Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G23/g22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
    This dude is such a hater the guy just wants to know what he needs!! He didnt ask u for ur negativity if he wants to put a geo metro motor in his car let it be it r u paying for his parts or
    labor???????? Nooo right rhen just answer the damm question

You're one to talk. We told you repeatedly what you needed to do with your main bearings in the oil pressure thread you started and you argued until you were blue in the face. You wanted to believe that there was a scenario in which you could take a part that is manufactured to exact tolerances and has been damaged and just toss a new one in and everything be fine. As far as we're concerned, people on here won't do anything with good advice anyway. Not to mention you've now spread your cancerous false opinion into other threads knocking the weak nature of the H22A because of a problem you're ignoring.

I don't agree with the swap mentioned in this thread one bit. There are much better ways to achieve the benefits that one would receive from the longer stroke while still retaining a good design. It's popularity is predicated on people being cheap and not smart. I know others have had "success" with it but that doesn't make it right.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
      This dude is such a hater the guy just wants to know what he needs!! He didnt ask u for ur negativity if he wants to put a geo metro motor in his car let it be it r u paying for his parts or
      labor???????? Nooo right rhen just answer the damm question
      I did answer the damn question. I explained exactly why it is a bad idea to do what the OP is asking about (nearly a year ago... why the hell was this thread revived anyway?)
      Engines are precise, mechanical, mathematical things. People keep asking over and over if halfassing things will get them what they want, and those that actually know what they are talking about continually tell them that it will not. Yet they keep asking, expecting the answer to change. Telling the truth isn't being negative. Custom engine building isn't all lollipops and rainbows. You have to know what you're doing to do it properly, and if you know what you're doing, you're not making threads like this. Period. There ARE people that can make such hybrid engines work (PR CB7, for example... though I know he's blown up at least one...) but those people don't make "can I do this?" threads.

There is a certain wisdom that comes with years of experience. Sadly, the naive beginners are often unwilling to realize the truth in the words of those that have been around for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I did answer the damn question. I explained exactly why it is a bad idea to do what the OP is asking about (nearly a year ago... why the hell was this thread revived anyway?)
        Engines are precise, mechanical, mathematical things. People keep asking over and over if halfassing things will get them what they want, and those that actually know what they are talking about continually tell them that it will not. Yet they keep asking, expecting the answer to change. Telling the truth isn't being negative. Custom engine building isn't all lollipops and rainbows. You have to know what you're doing to do it properly, and if you know what you're doing, you're not making threads like this. Period. There ARE people that can make such hybrid engines work (PR CB7, for example... though I know he's blown up at least one...) but those people don't make "can I do this?" threads.

There is a certain wisdom that comes with years of experience. Sadly, the naive beginners are often unwilling to realize the truth in the words of those that have been around for quite some time.
        amen

Comment

I am nice. I'm saving this fool lots of time and money before he blows it all on an engine that's not worth building!
          Its worth it. IF you have other used engines(that are down and out) to just make something useful out of, like most people that did "f/h hybrid"g-series" builds. Seeking to just buy engine parts and build one is kind of a waste, because by the time you source everything and get the machine work done you could have bought a worn out H and resleeved it.

Some of the guys that did this build also WORK at machine shops or know friends that work there.

Id love to do one but why invest so much time in something that I don't have parts for. If I cam across an H engine for super cheap I could build one as I have a spare F block, but Id just rebuild the H O.o. By the time I got all the work done and shit needed Id have more hours in it than if I just worked one of my jobs a little more. Honestly I'd come out ahead by letting someone else do the work and just paying them.

Its weird that this has gotten a cult following, and kind of funny that it was coined a "g series" even though a "g" already existed.

So true. Experience is something that cannot be told it must be obtained by letting someone do it themselves, be it they fail or succeed. But we told ya so

Sorry my 2 cents is so late in this game

Comment

Agreed. If you just happen to have spare engine parts lying around, and a project car to play with... fine. If you have friends that can hook you up with machine work, even better.

But a lot of people see an H22 head on ebay for $75, and think they can build a budget H22 by just doing a headswap, instead of spending $1000+ on a proper full engine swap.
            Those people plan on doing it to their only car. Their daily driver. The car that gets them to work, school, grandma's house, etc... In that case, it's a VERY bad idea.

Hybrid engines (don't call it a "G22"... there is a G series, and it has 5 cylinders.) aren't reliable projects, ESPECIALLY for a beginner. They're fine if you're just playing around and experimenting, or using random parts you just happen to have collecting dust in the garage or basement... but it's not a viable performance upgrade if you're noob enough to make a thread like this.

Comment

but it's not a viable performance upgrade if you're noob enough to make a thread like this.
              Right on.

What people miss is suspension, always focusing on power, as if hondas are drag cars. Then sticking too large of a rim on.

I run 15" rims. Id only upside if I had to if I put on larger rotors.. which wouldn't happen before I went to an 11.8 up front and 28mm thick, which would probably solve fade issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
                Right on.

What people miss is suspension, always focusing on power, as if hondas are drag cars. Then sticking too large of a rim on.

I run 15" rims. Id only upside if I had to if I put on larger rotors.. which wouldn't happen before I went to an 11.8 up front and 28mm thick, which would probably solve fade issues.
                WOW......
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                  WOW......
                  Tis true. You'll often see kids putting on huge rims with wide low pro tires. Which pushes he wheel weight out further and takes more energy to accel/decel. Even at the same rpm tire or a close match, it just hurts performance.

It's like giving a 10 year old child a 26" touring bike and expecting him to ride it as fast as his smaler 20" bike. Poor kid wont have the power to take advantage of the new bike.

Also smaller rims are significantly lighter, and cheaper. My 15x6.5 traklites wrapped in 195/60r general tire altimax hp tires weigh about 26-27lbs per wheel. Where my stock aluminum rims with falken ze 912's weighed 36-37 lbs. Thats a signifigant difference in weight for the exact same rim/tire setup. Try to get that weight with a 16 or 17 inch rim config.

Comment

the reason for the wow, is the incredible topic change you just iniciated
                    were talking about a hybrid engine

the suspension section is a few sections underneath this one
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Even I don't drag threads off topic that bad!

Comment

Working...
                      X