Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks mike. yah pretty sweet deal, will be working from the same area.
    And I am pretty much a shoe in, since me and 1 other guy know this system in and out. The other guy is staying in the Navy. So this might be the sweetest deal ever.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      ya ever since I picked up 2 shitty F22 blocks from PA!

its all good Jimmy, gotta think positive.
      Its got issues, but thats what I get for boosting a stock block.

New headgasket ordered. If that does not fix it then, I am putting a H22 in it while I build for boost!
      but I will have to get my red car going.

is all good just got a sweet ass job offer to start the day I leave the Navy.
      If this truly happens. My boost build will be built quicker than I thought.
      hey man dont hate. i never knew the bearings went
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Sorry to hear your having problems with the engine again. Put a new gasket on it and should be good to go, should be an hour worth of work.

Nothing wrong with running a stock block, it should last years even at much higher psi from what I have seen.

Good luck!

Comment

ya man. no doubt. might be following in your civics footsteps such as using my evo iii big 16g and making it a hybrid to 20G.
          the 16G just is not big enough for the H23.
          but yah, new gasket as soon as I get time.

Since this car was driving, my DD is torn down for a timing belt, wire tuck, water pump, ESP mounts, new axles, flywheel and clutch. I just finished the tuck last night. So I should have this car back together by this weekend.

Then I will have plenty of time for the boost project!
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

I'd find something to inspire you. Order a pizza invite a friend over and knock out that head gasket. Just the way that I am, I'd swap in some ARP head studs for the stock head bolts. Knock it out in a night and be back up and boosting by morning.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

it will happen. but I would rather spend the time and get the DD back up and running. that was a simple task of minor tuneup things.

plus the DD has a stereo.
              it will be done sooner than later tho.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

since you have a backup car(s?)

ARP headstuds and new OEM gasket....20G compressor and wheel...methanol....20psi....open downpipe...350whp+?

Comment

Fuck! You have some shitty luck! For real though, when you get the job you need to build a motor for your car.
                  spin city

Comment

this is just a temporary fix, until I get my full boosted engine...
                    which might be sooner than I thought.

lets look at it this way, here is what i am spending 5500 on.
                    should have this by the end of this year.
                    so I can build engine beginning of next.

turbo (hehehe)
                    turbo manifold top mount for h22
                    3" exhaust all the way back with electronic switch ported thru front bumper or fender
                    all charge piping welded 2.5" hot 3" cold.
                    all oil AN feed/return lines
                    Oil restrictor
                    coolant AN lines
                    1000cc Injectors
                    Dual Walboro Fuel Pump Hanger with Fuel Pumps
                    Fuel Rail with AN lines from the fuel tank with inline filters
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 04-01-2010, 06:58 PM.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

finished product steve, started the car last night check for any leaks i think im good to go...

Comment

well I did a little look see at my white smoke issue.

basically it is all coming from inside the head.
                        white smoke blows out everytime I remove the PCV valve.

and it blows out like a chimney, guessing due to bad headgasket, coolant is getting into the combustion chamber.

but it idles fine and does not raise temp.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          well I did a little look see at my white smoke issue.

basically it is all coming from inside the head.
                          white smoke blows out everytime I remove the PCV valve.

and it blows out like a chimney, guessing due to bad headgasket, coolant is getting into the combustion chamber.

but it idles fine and does not raise temp.
                          that fucking sucks did you put headgasket on backward??

Comment

this is new. it just started. thinking the hg is blown.
                            no it is not on backwards, but it is the 1 thing I did not change.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

well then you know what to do replace the H.G. do work son

Comment

ya the white smoke is blowing out the head.

so either hg or rings.

waiting on my leakdown tester to show up.
                                i purchased one. figured it would be good the amount i work on engines.
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X