Body gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body gaps

So my swap is complete and I've successfully wired up my fogs but as I went to put my bumper back on, the fitment was entirely screwed! I mean the ENTIRE front end is like...off. My passenger headlight sticks out past the hood by a few cm almost an inch. My grill sticks out as well, my drivers side light is fine. My passenger corner light is a little out of whack. My entire bumper is misaligned as well. I cannot for the love of god get the bumper to go back in place correctly. It's got nasty gaps on each side.

I'm not sure if the fogs threw it out of whack or the guys who came to do the swap. I mean before the hood was removed each light sat flush. And I have 1 9091 head light and one 9293 headlight.

Literally nothing in my front end is flush anymore and I have no clue why. Any reasons as to why it's no longer flush after my engine swap and fog install??

Can you take a picture? It will help us see whats wrong

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
      I'm not sure if the fogs threw it out of whack or the guys who came to do the swap. I mean before the hood was removed each light sat flush. And I have 1 9091 head light and one 9293 headlight.
      This may be part of your problem. Which bumper do you have? The bottom of the 90-91 headlight will be behind the ridge on a 92-93 bumper. The bottom of the 92-93 headlight will stick further forward relative to the 90-91 bumper. Their profiles are different. Were any of the front end parts swapped?
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        This may be part of your problem. Which bumper do you have? The bottom of the 90-91 headlight will be behind the ridge on a 92-93 bumper. The bottom of the 92-93 headlight will stick further forward relative to the 90-91 bumper. Their profiles are different. Were any of the front end parts swapped?
        I have a 9091 bumper and 9091 fogs and a 9091 grill. The only parts I have from year 93 are one headlight and it's matching corner light. I can't take pictures right now because I didn't take my car to my college campus with me.

Comment

There is play/adjustment in all of the body panels. I would start off loosening all the headlight mounting bolts and set those gaps how you'd like and go from there. Having match year lamps will help greatly as well.

When I had my Accord my front lip was low enough/fragile enough I would typically remove the bumper from the car any time it needed to go onto a lift. I found that depending on how quickly I put everything back together, I'd have a different gap each time. I could reset the gaps though by loosening the bolts and adjusting as needed.

Comment

I ripped the holes on my bumper where it mounts to the fender. I'll probably try to fab up some brackets.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I would start by trying to adjust the hood. If after they removed it nothing lines up.... It could be the hood that is out of alignment not everything else. The mounting holes are also enlarges so that you can move it in any direction when mounting/aligning it.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                There is play/adjustment in all of the body panels. I would start off loosening all the headlight mounting bolts and set those gaps how you'd like and go from there. Having match year lamps will help greatly as well.

When I had my Accord my front lip was low enough/fragile enough I would typically remove the bumper from the car any time it needed to go onto a lift. I found that depending on how quickly I put everything back together, I'd have a different gap each time. I could reset the gaps though by loosening the bolts and adjusting as needed.

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                I would start by trying to adjust the hood. If after they removed it nothing lines up.... It could be the hood that is out of alignment not everything else. The mounting holes are also enlarges so that you can move it in any direction when mounting/aligning it.
                Alright thanks guys. I'm gonna go home at the end of the month to bring my car back with me and I'll try to get my gaps fixed then. I figured the hood was misaligned when the headlights and grill didn't align correctly with it. The bumper I'll do some major adjusting to because after 20 years plastic isn't going to be the same as it was when it was new.

Are there specific bolts used to align the hood as well? Or just the blots that you use to remove the good have the double function of adjusting the hood?

Comment

No special bolts...just the ones used to mount the hinges to the hood. It can take a few tries to get the gaps perfect if you have never tried aligning panels before. Definitely makes the process much easier if you have a couple buddies around to help.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X