Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Yeah In For Updates...

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Bumpity bump bump bump..

So, get any work done?
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

He was in the shop working on it the other day, I know that.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Bumpity bump bump bump..

So, get any work done?
          Alright man, 18 days later....

BUMP
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
            Alright man, 18 days later....

BUMP
            Actually only 16 days but who's counting
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              Actually only 16 days but who's counting
              Fair enough.

28 DAYS LATER, the world ended and zombies took over.

Kick ass movie.

Lol.

Any updates man?

Comment

Should never have said anything about the project. You're going to get pestered until it's done, or exiled if you give up. Granted, at least you've got motivation with all the pressure, but still...

Good luck

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I see where I may have contributed to that...

My bad

just looking for some updates, even if thats,"Well I got pissed and kicked a fat dent in my fender" or whatever.

I really hope the op see's this through.

Comment

Like I have said before no point in updating when work isn't being done to the car, well somethings been done to it, but I need answers from 240 owners before I can continue, I have the rear completely cut out ground smooth, and ready to go, but I need an answer before I can set the rear in it's place so I don't put it too far forward or to far to the rear, I am trying to do as much work as possible but right now the car is last on my list of things to do, work, family and my DD come first.

Oh and no need to post every few days, once I post something then you can otherwise its pretty pointless, and I only update when works been done, aside from tiny things like getting the holes I cut smoothed up, and no I'm not mad or annoyed just saying.
                    Last edited by almostJDM; 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

He's just nudging you along

What do you need from 240 owners? You're going to have to center the rear wheels to the wheel wells. Just line up the suspension so it's straight, so you won't be driving around in circles.The drive shaft is likely going to have to be a custom length, unless you can scoot the engine backwards and forwards enough to make it line up correctly.

When I was considering this project using a 240 rear, my plan was to weld in as much of the 240's sheet metal as possible. That way, everything is lined up, and bolts right up. As long as the sheet metal is straight, everything else will be as well.

Comment

I know what you mean deev but I can only work on it so much, and I am asking them if what mine is doing is normal, see when I put wheels on it and jack them up so they are center in the wheel wells, then lower them they move forward, I am just making sure its normal, because on an accord they go straight down, and if I had a 240 parts car I might have done that as well, I would have cut the whole wheel well out, because the 240 suspension mounts in the rear of the wheel well as the accord mounts in the front, so I will probably cut the top half or 1/3 off each side and flip them, or at least cut as little as I can off each side

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                          see when I put wheels on it and jack them up so they are center in the wheel wells, then lower them they move forward,
                          Can you elaborate on this?

What kind of jack are you using to do this? The jack could be playing tricks with your eyes.

Is the subframe rotating at all when the wheels have "moved forward"

If the subframe has not rotated at all, but the wheels appear closer to the front of the vehicle its likely the jack is fucking with you.

Is the chassis level from front to back on whatever supports you have setup?

That could also be fucking with you.

Just a few thoughts.

Good luck man

Comment

the sub frame is on 4 jack stands, and I am lifting it from the side of the vehicle so if anything it would push or pull the whole thing sideways not front to back but the subframe doesn't even move, as I jack the one side up it goes up smoothly, and as far as the chassis it is perfectly level front to back and side to side, I double checked that when I first did this, I will record a video showing what it's doing on Monday when I go down to grab my winter wheels for my suby, oh and I lifted one side with both an oem style Honda jack from the lower ball joint and a floor jack, like the one you can buy at any auto parts store, both same result, so floor jack was lifting by the wheel itself and oem jack lifting by lower ball joint

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

ok so figured out what was causing the problem with the rear subframe, and parts have been ordered, I didn't buy the toe control arms on the rear of the sub frame, so when those get here i will head down on my 7 off and get to work making the rear end of the car

weather permitting, but as of right now it will happen
                              Last edited by almostJDM; 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

missing arms have arrived and tomorrow I will head down and put them on then align the sub frame and get to work

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X