• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

Fitting the tranny looks like it'll be fun! Looking to end up with a center console like that V8 swap that gets posted on here every now and then? It really doesn't look like too daunting a task if you're comfortable with cutting and welding, but still... lots'a work. Best of luck for a quick project

Accord Aero-R

Comment

actually I won't, believe it or not the only part I will have to cut as far as the trans is about 6-8 inches on the hump because the trans is small enough to fit in the hole

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

You seem very knowledgable. Subscribed

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

thanks, but to be totally honest I'm running blind haha because this has never been done before, but I as I've said before I do know how to measure and weld, and I have the engine and trans in hand, I can also read schematics even though I hate wiring haha, but it's gotta be done and its something I can partially do without the car or engine

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

my wiring challenge

mating this, 93 accord LX coupe chassis harness

with this R33 Nissan Skyline GTS-T engine harness

I cut the wires off that went to the honda engine since I wont be needing them anymore, so now I will use the wire form that if I need to extend any wires

I have the pin out for the skyline ECU and a wiring diagram and I have the pin out and diagram for my accord so now all I need to do is go buy lots of shrink wrap just incase I need to extend wiring, but other then that it should just be a matter of swapping wires from the accord ecu connectors to the skyline one, then gotta find the correct relays.....well I need to find out if the ones I got with the engine in the fuse box that came with it will fit the accords fuse box...which I hope they do, if not I will have to find the correct relays that will fit
              Last edited by almostJDM; 05-16-2011, 09:39 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

i dont envy you at all i hate wires... not hard i just hates wires lol

Ride List
                1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I would be in wire heaven lol NOT

Hope that all goes well man
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I was just going over the harness and I don't think I'll have to extend wires because the harness was made to go over to the drivers side from te passenger side of the engine so I should have plenty of wire

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

some photos of rear suspension/brakes removal

drivers side fully removed

just have to remove the suspension on the passenger side, and then ill drop the tank and it'll be all ready to cut up

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

So, nice progress.

The tranny is really going to stuff in the whole? Mounts and all? That'd be ideal, but I have to say Im surprised.

Why not use a megasquirt or stand alone fuel management system to run the engine, and leave the accord harness alone? If you wired up a standalone setup, there'd be no need for all this harness integration.

Food for thought.
                        Last edited by toycar; 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I am planning on it but the only integration is for the gauge cluster and ignition and yea as far as the tranny goes the only part I'll have to mod is for the bell housing, at least by the measurements I got off both the trans and car, the tranny at it's widest is under 10", that's in the middle of the trans not including the bell housing, now I'm likely going to have to make it a few inches taller, and since I won't be having those floor vents going to the rear I can use that space for the exhaust and it won't feel any different then factory

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

What are you using for the front suspension and steering? Are you going to
                            be using S13 stuff? Just wondering since the rear subframe (one with the PS
                            box) would be in the way of the motor. Just something that I was thinking of
                            while I was looking at your progress.

Can't wait to see more progress, I myself will have a S13 in my possession soon.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I am using stock stuff, I will be making a custom subframe that will let me mount the steering rack in the oem location

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Ah I see. So like section it right where the trans would go and then build a brace that would go underneath it.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Working...
                                X