• Show
Clear All

Getting ready to move the car in a few days, like Monday-tuesday

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

ok little update, didn't get the car moved, but got it fully prepped for the move, but I did get everything else moved from the old place to the new one, I can't wait to get it over there, it will ease my mind once it is moved, because then work will continue

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Nice cant wait to see more pix and updates. also got a new phone man need your number again
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

update??

Ride List
          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

ok finally an update, but not a progress one, just a moving one, first I removed the engine and transmission so I could load them into the bed of a friends truck and take them to the new place, then I welded bars into the holes I cut for the rear sub frame

empty bay yet again lol

the beast

bars to prevent rear from buckling

started making car roller, side tubing is 2x2 and cross tubing is 1x2

finished, the cars underside rails fit perfectly in between the 2x2 tubes with maybe 1/4" of space on either side

I then hired a bum to pull the car all the way 4 blocks to the new place...we will call him bob LOL no its actually smokey9012, and no he didn't pull it all the way, just out of the garage, with me pushing

man is she dirty, after sitting in this garage for 13months she finally gets to see the outside

sitting waiting for the tow truck to arrive

the worst part of the trip, the 2 minutes the car was on the tow truck

new home, I wasn't able to measure the old place but my guess is the new one is 4 feet wider and about 4 feet deeper

the beast an I lol

now that its all over...JDM pose time

oh and yes it had a few low tires but now not so much, but I will be replacing those tires with solid ones, since the day after I read on one of them max weight is 375lbs lol

another thing, I will probably be ditching the 240sx rear sub frame for an s2000 one, much simpler to mount...but thats only if the overall width will be wide enough, that includes from rotor to rotor
            Last edited by almostJDM; 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread

Comment

Stopping by to monitor the progress.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So you are continuing this build still?

EDIT: My dumbass didnt read the post about the moving of the car to a new place I saw the motor pulled and read the captions for the pics and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO thinking you were going to not go through with it. Haha cant wait to see more updates bro.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

yes lol the only way this will end is either driving or with a folded car lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

sweet stuff, that roller would be awesome for moving the car around in the shed

H22A Vigor
                    SR20 Accord

Comment

When is this going to be done? I wanna see this thing run!
                      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

For a project this extensive, I don't think it's even possible to guess when it will be done. Once he has everything in and hooked up, he has to make it run. Then tune it. Then ensure it doesn't twist the car in half.

Comment

exactly, I have no idea when I will be finished, but my goal is to bring it to import alliance next year, I wont have to worry about tuning until I build the engine, because I will be using the stock ecu, and the last part about it twisting the car in half, that is what I am the most worried about, it twisting the chassis, right now I am waiting to hear back from flyinlow, because he is measuring his s2000 rear subframe, but from the specs of the car I am pretty sure I can use the subframe from it, the next 7 days will be my last traveling for a while since I have been heading out of town the past 3 months on my 7 off, I need to do work on the car now haha, btw I will be heading down there to phoenix once my phone gets done updating lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

In my opinion you need a win to get you back motivated.

I have been down this road several times, and my advice is to get something buttoned down. You need to finish something, the wiring harness, change some gaskets on the motor, weld in the rear end, something...

Otherwise the longer this thing lingers, the harder its going to get to get the ball rolling again. The negative vibe of having sooo much ambition, soo much to do and too little time tends to get discouraging.

Dont let that happen.

This is just my opinion, but Im trying to be honest w/you. Ive seen a lot of ambitious projects come to a screaching hault in my life, and if you dont want that to happen I would suggest getting some positive mojo going on w/your project.

Something to feel good about yanno.

Good luck man!!
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

That's very good advice! I have two broken Accords in my yard right now that I have a difficult time even starting on. I'm finally working on the CB, but the 3rd gen hasn't been touched in years.

Just be sure to weld a TON of additional braces. There's a Cardomain page made by a guy that made a 90s Grand Prix RWD... and he shows his work pretty clearly. It might be worth finding for some ideas.

Comment

Thanks toycar I will take your advice when I get back from Phoenix, and deev I'll look into that page, I have been following weir techs crx build and took a few ideas from that

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X