No announcement yet.

ENG: diy plenum spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd ask because I did read all the pages and didn't really see anything relating to removing the iabs on the h22. And I also look around at some prelude fourms and on those it said they lost low end tq but gained power up top and had a better tq curve.

Comment

not the iab's which are butter flies... you gotta remove the whole plate...

so it will b plenum and runner.. if not it will b runner iab plate then runner.

got me now chief?
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        not the iab's which are butter flies... you gotta remove the whole plate...

so it will b plenum and runner.. if not it will b runner iab plate then runner.

got me now chief?
        opps what i was talking about was the whole spacer/plate. i get what you mean thought.

Comment

okay so i took both spacers out and now it seems like my car doesnt have much power. but i well add the fact that my o2 sensor isnt hooked up at the moment so im gonna say that could be the reason for it lacking at the moment. but it does pick up much faster either way.

Comment

you can always put it back to normal if u want.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              you can always put it back to normal if u want.
              yeah i kow i can but im gonna leave it as is i mean i have no reason to push my car or race anyone its basically winter ,roads are gonna be bad so im not worried about it and i know one of the main reason my car is lacking is the o2 sensor so ill wait till i fix tht to really determine what i think the car works best with out of the options for the spacers or no spacer.

Comment

just did this upgrade today on the h22. i gutted the upper piece and filled in the holes. left the stock bottom piece alone. placed a new gasket in between each. i noticed theres no power loss on high or low end and the rpms pick up faster. very pleased w/ the outcome. glad i didnt fork out $150 for the blacktrax ims double stack

Comment

^great to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    I've got a 3" prelude CAI and a strut bar, do you think it'll clear all that? since the IAB plate does add like an inch to the height of everything right? i'm just worried that the intake would now be hitting the strut tower bar, therefore me having to sacrifice that for this IAB plate.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                    it should

i have a megan strut bar
                    and it clears, but then again its not a single cam no more
                    so the megan strut bar clears the cai, but do you have clearance issues w/ the megan strut bar rubbing on the throttle cable on the double stacked h22?

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                      okay so i took both spacers out and now it seems like my car doesnt have much power. but i well add the fact that my o2 sensor isnt hooked up at the moment so im gonna say that could be the reason for it lacking at the moment. but it does pick up much faster either way.
                      the only rubbing encountered when my car had a f22 was the cable, just bend the bracket a little and you should be fine

again guys, for h22 delete spacers and leave plenum and runners, either upgrade should be backed by a tuned ecu

and for those who say tunned ecu's wont pass smog
                      fire your tuner, and get yourself a real tuner
                      a h22 on a good tune, should get 400k+ miles to the tank, more power and cleaner afr on part-throttle and idle
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

What about for the F22b's?Any luck on these?Any OEM pieces to actually do a DYI or just Blacktrax aftermarket piece?

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                          the only rubbing encountered when my car had a f22 was the cable, just bend the bracket a little and you should be fine
                          my h22 throttle cable rubs against the strut bar as well.. i did bend the bracket, but again it still rubs and i didnt want to bend it so much that the cable is not lined up

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
                            my h22 throttle cable rubs against the strut bar as well.. i did bend the bracket, but again it still rubs and i didnt want to bend it so much that the cable is not lined up
                            make your own bracket, i made mine out of AL
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Soo what bolts would substitute the 90 prlude compressor bolts?
                              What's their measuremnt
                              -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                                Soo what bolts would substitute the 90 prlude compressor bolts?
                                What's their measuremnt
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=85397

Comment

Working...
                                X