Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G23/g22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pebojelly View Post
    Thats not a great idea.
    If you have a bottom end and want to boost it I would say sell the built bottom and take a stock with a set of turbo pistons,chrome rings gaped for boost.
    Block girdle and arp ins for your rods and mains.
    Really? so basiclly building twice? why? when a headgasket can solve the compression issue.. which isnt really an issue depending on how big your balls are.. and how well the car is tuned..

No real need for a street car to have any real head work with a snail.You can make big power with a proper tune and a set up like this is not all that expensive.
    its not needed.. but does help alot.. especially with making more power per psi = added longevity for the build

If money is the hold up find a small turbo from a junk yard,bigger is not better when it comes to boost.You want the power to be there at a lower rpm,so a gt35r is way to big and will not be ideal for your f.

seriously? im not even gonna answer that...
    Local guy runs a k03 on a custom mani and a eBay IC and piping with 750cc injectors and a good dyno tune and this car is sick.
    betcha a gt35r powered F will run a train on your k03 hot air breathing wagon

Boost is almost on demand.Spools at low rpms and works perfect for his car as a daily.
    this just in.. for a daily driver you want insta-boost..... NOT.. back to you jim...
    Out runs s2k's and plenty of other boosted cars all the time.Great thing is it's a wagon cb.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yeah, he doesn't really know what he's talking about...

Though insta-boost usually comes with a small turbo, and for a daily driver, you really don't want a little snail nuking your engine!

Comment

Carlos took the words right out of my mouth....

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Wow this thread is cut throat lol.

Ill leave now.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            STUPID fucking idea.

Why would you want a low-compression H22 with a 6500 RPM redline?
            Not to mention the difference in bore size, which will result in detonation-inducing hot spots...

Plus, you can't make a G series using H and F parts. The G series has 5 cylinders.
            You sure do bash on hybrids alot. Why is that everyone claims the f22/f23 bottom ends can only rev to 6500 rpm? Where is it etched in stone that they are low reving engines? Its not, if you build them correctly they can make alot of power and be very reliable. The thing is people see that you can mate them together, they take there f22 that has 200k on it slap a h22 head on it and try to rev it to 7500 rpm and its slow and breaks. That is ignorance. Build it correctly and they are very strong. I have personally seen a 97mm f23 crank and rod bottom end spin to 8.5k rpm and actually make power. Yes stock rods and stock rod bolts. No it did not make 1 dyno run and blow up, it is daily driven and tracked alot. Then engine has been together for almost 2 years. I am not the only one who has had success alot of people have. It comes down to how well you build it.The f22 is capable of way more and many people have show that. Im not trying to bash you man its just misinformation like that is what causes people not to persue these swaps.

Comment

YOU have the knowledge and experience to build it and have some semblance of reliability.

However, YOU are not saying "wut hed can i slap on mah 200k mile block so i can haz a cheep h22?"

If you know how to build an engine to be reliable, you can argue against what I have to say until we're both blue in the face. If you do not know what you are doing, then my argument will persuade you NOT to waste your time and money building something beyond your ability.

Experience is a big factor. However, I don't put that into my arguments, becasue every noob thinks that they're an expert because they read a few forum posts and installed a short ram intake.

Bottom line... if you know what you're doing, you don't create these threads. If you don't create these threads, you don't get that response from me.

And please... I know you're new, and I know you do indeed know a thing or two about these cars... but don't go digging up every "frankenstein" thread just to argue with me in every one of them. You've said it. Leave it, and move on. Contribute your arguments to the next new frank thread that comes along... trust me, we'll have another one, maybe 3, within the next 5 days, I assure you. Digging up old threads just to raise your post count is becoming obvious.

Comment

YOU have the knowledge and experience to build it and have some semblance of reliability.

However, YOU are not saying "wut hed can i slap on mah 200k mile block so i can haz a cheep h22?"

If you know how to build an engine to be reliable, you can argue against what I have to say until we're both blue in the face. If you do not know what you are doing, then my argument will persuade you NOT to waste your time and money building something beyond your ability.

Experience is a big factor. However, I don't put that into my arguments, becasue every noob thinks that they're an expert because they read a few forum posts and installed a short ram intake.

Bottom line... if you know what you're doing, you don't create these threads. If you don't create these threads, you don't get that response from me.

And please... I know you're new, and I know you do indeed know a thing or two about these cars... but don't go digging up every "frankenstein" thread just to argue with me in every one of them. You've said it. Leave it, and move on. Contribute your arguments to the next new frank thread that comes along... trust me, we'll have another one, maybe 3, within the next 5 days, I assure you. Digging up old threads just to raise your post count is becoming obvious.
                I completely respect you and you knowledge with cars/engines dont get that wrong.Also, look at the reply I just posted on the other frank thread. I am not digging up every thread on it just simply clicked new posts and went from there. I did indeed post on other matters also.

Comment

so at the end of the day.. some are saying its not worth the money doing the frankenstein conversion g22.. and if you wanted a boosted cb7.. to just boost the f22 or h22 w/ sleeves? i just want a cheap alternative as the f22 is in the accord and if by doing a simple head swap and tuning is all thats needed then i'll head down that path.. otherwise back to drawing boards of sleeving a h22..

Comment

It is not worth the time or money. The F22's stock iron sleeves are no better than the H22's FRM sleeves. Doing a headswap will result in your cylinder bore being smaller than your combustion chamber diameter, which will put a sharp ridge right in the blast zone... just asking for detonation. A blown motor is not a cheap alternative to anything!
                    Either build an H22, or save the money and build the F22. The F22A has a ton of potential, and the head can flow as well as just about any other 90s-era Honda head (H22, B16, B18, etc...) when properly modified. A properly boosted F22A can give you more power than you'll need in a FWD street car.

Comment

what do you guys think about an f22a6 with a f23 bottom end or better yet an f23 bottom end with the K20 pistons?
                      I think it's a cheap upgrade, the block $50, the pistons maybe as low as $420 new, and the head gaskets (which I might have laying around) $35-50. And of course we all have the f22a head with upgrades disposable to us

Comment

You'd still be dealing with a different bore/chamber diameter, so that would have to be addressed. I believe you could widen the combustion chamber area of the head to make it work, though quality machine work isn't cheap. To really make it worthwhile, you'd want to modify the head. That, of course, would result in power being made higher in the RPM range... which would mean forged rods should be used to handle the added stress.

Even a budget project like this is going to cost some money to really do it right. To ensure that you have the most reliable motor, the best thing to do (in my opinion, anyway) is leave the engineering of the block/head to the guys at Honda, and just add aftermarket parts that are known to work with a full engine.

Mahle Gold Series pistons for an H22 aren't very expensive at all, and they work with the FRM sleeves.

Comment

It is not worth the time or money. The F22's stock iron sleeves are no better than the H22's FRM sleeves. Doing a headswap will result in your cylinder bore being smaller than your combustion chamber diameter, which will put a sharp ridge right in the blast zone... just asking for detonation. A blown motor is not a cheap alternative to anything!
                          Either build an H22, or save the money and build the F22. The F22A has a ton of potential, and the head can flow as well as just about any other 90s-era Honda head (H22, B16, B18, etc...) when properly modified. A properly boosted F22A can give you more power than you'll need in a FWD street car.
                          yeah looks like it might be easier to stick with a forged bottom end (sleeves, pistons and rods) and just cram some boost into her and see how she handles it. Just thought of the f22 idea as it was a solution to not have to buy sleeves for the h22 bottom..

Comment

I am nice. I'm saving this fool lots of time and money before he blows it all on an engine that's not worth building!
                            This dude is such a hater the guy just wants to know what he needs!! He didnt ask u for ur negativity if he wants to put a geo metro motor in his car let it be it r u paying for his parts or
                            labor???????? Nooo right rhen just answer the damm question

Comment

He might not be paying for the parts, but he's paying for you to post here
                              He has a different opinion about this subject and I respect it

On the other hand, my g22 has over 6k miles on it, runs on 87 octane, and rapes any stock block g22's
                              I have dohc vtec, not that vtec on intake bullshit, and overall I'm happy with my shit
                              My car kept up with a full bolt-on jdm h22 from the dig till the end of 3rd, it has the tq a stock h needs, and its really fun to drive

My new setup made 180, it made 8whp more with p39 pistons, compression should be around 9-9.5 and again runs on 87 oct
                              Overall what I love the most is I can fill up my tank with $42 and still get 410@tank on a m2b4

Again, I will never be as fast as a healthy H22, but will always be faster than any SOHC head period
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
                                This dude is such a hater the guy just wants to know what he needs!! He didnt ask u for ur negativity if he wants to put a geo metro motor in his car let it be it r u paying for his parts or
                                labor???????? Nooo right rhen just answer the damm question
                                .......HAHAH...........^ you must be new here. LOL .... CB7Tuner.com has saved me WAY more then just some pocket change.. id take the advice and discard the negativity and you and your car will profit.

Iv heard of ppl taking f22b bottem h22a top boosting and makeing decent numbers but im not a frankenstien kind of guy.
                                Last edited by tutsuo; 08-01-2012, 01:28 PM.
                                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X