Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G23/g22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that 174 was the most we were able to squeeze out, tuned on the vehicle of the video tuned, its the same way a h22a on a p13 make 164 and 185 on a basic tune

give in deev the G is calling you
    i really dont want to take this off topic than it already has
    there's a couple of memebers with this setup, it has been done, and it works period.

missinformed cb owners that think this forum has the answers to all the stupid questions they have to ask is another thing

im still a f series enthusiasts though
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

It CAN work. But usually not in the hands of someone that says "yo wut do i need 2 put da h hed on da f blok?"
      I don't ever recall seeing you asking to be taught from the ground up how to build one... or lodollar... or wikked... or anyone else that has had a moderate level of success (and most have blown things up, or done considerable modifications to make it work reliably...)

Basically, I can tell YOU why I think it sucks, and you can pose a valid argument based on actual knowledge. If you can't defend the "G22" against my attacks... then you shouldn't be trying to build one.

Comment

id rather stick to non vtec as well.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well lets just say...make sure you have plenty of money and time to do it CORRECTLY...I just gave up and dropped a f22b dohc head on instead...I still have my h22 head with welded oil ports in my garage..it is just sitting there
          New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

It CAN work. But usually not in the hands of someone that says "yo wut do i need 2 put da h hed on da f blok?"
            I don't ever recall seeing you asking to be taught from the ground up how to build one... or lodollar... or wikked... or anyone else that has had a moderate level of success (and most have blown things up, or done considerable modifications to make it work reliably...)

Basically, I can tell YOU why I think it sucks, and you can pose a valid argument based on actual knowledge. If you can't defend the "G22" against my attacks... then you shouldn't be trying to build one.
            yes i understand the point
            also the fact that to accoplish building a motor like that, you need to have the skills to build an engine first.
            but the idea nor the motor is a waste of time
            if you have a block thats over 250K miles and its never been opened, you shouldnt even be trying to take it past 6k to begin with

the reason my old motor blew was: abuse
            i started with a longblock f22a1 from the owner of the accord in the video
            a pre abused block, then it got into my hands...
            swapped a ported f22a with a f22a jdm cam, drove to atl meet, spent 2-3 hours on that mountain pass, got to afm and came back
            afm 09 got tired of seeing the VC, and swapped the head
            drove down to afm again and came back
            got my DL suspended so after that the motor didnt see much daily driving just only abuse, and abuse and abuse, track, abuse, track....

after the m2b4 swap it was doomed, no more peg leg burnouts, better 0-60 etc
            only then it started smoking a little, then it started smoking more, and before it got worse i decided to stop. when done right its just a normal motor, just has vtec
            i change the oil on it like a regular motor, i change the sparkplugs like aregular motor, i can run on 87 octane like on a normal motor and i beat on it, and beat on it and it hasnt broken or smoked yet
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

if you have a block thats over 250K miles and its never been opened, you shouldnt even be trying to take it past 6k to begin with

says who??

ROFL..

when TEckert DROVE his car down here to have the hybrid performed.. it had roughly 201k on the ticker..
              then he DROVE it and BEAT it.. and RACED it..for about a year.. before i got it..

i..D-R-O-V-E it down from SC to FL..beat on it for a year.. then finally i spun a bearing.. (i got cocky with my rev limit lol).

so 2yrs of abuse on a 200k plus block.. smells pure reliability to me..

and your statement is valid mike..about someone who cant speak the talk or walk the footsteps..shouldnt attempt this.. doesnt mean they cant fork over the coin to have it done..

everyone seems to look at the lower compression as a downside.. i looke at it as forced induction friendlynes.. weither it be boosted or spray..and if you were that serious about having better compression.. milled head and thinner hg = back up in CR..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

If I'm going to boost my car, I'll do it without swapping heads. A bone stock F22A head can make more power than anyone would need on the street in a daily driven FWD car.

If you don't know what you're doing, and you can't afford your project to blow up on you... there's no good reason to risk the H/F hybrid. The gains are minimal (Oscar's claims of 175whp or whatever are idiotic... full H22s with a higher compression ratio don't make that...) The risk is greater... due to the difference in bore size, partially... but largely due to a) the block condition, and b) the builder's experience level. That is a LOT of fairly custom work for someone that has never rebuilt an engine before. AND, those that know how to rebuild engines generally aren't the ones that ask for someone to hold their hand in building a hybrid. Carlos, you didn't... Oscar never did. Lodollar didn't...

As for forking over the cash to have someone else do it... Why? That would bring the total cost pretty damn close to a full H22 swap, wouldn't it?

Comment

I totally agree with deev on this one when comes to calling the Hybrid a "G-xx...whatever". It sounds very ignorant and annoying. It's almost like the samething here in jamaica.

I was having a convo with some guys about my friends '99 civic which we had done an auto to 5-spd conversion (keep in mind we were standing in front of the car with the bonnet open). In the midst of the conversation upon which they already know that the car is now manual, i was answering a question as to which one of the transmissions we used. I said " We bought a S40 transmission".

Right there and then, two of them wanted to correct me by saying " you mean gearbox...*pointing at the S40* thats not a transmission".

I'm thinking to myself...are they retarded or can't read?
                  I said "it's more or less the samething just different types. When your studying to go for your driver's license. The book specifically says two types of transmissions Manual and automatic. Even in video games (perfect example gran turismo) when they give you what type of control system you want to use, it says auto or manual. When your buying a car or if your looking through a car catalog, it states AT or MT<---(WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN TO YOU?! shit-for-brains!".

I'm not saying your wrong but....
                  I tell you the right thing and you want to correct me? go back to school...

Trust me, if your a stickler for standard english or not used to jamaican dialect, I'm sorry for you. We have some ways of saying things which sounds so ignorant, that to the outsider...you would think we're down right stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_G_engine

The Honda G series engine is an inline 5 cylinder gasoline engine, originally used in the 1992 Acura Vigor, Honda Raf@ga, Honda Ascot and Honda Inspire. It carried over to the Vigor's successor the 2.5TL, which ran from 1995-1998.

Some people colloquially refer to an F-series block (found on Accords) with an H-Series head (found on Preludes) as a G-series engine. This combination of an Accord bottom end with a Prelude head has nothing in common with the actual G-series engine.

[edit] Specifications

Type: In-line 5 cylinder, aluminum block and head
                  Valve Configuration: SOHC, with 4 valves per cylinder

G20A1
                  Displacement: 1,990 cc (121 cu in)

G25A1
                  Displacement: 2,451 cc (149.6 cu in)
                  Bore: 85.0 mm (3.35 in)
                  Stroke: 86.40 mm (3.402 in)
                  Compression ratio: 9.0:1
                  Max Power: 176 hp (131 kW) @ 6300 rpm
                  Max Torque: 170 ft·lbf (230 N·m) @3900
                  Redline: 6800 rpm
                  Fuel Cutoff: 7100 rpm

Go figure
                  Last edited by jamaicancb3; 12-07-2010, 07:46 PM.
                  '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    STUPID fucking idea.

Why would you want a low-compression H22 with a 6500 RPM redline?
                    Not to mention the difference in bore size, which will result in detonation-inducing hot spots...

Plus, you can't make a G series using H and F parts. The G series has 5 cylinders.

^^^ The only reason I even opened this thread... I knew Deev would throw in his $.02, didn't expect it to the the second post though... You're on the ball Deev!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I was having a bad night.

Comment

i thought that was the normal you?

&

a good calm response was a fucked up night?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I normally don't start cursing at people until at least the 3rd or 4th post in a thread!
                          The points are valid, though.

You see, everyone expects to slap together a hybrid and end up with a "budget H22"... and that's not what you get.

That would be like me saying "well, I ate steak for dinner last night, so maybe if I shit on a bun tonight, I'll have a hamburger!"

Comment

you my friend.. need to run for president.. im sure you could come up with ways to recycle the stupidest shit..

that was a good laugh sir...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I have more books of stupid sayings published than W ever dreamed of.

Comment

I got a question....

So wed3k is willing to sell me his built F22 block. It's 12:1 Arias Pistons and Eagle Rods and a blockguard. It's also bored to 86mm. I was thinking maybe trying to mate it to my H22 head I have lying around. (Or better yet Gtseviper's since it's already swap ready.) Does anybody know how to calculate the new C/R? I believe the H has a bigger CC than an F so I know it wouldn't be 12:1. Depending on the new compression that might be nice enough for a boost build. Or since the new bore is 86mm, perhaps swapping in some K20 pistons instead?

Let me know your thoughts.

Deev feel free to bash.
                                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                                X