Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My CC1 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Frost White coupe , very clean.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Exciting times here for me;

I've purchased an ESP Auto to Manual Transmission Mount, it's been shipped out today.

I've managed to source a complete CB3 Accord with an H22a, which I'm in the process of swapping into the CC1 Coupe.

The engine is on around 70kMiles, and based on the 80 Mile trip to get it home performs nicely. The CB3 also had on it;

VIS Racing OEM Style Carbon Bonnet
        Unbranded front strut bar
        Apexi RSM Rev Speed Meter
        Longlife 2.5" Stainless Exhaust system (straight through)
        Omni Power adjustable coilovers
        Horrid Bucket seats with harnesses

As well as a few trim pieces I needed, and of course lot's more spare parts for the collection.

I've spent 3 evenings on the car so far, around 10 hours. As I type this, the H22a is ready for removal, with all fluids drained and looms disconnected. I picked up an engine crane last night, so after work this evening I should have the H out and ready for paint.

Once that's done, the final stripping of the CB3 will happen, and I'll get the shell picked up and scrapped. Sunday evening will be spent cleaning and painting the H, and from Monday I will start removing the F22a3.

If you've read my thread, you'll know this is now the second engine swap I've attempted, and I have to say it's much easier the second time round! Having access to all the necessary tools helps alot, and of course having plenty of support from friends.

I'll get some pictures up soon, though the CB3 is nothing special to look at, with some very "choice" modifications to it's appearance.... Luckily, it was the heart I was interested in, and the £500 price tag couldn't be ignored!

Tom.

Comment

Nice!
          Cant wait to see the new swap. Ive always loved your cb

Comment

So, progress update:

Here's the Donor vehicle:

It's a '91 CB3 Sedan.

We set about removing parts I wanted to keep or sell, and preparing the engine for removal.

From monday morning, with the help of some very good friends, we started the swap over into my coupe. It was all very straightforward, with minimal tricky bolts to contend with!

I had some minor amounts of wiring to tackle, to hook up the VTEC into my existing loom.

Here's some pictures

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND it's in:::

Been on a few test drives, it pulls hard into VTEC, all working with no issues as yet!

I'm a happy boy

Tom.

Comment

looking real good man nice job on the swap

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

ESP tranny mount conversion arrived today. Very impressed, fitment is perfect.

Made a big difference, no more wobble!!

Comment

You found a CB with a H in it, that alone is amazing feat! Good effort on the swap though, hope every works ok.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                  UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                  NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Thanks man!

Yeh, it came up quite locally to me and very unexpectedly. I didn't really have a choice but to buy it!

Comment

Getting there!

Comment

Can't wait to see how you clean the engine up.
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Always loved the dedication you have to this build and the quality of the work. Keep it up!! It's gonna be a screamer when you're done with the swap.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

What are your feelings about H with comparision to f22a3? Is it a huge diffrense in power? Or maybe just at the top end when V-TEC engages?

Comment

Originally posted by cb3frompoland View Post
                              What are your feelings about H with comparision to f22a3? Is it a huge diffrense in power? Or maybe just at the top end when V-TEC engages?
                              Huge difference in power indeed.
                              H22A = 185 - 220 HP
                              F22A3 = 150 HP

Comment

Yeh massive difference. Mines the JDM H22a, so 217bhp.

Compared to the F, it's in a different world!

Comment

Working...
                                X