Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G23/g22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know my arguments by now...

Comment

itl drop u probably to 11:6:1 or so..

but.. you can go lower..

get a .078 cometic headgasekt.. and ull drop it into the 10s... boost friendly FTW..

and mike.. hush j00 mouf..lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

If the bottom end is built, then that eliminates the issue of a low-revving, low-compression, tired stock F22 bottom end. If the bore size has been made to match the H22 head, that's even better. Honestly, it's not much different from a resleeved H22 block in that case. Of course, if it's still running stock F22 sleeves, then it won't hold up to TOO much abuse. Not like some strong Darton or GE sleeves.

However, my beef with that would be the block guard. I wouldn't trust a block guard, as they are reputed to warp cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
          itl drop u probably to 11:6:1 or so..

but.. you can go lower..

get a .078 cometic headgasekt.. and ull drop it into the 10s... boost friendly FTW..

and mike.. hush j00 mouf..lol
          10s would be too high for me IMO unless it was like maybe 10.3:1 or less. I wouldn't want to do a turbo project unless I could run at least 1 bar of boost. I mean yeah it's a built block, but at more than 10:1 I don't know....although it would be great to have power when not in boost, and allows for a bigger turbo to keep me screaming from mid to top end. I'll give it some thought. I could call Arias and get a price for some 9:1 in 86 bore.

Originally posted by deevergote
          If the bottom end is built, then that eliminates the issue of a low-revving, low-compression, tired stock F22 bottom end. If the bore size has been made to match the H22 head, that's even better. Honestly, it's not much different from a resleeved H22 block in that case. Of course, if it's still running stock F22 sleeves, then it won't hold up to TOO much abuse. Not like some strong Darton or GE sleeves.

However, my beef with that would be the block guard. I wouldn't trust a block guard, as they are reputed to warp cylinders.
          I'm pretty sure wed3k put it there for a reason. Besides, closed deck is usually better for boost. I guess I could throw in some Darton iron liners for some added strength....
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Ok. Good luck!

Comment

yea it warps cylinders because people dont re-hone after installation. there's quite a bit interference fit with those blockguards and a seasoned block.

darton sleeves would be the next cheapest as they are only 50/sleeve. MID's are expensive and overkill most of the time.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

damn...................... soooo.........

wedk's block, h head, 11.7comp, f23 HG, chrome, m2b4, one bad MOFO engine
                and still be in the fsae club
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

And here I thought maybe your lady was dropping some knowledge...

Comment

What most dip shits call a g23 is a h/f hybrid and it can be a torque monster and the highest n/a hp honda hydrid out there for the best price. This is what you do if your serious about it: H22A type s head, F23 Block and K20 pistons. If done right It can be done for under $1900 has a 11.5:1 compression ratio 260BHP and 200LB-FT. I have a close friend who did it and he has been running for a long time now and it has had no problems with it at all other then un-necessary wheel spin at times hahaha jk

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                      damn...................... soooo.........

wedk's block, h head, 11.7comp, f23 HG, chrome, m2b4, one bad MOFO engine
                      and still be in the fsae club
                      Even if I put a H22 head on it?

We gotta do something about that C/R though.....not boost friendly at all. Gotta get it down to say at least 10.4:1 We may have to negotiate price minus the pistons....
                      Last edited by Joey GT-R; 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

stop being cheap and get a custom headgasket already.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          ^good point because I have tried the h23 headgasket with my f22 h22 combo It had some good surface cover, but it wasn't perfect
                          New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            And here I thought maybe your lady was dropping some knowledge...
                            ........................... dont.... know... what you... are talking about, deevergote

Originally posted by mikezzh22acb7 View Post
                            What most dip shits call a g23 is a h/f hybrid and it can be a torque monster and the highest n/a hp honda hydrid out there for the best price. This is what you do if your serious about it: H22A type s head, F23 Block and K20 pistons. If done right It can be done for under $1900 has a 11.5:1 compression ratio 260BHP and 200LB-FT. I have a close friend who did it and he has been running for a long time now and it has had no problems with it at all other then un-necessary wheel spin at times hahaha jk
                            mine didnt get done, because i felt $350 for .25 rsx type s rings was a little too much, those same $350 is what built my motor including HG, bearings, rings etc, also the hyrbid can be done for less than $1000, and those numbers are fake
                            i mean, round BHP numbers?
                            no cams?
                            no way p5p cams will put out 200lb-ft
                            239-246bhp, and 189-197lb-ft would be more realistic

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                            Even if I put a H22 head on it?

We gotta do something about that C/R though.....not boost friendly at all. Gotta get it down to say at least 10.4:1 We may have to negotiate price minus the pistons....
                            evo pistons......................... end of subject
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              I dunno....still C/R will be mad high, unless they could prove it would be below 10.4:1.

Originally posted by PR CB7
                              evo pistons......................... end of subject
                              I'm not too big on Evo pistons...How many people have used them and they actually worked?
                              Last edited by Joey GT-R; 12-14-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                                I dunno....still C/R will be mad high, unless they could prove it would be below 10.4:1.

I'm not too big on Evo pistons...How many people have used them and they actually worked?
                                Enough to make it a serious consideration.
                                750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                                realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Working...
                                X