No announcement yet.

my journey to the DOHC side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i was really happy with the shape the engine was in. clean and no broken parts except for that one sensor. they only thing that i need to replace is the oil pan since it was dented. ill just transfer the one from my f22a4 over.

my stock was an f22a4 which i think i had an internal dizzy so i guess it should all plug right in. please correct me if im wrong
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

its the years that matter. but from the looks of your front bumper, you're 90-91, am i right? 90-91=internal coil, 92-93=external.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn bro u are doing a lot of work. if u need help just sent me a pm
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

thanx klevis - ill definetally call you up if i need help. just doing a lot of little stuff and maitnance work to get the engine ready to put in. ill be posting pics of the progress as i go
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Sweet, good luck.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

nice! i am about to paint my front lude calipers and rear accord ones gold also! nice pics tho!

Comment

Looks like I found the perfect time to interject. I've had the XTD stage 1 clutch for a year now, and my views on it are so so. On one hand, it works fine for daily driving. Pedal isn't really stiff like some clutches, and it works fine for starting out on hills, etc, and holds during quick shifts for back roads. However, this clutch does not like to drag. In the burn out box, you have to drop it a little low and not feather it at all, otherwise it won't grab at all and just burns up. Nor can I do a proper launch any more. I have to start out at 2.5/3k and quickly make up for it. If I had money (or experience), I'd swap it out for an ACT or Clutchmasters. My friend go the same one the same time I did and his experiences are the same. Overall I give it a 3 out of 5
                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

thanx hondafan81.

thanx for the input invadertrax. yea i went with xtd based on the reviews i read. i would have loved to get an act or clutchmaster but the xtd combo was the best bang for the buck at the time and it was right in my price range. i dont really do a lot of drag racing and when i did i never launcher higher than 3k rpms so it should be fine for my driving habits. i prefer auto x more

excalibur02 - they came out really nice. i took them apart, cleaned and painted and then put together. looks so much better than a half assed job of painting them on the car. since its 100 out today ill hit them with some high heat clear coat for better finish and durability and let them bake out.
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i spent the whole day working on the engine today. i removed all the accessories, took off wiring harnesses of both engines and labeled stuff, made some trips to buy belts and hoses. what took the most of my time was removing the crank pulley, which i never got off. i tried getting the tool but no store in the area had it. is there a technique to get it off. i have been hitting it with an imapct gun with about 160lbs of torque and nothing. any ideas???
                    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Dude, awesome job so far on the swap. It looks like it is coming out real nice. Breathing new life into that old body. Definently keep us updated!

generic short-ram
                      generic strut tower bar
                      hid bulbs all around
                      amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

you dont need to take off the crank pulley. just have someone helping you while you're lifting it. bring the crank pulley side up first, and dip the tranny side down till the crank is clear, then just bring er up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea i know that d112crzy but im trying to replace the timing belt and balancer belt with the water pump. in order to get in there i need to remove the crank pully.
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

yo bro i think auto zone has a special tool for that. check it out.
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Use the tool, get a stronger impact gun, and don't use a socket adapter with the gun.

Comment

alright another mid-day update:
                                got the damn crank pulley bolt out. could get the tool anyway so i had to come up with another way. i ended up heating it for about five minutes and then with a colsed end wrench and a pipe i applied pressure with my foot while my friend kept the engine stable. after 3 kicks it broke free. now ill be able to change my belts and water pump and clean everything up. im planning on setting my timing from scratch according to the markings and the directions in shop manual. here are some pics:

engine from the side and the damn pulley

front view on the stand

Pulley off and ready to change t-belt and water pump

dirty water pump housing

old pump vs my new JDM GMB water pump (thanx cokinut )

cleaned up the housing a bit

new water pump installed
                                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                                X