Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6/f22a4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6/f22a4

i bought a f22a4 from one of my friends but i had the a6 in my cb7 can i use the same ecu and the same wire harness

Swap the f22a6 cam and intake manifold to the f22a4 and yes you can use the same ECU and wire harness. If you dont then you need a pt3 ecu but you can still use the same wire harness

Comment

f22a4/f22a6

thats the only things i need to swap over to the a4 for it to work right. and thanks for the help bro

Comment

Yes. Don't forget to do simple maintence like replacing the timing belt or water pump while the engine is off the car. It will save you alot of time since its off the car and easy to get to.

Comment

f22a4/f22a6

ok thanks for the tips

Comment

also swap the exhaust manifold. the a4 will be a 4 into 1, whereas the a6 is a 4-2-1, which is basically a factory header. That's part of what makes the a6 have 10 more HP over the a4 and a1.

Comment

now sorry about the thread jacking here but i have a pt3 on my JDM F22A am i holding back the "power" from the PT6 will i feel the difference?

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                now sorry about the thread jacking here but i have a pt3 on my JDM F22A am i holding back the "power" from the PT6 will i feel the difference?
                yes because the butterflys arnt 0pening its gasping f0r air.

0p..als0 use the 0il pickup windige trayin the 0il pan.als0 the valve springs and retainers are str0nger its n0t nessacary but might as well utalize the a6 while u g0t it.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  also swap the exhaust manifold. the a4 will be a 4 into 1, whereas the a6 is a 4-2-1, which is basically a factory header. That's part of what makes the a6 have 10 more HP over the a4 and a1.

The a4 header is actually the more header like of the two, it's made from tubular steel and also a 4.2.1 design, whereas the a6 is a cast manifold.
                  i doubt it is much of a part of the 10 hp, that comes from the secondary IM runners and the slightly wilder camshaft in the a6

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                  Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                  yes because the butterflys arnt 0pening its gasping f0r air.

0p..als0 use the 0il pickup windige trayin the 0il pan.als0 the valve springs and retainers are str0nger its n0t nessacary but might as well utalize the a6 while u g0t it.
                  Yes, but not because the butterflies are shut. They aren't. The default position for the butterflies is open. Vacuum causes them to shut at lower RPMs, and then opens them up as rpms increase and vacuum bleeds off. The pt3 doesn't have the correct fuel and timing maps to take advantage of the extra airflow and bigger cam in the JDM f22a. You'd be better off with the pt6.

Go buy a keyboard, they cost 2 bucks at a thrift store. Reading 0 instead of o is annoying as hell.

Comment

so i have an a4 and am planning on doing the a6 cam swap with the a6 intake manifold as well. So as I understand it i will need the intake, cam, valve springs, pt6 ecu and said parts gaskets. anything else? (throtle body)

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      The a4 header is actually the more header like of the two, it's made from tubular steel and also a 4.2.1 design, whereas the a6 is a cast manifold. I doubt it is much of a part of the 10 hp, that comes from the secondary IM runners and the slightly wilder camshaft in the a6
                      The A4 exhaust manifold and flex pipe was essentially the only difference between an A1 and A4, which accounted for 5 HP more for the EX with A4.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Don't waste your time with the valve springs.

Comment

Can't he just transfer the head over and not mess with anything else other than IM and ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            Don't waste your time with the valve springs.
                            F22A

This engine series was used in the Honda Accord and Honda Prelude S. Aside from differences in tuning, these engines are substantially similar.

[edit] Specifications
                            Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
                            Displacement: 2156 cc
                            Valve configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, non-VTEC
                            Compression ratio: 8.8:1
                            Max power: F22A1: 125 hp (93.21 4 kW) @ 5200 rpm. (Accord DX, LX). The 1992–1996 Prelude S had a F22A1 but because of a different more aggressively tuned ECU (P12), the power output was 135 hp (100 kW).
                            F22A3: 150 hp (110 4 kW) European domestic market engine, with more power due to less strict emission standards.
                            F22A4: 130 hp (96.94 kW) @ 5200 rpm. (Accord EX) The F22A4 is the same motor as the F22A1 but it has slightly more power due to a tubular designed header and slightly bigger exhaust piping.
                            F22A6: 140 hp (104.40 kW) @ 5600 rpm. The F22A6 is the same as the F22A1 except for a slightly more aggressive camshaft, a better flowing cast exhaust manifold, a different more aggressively tuned ECU (PT6), and a different intake manifold that utilizes IAB's and also has a bigger plenum. The F22A6 also has a windage tray in the oil pan, and stiffer valve springs to accommodate the more aggressive camshaft. In cars with an automatic transmission there is an oil cooler present on the back of the block as well.
                            F22A7: 150 hp (110 4 kW) European domestic market engine, with more power due to less strict emission standards. (uses PT4, obd1 ecu) .Compression ratio: 9.8:1

Max torque: F22A1: 137 lb·ft (186 N m) @ 4000 rpm
                            F22A4: 142 lb·ft (193 N m) @ 4000 rpm
                            F22A6: 142 lb·ft (193 N m) @ 4500 rpm
                            F22A7: 145 lb·ft (198 N m) @ 5000 rpm
                            ^^^^^^^
                            Wikipedia says that the valve springs are stiffer. This would be my reason for asking about them. Is there any place to find out if this is true? If so I cant find it. Anyone know? thanks

Comment

They are stiffer. There is also a verified difference in spring height. Tippey764 is not suggesting that there is no difference. He is simply implying that it is not worth the effort required to swap the springs over. While it is easy to get the F22A6 springs off of a donor engine you need the head off of the engine in which the springs will be installed. That's a lot of work required for a gain that may be negligible. After 20 years the higher spring rates may not be what they once were. That being said, when I replaced my F22A6 with a good core a few months ago I swapped every single F22A6 part over to the new engine, including the valve springs. I had the head off, though, which made it a much easier decision.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X