No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah his thread motivates me to keep working on my Accord too.

Anyways as long as you have your rear sub-frame setup all good, the only thing I would be worrying about is making the front end more sturdy. When I was comparing my Accord chassis to my RB powered car, You could just see that the front end of the Honda is more flimsy than the Nissan (though my Accord is a CA, don't know how much different a CB will be). From the firewall back, there isn't much structural difference between the 2 chassis's. So I wouldn't worry too much about twisting the car (you'll probably have more issues with traction anyway :P). A 25det doesn't make THAT much power. Unless of course you plan on building it to some insane specs that is.

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

Comment

yea, it is compared to the nissan, but I will have to add metal to the sides of the engine bay so I can make a mounting point for the sub frame, I am going to cut a small hole in a few spots down the length of the bay to see how thick it is so I can get tubing that is the proper thickness, but I imagine its probably going to have some of the thickest metal on the car, at least part of it will, I hope it does anyways, that will make it so much easier getting metal, because the only metal shop where the car is only goes down to 14guage, guess I will check out the metal places here where I live since its got several steel places instead of just 1 lol
      Last edited by almostJDM; 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Bump-digity

You ready to pay me to come out and finish this project for you yet?

Just kidding man, hows it going? Any progress?
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

nope haven't been able to go down to work on it yet, but will be very shortly

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Bumpity bump bump bump

Ill be in Scottsdale next week, should I bring my tools? You ready to pay me to get your rear end done and get that motor bolted down?

Lol, just kidding man.

Hows it going? Getting anywhere on this?
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i always make sure to check this thread everytime hoping for an update!

Lou's Build Thread!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
              "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                Bumpity bump bump bump

Ill be in Scottsdale next week, should I bring my tools? You ready to pay me to get your rear end done and get that motor bolted down?

Lol, just kidding man.

Hows it going? Getting anywhere on this?
                I wish I lived in AZ Lol you would still be 14-15 hours away from me haha, I live in Wyoming, and I almost have the rear end done, well all the cutting for it, I forgot to take photos because I was in the zone and didn't want to stop

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

you should feed the hungry people some pics of the progress. =)

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                    for it being fully complete minus the full engine build I'd say this time next year possibly spring next year
                    It's almost time...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostjdm

For It Being Fully Complete Minus The Full Engine Build I'd Say This Time Next Year Possibly Spring Next Year

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                      it's Almost Time...
                      Lol

Comment

Spend the extra time to get the engine as close to the firewall as you can...it'll pay off.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Get off your butt and get these updates going!!!! HAHAHA

"Cleft"
                          Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            Spend the extra time to get the engine as close to the firewall as you can...it'll pay off.
                            it already is as close as possible, the heater core ports are maybe 1" away from it

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                              it already is as close as possible, the heater core ports are maybe 1" away from it
                              Nice update....

Comment

Damn sign me up for one of these lol I'm stoked for
                                Updates and finished product props to you for this big task man
                                1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Working...
                                X