Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rat rod hondas wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.nightclubcity.com/forum/s...d.php?t=182524

check this out. someone posted it on nwp4life.com

Comment

Comment

I think the term rat rod came from hot rods, being high powered engines for drag racing. They didn't perform so great on tracks, but they had a relatively large amount of hp and torque. The term rat came from what I believe as "ratty" meaning rough, and unfinished, or unkempt. The fact that a lot of project cars were considered a work in progress, yet they attended shows in their state, became somewhat commonplace, like us, with our slammed cbs and stock hubcaps, not necessarily a finished product.

Initially, the term rat rod was in reference to early 20th century cars, up to the 50s and even somewhat into the 60s, with the hot rod drivetrain, but the rest of the car was still being worked on. With time, people have come to refer to any vehicle with mods and a coat of primer to be a rat rod.

Do you still call your shoes tennis shoes? Well, same thing. I've never played tennis in any of my shoes, nor would they necessarily be appropriate for playing tennis in, yet we still call them that.

Having said all that - I really like the VW RRs that have been done with the golfs, rabbits, GTIs etc. It's a good look for them. I've always been a fan of the style, even as a kid. I see nothing wrong with adapting the style to newer cars, though some will just never look right, or comfortable in that style. More power to those who try something different. And by different, I mean, different to what they've been doing.

Comment

looks horrible..if i wanted a ride that looked like this, ill just go to the junkyard and see if i can buy a JUNKED car

Comment

figured i would make it easier and just add the photos here...
            Because they are beautiful.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
              figured i would make it easier and just add the photos here...
              Because they are beautiful.

disgusting..trend or no tread, bandwagon or not its horrible.. taking a prefectly new car and destroying it with a style that was back in the 50's
              keep it to the old-skool guys

Comment

I dont understand this.....

lets make our cars look as shitty as we can,put steelies on it,and spray paint it?
                Last edited by JDMchristian991; 01-27-2009, 10:14 AM.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I'm not a fan of this at all. Its fugly....

Its like a person giving themself aids.

Comment

The Old School Cars Look Good With The Rat Rod Styling But They Totaly Fucked Up The Look When They Tryed It On The Newer Cars...

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Heres a couple of links:

http://germanbrutal.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=803

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=612664

Comment

i guess it's a relief to see that some of the old school has rubbed off on the younger generation....

i have painted over 20,000 cars, and when you paint day in and day out, something about this is so appealing...

i am not saying every car should be done this way, but i will not go out of my way to make fun of someone because they choose this style, vs, body kits or JDM or stock,,,,

to think that our society would be so dogmatic to a new breed of designs..... well it dissapoints me... i thought more of everyone here was all for everyone doing what they like..
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

I'd rock that.

Comment

Its art. there is no right or wrong. it just is.

its about time a new trend came around that wasnt jdm or some ugly battykit

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i geuss i am not feeling it, the focus is not a rat rod, it just someone with a rusted hood

Comment

If I had a vw it would look like that too, only because it would be sitting in my backyard for the rest of its life. Rust is a natural look with vw's.

Comment

Working...
                                X