No announcement yet.

engine almost together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man, i cant wait for it to be finished either, taking forever, but hopefully it will be worth the wait when im finally shifting gears.

Comment

i scrolled through the 10 pages and never saw if this was just a rebuild or a mild built motor. Have you done anything out of oem spec with it?

Looks like your taking your time and doing it right. hope you have no problems with it.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

It started ,just being a manual swap and one thing led to another and just started making everything new again, everything is pretty much stck except the porting on the head and major weight reduction off the engine and more room, but later, putting a turbo on after i get it running and can afford it..

Engine had like 340,000 miles and needed redone, not enough money for performance pistons, ect, ect.

Comment

question

whats the difference between a p06 and a p28???

idk i aint really familiar with ecus
          i dont even nkow what kind i have....
          f22a6 i have...
          IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

Still learning myself, maybe this will help.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836

Comment

Are those turbo kits on ebay for like 6 to 7 hundred dollars worth getting, because i cant afford alot and really dont want alot of boost.. Seems like a good deal.

Comment

Sorry, i posted this on another thread too.

Comment

I seen somewhere here, that you need to put silicone sealant to the little round coolant part on the intake manifold gasket, i put it on today and did not do this, could someone please tell me info if you have done this or not before i go any further.

Comment

never heard of that, sounds more like a iron muscle domestic trick.

btw: dont get that turbo kit off ebay. they use cheap turbos.

im cheap so i go the route of the DSM or a custom aka pulling turbos from the junkyard and rebuilding them. DSM turbo manifolds are cheap and adapters are cheap so you can use a lot of turbos.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

So you woundnt take it back off and put sealant on just this hole.

And is there any good companies that make a good turbo header just for 90-93 accord
                      Last edited by tootall; 09-20-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

ive never put sealant there. on the IM gasket, there's a ring that goes around the coolant port anyways.

a good turbo manifold? get one custom made, that would be most ideal.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I wouldnt even know what to tell someone, as far as a design, if i could find anyone around here to make it. I still have a while to learn before i would be ready for it anyway. thanks...

Comment

the 1st gen DSM manifold will fit ours with a little modification to about three of the bolt holes.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

One more stupid question, the intake manifold bolts are suppose to torque at 16 ft lbs, but i just snuged them all up good because you cant get a torque wrench to them, is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
                                I seen somewhere here, that you need to put silicone sealant to the little round coolant part on the intake manifold gasket, i put it on today and did not do this, could someone please tell me info if you have done this or not before i go any further.

I think it is in more personal prefferance..

With my gsx turbo car, Absolutely everything gets a high temp silicone on both sides of every gasket. For a prevenitive measure. It's always good to do on a turbocharged application, but not always nessicary.

I also started doing this to the h22 as well, as i don't like worrying about leaks of any sort.

Don't buy a ebay kit.

We have enough members on here that i am sure we could all help you on a budget to build a DSM turbo setup and allow you to run 6-7 psi without much modification at all and it would last at least 200,000 miles without any fear of anything failing on your MOTOR.

You need to make a list of all things you will need and then just start getting them 1 at a time at that low of a boost pressure, their is no need for expensive BOV, manifolds.. turbo's etc.... I'd imagine for a goal such as this that you could have all the parts under $300, plus a mild tune for your ecu.
                                the price is debateable,, but I have a turbo manifold and side mount intercooler etc, if you need them i can hook you up as other members as well.

your rebuilt engine is gona be a great plant for turbocharging, it's ashame that you hadn't gotten some forged pistons, but o-well i know they cost alot

as for your intake bolts, factory oem torque is always best as they did many tests to get the correct torque to make an engine last,, but i have always just snugged mine pretty tight as well.
                                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                                X