Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rat rod hondas wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
    chop top with a neww zz motor with straight pipes. hell yeah ican see it. do some sweet old school pin stripes over the rust, and be sure to put bullet holes in it,, thats bad ass,
    i to like the flat black and green but i like it better when some of that old factory paint is on thier and it's rusting all around it.

then go back with some flat satin clear over it to keep it from rusting out to quickly. i can see it. and i wana see more modern rat rods.

the whole idea was to use what you had to make the fastest thing you could, while looking kewl doing it.. scrapping the ground.

"the rat rod erra, brings out a happy side of me."
    I agree with you...I might do it.
    Rolled Out 93 Coupe

Comment

rat rods are just a style of hot rod which always seems "unfinished" and very rough, lacking "bling". all the owners money and time goes into making the vehicle preform better, thus the looks of the car take a back seat (no pun intended)

in my mind, any car can be in the style of a rat rod, but is not a true rat unless its a domestic with a body older than 1950s era.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
        rat rods are just a style of hot rod which always seems "unfinished" and very rough, lacking "bling". all the owners money and time goes into making the vehicle preform better, thus the looks of the car take a back seat (no pun intended)

in my mind, any car can be in the style of a rat rod, but is not a true rat unless its a domestic with a body older than 1950s era.
        some cars didn't look bad, but its not my thing... although the above statement would make my accord "rat rod style"

the body isn't in horrid shape, its presentable. but the little chips/rust/dents/scratches in hood and bumper shows the car gets driven. and thats the only reason i work on it, to run it on the track. it would hurt more grind off half my lip while braking into a turn if my car was beautiful.

maybe that should be the new style "Track Damaged" with pavement ground mud flaps, lips, tire rubber melted all down the side of the car with chips and scrapes all over the rims and little bits of grass sticking out of wheel beads, and door hinges. dont forget the color matched ducktape to hide the big mistakes... and you have pure sex!!!
        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

rat rod theme doesn't fit the on the new car style IMO

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            a rat rod cb7 is an oxy moron...it will not exist...rat rods are certain types of cars...usually OLD old cars...it isn't rust...or rims...it is the body style of car...newer cars...are not...will not...can not be "rat rods".
            that being said...
            this is the stupidest thing...it isn't being "different" it's making your car a piece of rusted shit...a piece of junk...this is dumb.
            There ae some nice airbrushed cars...that's cool...different rims...cool...paint schemes...all rightbut to let your car ACTUALLY rust or to NOT fix rust, and to actually bang it up...that is stupid and is not "style" it is lame.
            EDITthese are rat rods...and yes...if they are not of this TYPE of body then they are not rat rods
            also note big daddy roth's creations
            rat rods are car from the pre-70's THAT is THE style of body...that IS what a rat rod is. These came around in the 70's.
            That is what I meant lol.

Comment

so technically it would be called.....RatRice....

Sweet i love it, I wana see some more Honda ..RatRice..

so far the vw's are winning in the ratrice appearence i do believe... we can't allow that.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

My old turbo Tercel had a completly mis matched front end (red fender, white fender, c/f hood) budget used VW snowflakes, and a flat black trunk with fake patina. ..... oh yeah, and the gangster turbo setup.

I think it qualifies only on the principal that it was a ratty car made to be violently fast with some jy parts and home brewed madness.

-----------TERCEL--------------

----------CAMRY-----------------

Personally, I like the style. I think that sometimes the execution can be somewhat lacking, but it depends on the a car.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Unless you have a car made prior to WWII or a VW or a MB 190e, Don't do rat rod style.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                  And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Me and pops are actually thinkin well always tossing the idea around of a honda powered rat ride should be pretty neat when we decide to finally do it

THREE tone ya dig

Comment

What's hard to understand is that a car enthuiast, you don't want rust on your car to begin with, and here you go putting it on?! Granted the hood I think isn't going to spread throughout the car, but still.
                      | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

the true rat rod style,with the white wall tires and all,may not work on hondas,but i like the rusted,flat black look.

i see that as a mad max look,and thats mean as shit

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                          so technically it would be called.....RatRice....

Sweet i love it, I wana see some more Honda ..RatRice..

so far the vw's are winning in the ratrice appearence i do believe... we can't allow that.
                          Rat Rice! I fukin LOVE it!
                          now you have something there man!

Comment

VWs

Comment

dang all these VW owners are starting to really impress me with their RatRice, i didn't know this exzisted, and i am loving your pics man!
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Rck92DX View Post
                                SEXCii

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Working...
                                X