Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have an auto and want to run a chipped ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what combination did you end up using, Antoine?
    92 ex/auto h22/Uber 1.66/stock tcu?

what board was the p28? auto or manual?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

auto converted to manual, it was actually a crome map because when i opened it up in Crome it said at the bottom of the program that it was a p30 based code. I don't think i got a chance to check what board Phil is running on but the one that wasn't working was the 11f0 board.

Strangely enough tho putting the chip thats in phil's car right now into the 11f0 board didn't work. But worked fine in the 5 speed car. The tcu didn't matter. But phil was saying that the h22 tcu was working better for him. I can't remember why so i'll let him speak on that.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

hmm, so it seems some people are gona be stuck with 1.66.

Has anyone had any luck tuning an auto with Crome?

Comment

Just to let people know, you can run a manual or auto chipped ecu in your car. It doesn't matter if your car is manual or auto. No codes.

The only issues now is which version of uberdata works with your certain ecu/tcu combo.

Comment

Does that mean it will work for H22 JDM P13 ECU AUto with H22 TCU can be chiped too? or will I still need another ECU to be chiped?
            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I don't understand what you're asking.

If you're running stock components, then you need auto ecu and auto tcu.

Is that what you were asking?

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                Does that mean it will work for H22 JDM P13 ECU AUto with H22 TCU can be chiped too? or will I still need another ECU to be chiped?
                yes you will need either a chipped p28 or a po6 converted to a p28, if you want to run a chipped ecu

Comment

i was wounder if anybody has tried a chipped p75 for auto??

it seems the 1980 boards in the p75 don't have the circuitry for controlling the trans shift solenoids. They only have spots for IC13 and IC14 for VTEC. The other boards have two additional 5050's for controlling the tranny.
                  i guess thats why theres a tcu.
                  Last edited by smokeeey420; 08-17-2007, 02:33 AM.
                  FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                  My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

nice thread, finally the automatics will start to creep up on the 5 speeds. you got pm mr. MRX.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

so in theory. a chipped ecu and tcu cobo working

flawlessly together, with a mild to moderate motor up

grade. lets say a h22 with h22 auto tranny, and headers,

exhaust, intake.

This chiped ecu .... what amount of power are we talking

about, that will be added or such?

compared to just running the p13 ecu with the p19 tcu...?

my theory is.. for a pretty much mild upgraded h22 the

stock components would work best.. being p13/p19

after all this is japans sport car motor.. i would come to

believe those little engineers who get payed big bucks

everyday working side by side, pretty much made the best

application that we would need.. unless otherwise noted

that we were to put a supercharger, or turbo on, or shave

the head etc..

i know that on a stock h22 a little more power can be

squeezed out, and on a rx8 almost 80 hp can be squeezed

out from the factory settings,, whitch is crazzy!

but,, the best bang for your buck... is this how we should

all be pointing our money ? or would it be less expensive

with better controll and gains to say swap to a 5 speed?

(remember) mine is an automatic too.. not trying to

convience anyone to swap to a 5 spd, just really trying to

decide whats more practical/dependable/cheapper for tha

$$$.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

If you're into this b/c you're cheap, then this isn't for you.

Going from a p13 to a tuned ecu on an h22 makes quite a difference. It may not be as big as a manual would be, but it still makes a difference.

The guys at honda programed the computer for emissions, gas mileage, and some performance. Mostly the first 2.

Comment

[QUOTE=d112crzy]If you're into this b/c you're cheap, then this isn't for you.QUOTE]

how rude
                          Last edited by KeeleDesign; 08-19-2007, 11:43 AM.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

ok, so a small disappointing update...

today was ANOTHER failed attempt on trying to run the chipped ECU

i tried a Crome-made map and started right up... but tranny wouldn't shift. i then swapped my TCU with one from a 91 that had the M1 as part of the code and STILL no luck...

then i tried a Uber 1.7-made map... and that didn't work well AT ALL... first it wouldn't start, then when it DID, smelled like nothing but straight fuel out the exhaust and the CEL was on + "D" light was flashing so i'm sure it wouldn't have shifted correctly...

last thing, i just plugged the stock pt6 back on and i was back on the road...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                            My Ride thread
                            Flickr
                            Originally posted by d112crzy
                            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                            All I gotta really say is:
                            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Bringing this thread back up.

prNonVtec4u, didn't you say that a map made with 1.66 ran your car? Why didn't you stick with that? I know you're currently running a p39, but I'm just interested in why you didn't just run the map mrx sent you.

Also, I tuned 91Accord-LX with Crome. He has a 91 auto dohc f22b.

Comment

hmm... guess it's about time for me to try to get mine going again. Will be doing auto->manual hopefully this year but I'd like to get my po6 running in the meantime anyways.

Basically put mine in and the next day for some ODD reason my speed sensor just crapped out on me O.o. Went to limp mode and even after replacing it didn't run again... So I think I need a re-burn. But the maps made for me from what i recently found out aren't probably that great for my car.. guess I'll be ordering a chip burner and contacting some of you guys soon.

91 lx, haven't looked at the tcu code. I Think it was uber 1.66 that the last maps were made in, he had them in 1.7 but I think moved them back. So what the heck I'm not sure lol but it ran fine for a day and pulled a lot harder too... will update.
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X