Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rat rod hondas wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
    it's fuuny how every forum on this has the same reactions...

a few people who admire the styling, and most who are down right bashing it...

i guess their really isn't any middle ground...

you either love it or hate it...
    lol, guilty as charged. I live in Wa, cmon. If I parked that anywhere for more than 6 hours it would probly get towed to a junkyard or somthin.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
      lol, guilty as charged. I live in Wa, cmon. If I parked that anywhere for more than 6 hours it would probly get towed to a junkyard or somthin.
      true lol.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

yeah i gotta to sat some of those ratrods are nice especially the airbrushed v dub

Comment

i would love a murdered out EF all stock and dumped to the floor.. well wit a nice b-series of course! but mostly stock and stealthy! haa
          " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

I like the ones that are decked out in the theme, But I agree with Deeve, looks retarded to have real good paint and only a rusted hood

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
              I like the ones that are decked out in the theme, But I agree with Deeve, looks retarded to have real good paint and only a rusted hood
              true...

most likely they bought a new hood that came in black primer, and were unaware that the primer was not an etch primer so it basically won't hold up to the elements and uv rays.. thus causing it to rust.....

although a hood is a good place to start.... that way if you decide the styles not for you, it's as easy as sanding it down or getting another hood.

i personally am caught in a hard place... i love the hard core rusted out ratrice with the shaved and and slicked out and painted engine bays....

I also love the whole rust airbrush theme.... that way the bumpers can be made to look like rust as well......i duno,,,

i think some of them need woody the wood pecker, or the roadrunner... etc. stickers on them
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Ya it definitely takes some thought to make it look right, I'll give them that. I'd want it lookin like a beater on the outside and extreme vip on the inside. Anybody can appreciate that, I don't think it works quite the same the other way around,lol.

Comment

true... a sweet engine bay with a bad*** motor on a hoodless accord..

then the exterior stripped down to bare metal, tape off some of that metel and spray a clear coat over it for any crosses or designs you want the rust to form around, then you'd have a shiney metal that would would eventually start rusting too, and then you'd have like two different textures of rust with your designs still visible.

then you get in your car and have an emaculate interior....

it would definately be different and verry much appealing to me....

as for the exterior it wouldn't be hard to weld a lip spoiler made of sheet metal to the trunk design and fabricate some mirrors made of metal to fit... etc...
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

it's crazzy how good these look when the bumpers are removed.

are they rear wheel drive by chance?

"Self Renewed"

Comment

here is a link to a pretty kewl rat rod build.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3348629
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

i like it.

it's different

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                          it's crazzy how good these look when the bumpers are removed.

are they rear wheel drive by chance?

rabbits are fwd...my dad had two of them. they are pretty cool however i want a rabbit GTI.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            rabbits are fwd...my dad had two of them. they are pretty cool however i want a rabbit GTI.
                            thanks.. i had no idea..
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

can someone please explain why a lot of the VWs have drums up stairs?

Comment

Originally posted by dadsCB7 View Post
                                can someone please explain why a lot of the VWs have drums up stairs?
                                to go along with the whole rat rod theme... style.

Comment

Working...
                                X