the wheel wobble out, and last week my centre section sheared just before the rear section flange which was annoying, so that's getting replaced next week also. Also ordering up a stainless manifold which should be here at the same time.

other than that, she's running well at the moment. I'm enjoying the extra power from the f22a3, feels especially torquey, has no problem keeping up with an ek4 Jordan.

Comment

hye bro your car is super clean the fact that its rhd , and those rims make it pop out

Comment

Love the car! I prefer the green OG wheels, those were fun!

The video was pretty cool too, ya'll rolled thru that swap.

Nice work man, keep it up!

Comment

Thanks chaps!

Raised the suspension yesterday and fitted the new centre section. Raising the suspension has more or less halted the wobble issue, so it's definitely driveshafts.

Next up : Stainless manifold and clean up of the engine bay. Need to get this car ready for show season!!

Comment

yep,wheel falling off is no joke pretty scary stuff.at least you didnt have damage to anything else, haters cost me an arm and leg for new suspension parts and a tow. your car looks good though.

Comment

nice ride... like the wheel color u picked too

Comment

Thanks all. Now running normal ride height, SW96 wheels and the car is altogether much nicer to drive.

Just need to sort this wobble out. Despite my first thought, I'm fairly sure it is my transmission mount... I should have done it properly in the first place!

Comment

Hello all.

Further investigation has convinced me it's the Tranny Mount. I've fettled and fiddled with it several times, each time improving the wobble considerably, for a day or two, when it seems to return with a vengeance.

My options now are:
                    1) shell out $170 and wait 6 weeks for an ESP conv mount
                    2) Have my machining friend have a look at fabbing a mount up
                    3) keep trying to DIY it.

I'll keep at option 3 anyway, to be fair, since the Accord is my daily. I'm becoming so frustrated, there's little room to play with around the mount, and I've got to remove the battery and tray every time I play with it, then reinstall before I can test drive.

The worst part - It drove without an issue for 1000 - 1500 miles after the Engine swap :-s

Will keep you all posted, and hopefully bring some more exciting updates in the coming weeks and months. We all know how boring a build thread is without pictures ;-)

Tom.

Comment

New Driveshaft arriving tomorrow, turns out my inner CV is FUBAR so with any luck that'll be causing the wobbling, and the mount can be addressed at a later date. I'll be buying the ESP mount as soon as funds allow.

Here's some pictures of my Black/yellow headlights to enjoy, I think they came out very well for a first attempt. These are my spare lights, so perfect for a bit of trial and error!

Comments welcomed, as always

-Tom.

Comment

I've pm u tom. Cheers
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

i wouldn't mind my rhd jdm meet's your rhd edm....tight!!!!
                          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                            i wouldn't mind my rhd jdm meet's your rhd edm....tight!!!!
                            That'd be awesome! Such a shame there's no scene for CB's in the UK. Lack of parts, lack of local knowledge, lack of people around to geek out with!

Luckily, I have this site to head to. Time and time again it proves impossible to live without!

So today I'll be changing my offside driveshaft, so long as the courier arrives at a decent hour!

Can't wait to drive my car properly again!

Comment

Fitted my new Driveshaft this week, and hey presto! Wobble is now gone.

So all this time, the Driveshaft was to blame. Will still invest in the ESP mount soon, but it's a weight off my mind that it's not so urgent now.

The Driveshaft itself came off in 8 or so pieces, amazing really that it was still operational. It turns out, that when we did the swap, this driveshaft was broken already! My friend and I tried to fix it and thought at the time we had done so, but obviously not.

I'd forgotten this, which serves me right, to be honest. If I had recalled this earlier, I would've saved an awful lot of messing about.

Nevertheless, all sorted now. Next on the agenda, new manifold, engine bay degrease and detail, polish and stance adjustment.

Keeping my eyes peeled for an H22 too, hopefully in the works for '14.

-Tom.

Comment

Had my Exhaust fixed this weekend, downpipe welded up and skid plate added, "middle" flange sheared studs drilled out and replaced.

Such a transformation, really purposeful growl now. It's the first time my car has ever been without a blowing exhaust somewhere in the system.

Re-hung the whole system too, managed to get a decent bit of clearance, and as yet had no clearance issues on roads that have always caused me problems. Good times!

And better than all of this, my MPG has returned to normal! It got as low as 15mpg in the last few weeks, not good for a daily driver!

Here's some pictures to keep you interested

Also steam cleaned the engine bay and interior, it's been too long without a good clean, and with show season fast approaching I need to pull out all the stops to get this car looking good again.

I'll be taking it on track in May this year, I'm going to try and get a camera inside the car as I'm sure it'll make entertaining viewing haha.

Next on the "to-do" list:

1) Sort the front bumper/lip out - respray and fitment
                                2) Black/Yellow my '93 headlights and replace
                                3) Droplinks and alignment
                                4) Source and buy some Black Recaro seats (Speeds, most likely)
                                5) Find a flushmount rear spoiler
                                6) Twiddle with the wheel fitment/ride height

And lots more, besides.

I'll keep you guys posted. As always, comments and feedback welcome.

Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X