Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G23/g22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, but at that bore are they going to fit? And since I'm not a DSM lover(well maybe a lil.....) I wouldn't even know the first place to go.

EDIT- Nevermind......

But still, how low would the new compression be? It's not going into a straight F22, the H22 head has to play some part to the new numbers. Probably still would need some high compression valves to get it to a level that's acceptable.
    Last edited by Joey GT-R; 12-14-2010, 07:49 PM.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      Okay, but at that bore are they going to fit? And since I'm not a DSM lover(well maybe a lil.....) I wouldn't even know the first place to go.

EDIT- Nevermind......

But still, how low would the new compression be? It's not going into a straight F22, the H22 head has to play some part to the new numbers. Probably still would need some high compression valves to get it to a level that's acceptable.
      Search ashb on HT.
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

How is the old girl these days?

Dogbox still holding up??

and to OP...

definetly consider the evo setup..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

if considering doing a h/f combo, why not stay simple and follow advice instead of experimenting, the engine is kind of complicated enough for some

you need to determine, your budget

f22x block-$150
          h22 head+ componets-$300-$350
          hone and pistons pressed-$150-$200
          block guard-$50
          gaskets and bearings-$100-$150

with around $1000, you'll have a boost ready build that will put out 300-350hp, with good turbo components and a dedicated tuner, you'll see a higher number

i doubt you can get a better hp/price ratio than that, 350hp might not seem to big for some, but if you think like cb7 w snail that thinks 357hp will put him in the 12s, ill be happy as fuck to do 12s with $1000
          again keep it simple, i would like to see this on the road, and not a 25 page build and still not running
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

1. with the H head on the F block you WILL have oil leaks/seepage, because the gasket doesnt line up correctly.

2. "Block gaurd-$50". Just take your $50 and throw it away, same results.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

and 357whp and $1000 will NOT put you in the 12's. plan on another $1500 for suspension/traction bars/slicks/wheels.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

mike you forgot...

Most important upgrade..

Driver mod

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

no i said with my nitrous project, a fully built top end and bottom end 357 hp f22a1 and built h22 tranny, full race suspension, and good slicks. i could reach 12's.
                  Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 12-15-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                    1. with the H head on the F block you WILL have oil leaks/seepage, because the gasket doesnt line up correctly.

2. "Block gaurd-$50". Just take your $50 and throw it away, same results.
                    meh, pinning the block is better but the block guard does a little bit as long as it doesnt wander within the cooling jackets.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if you crack a sleeve with 350whp it was tuned wrong. 400 on stock sleeves with a good tune is obtainable.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

So where did your head gasket come from Mr.G22King? Custom? Please let us know.....Otherwise I guess I'm going to have to call Mr.Mahle and Mr.Manley......which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Try calling Mr.Cometic.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

[QUOTE=LoDollar92LX;2683673]1. with the H head on the F block you WILL have oil leaks/seepage, because the gasket doesnt line up correctly.

eeeeehhhhhh......... no

f22 HG and timing sides intake and exhaust side drains plugged will take care of the leak
                            i never had hg leaking oil with the drains blocked
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Right you plug up the oil orifices in the H22 head with some bolts and lock tight and grind em down till flush right? Or are you referring to another set of holes elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                                Right you plug up the oil orifices in the H22 head with some bolts and lock tight and grind em down till flush right? Or are you referring to another set of holes elsewhere?
                                As my 10+ years mechanic brother stated..."oil is a hell of thing"...I had the two oil drain port on the drivers side welded. Then, I had the head resurfaced...still sitting in the garage as dead weight waiting for the taking
                                New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                                tsx retrofit
                                f22b dohc boosted
                                custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Working...
                                X