ENG: diy plenum spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: diy plenum spacer

well guys for those who want to get the most out of their intake, i also wanted to so i went ahead and did the double spacer, and found out its pretty easy upgrade.i tried to do this as easy as possible (using all onda parts)

tools needed:

1 12mm socket
    2 3 cb7 compressor bolts
    3 2 90' prelude compressor bolts
    4 2 exhaust nuts
    5 jb weld
    6 sand paper
    7 h22, h23, f22a6, f22b, spacer

first step: get a the spacer, remove butterflies, vaccum diaphram, rod that goes through, and fill in with JB WELD

second step: sand the JB weld till the holes are smooth

third step: take two exhaust nuts and screw them in the bolts in the lower manifold, and take both bolts out

fourth step: put the spacer first, butterfly spacer next and finish with the upper plenum, insert the prelude bolts first to align everything, and then the accord ones

fifth step: tighten everything and smile (some hoses u'll have to change, i didnt)

back view

front view

Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

very clean, and props for this DIY. i will be doing this very soon, once i get my a6 plenum to play with.

i currently have a jdm h22 upper plenum and spacer, and im waiting on a full a6 manifold to get here. i'm gonna clean that bitch inside and out, then reassemble and see what kind of gains i get

ninja edit: did you use a high temp paint on the spacers and iab control?

Comment

no sirrrrr

in a earlier post i said i was gonna use hodata HG and bypassed the coolant hoses that go to the TB im trying to get rid of most of the heat in a less expensive manner, so, i used 99 cent paint for the whole thing

Comment

126 views 1 reply
        damn

Comment

nice little mod. Can you comment on the gains, drivability,etc?

I would love to test this mod on the dyno.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

id like to see if there is any gains, i might try it when i switch to a h23 plenum

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
              nice little mod. Can you comment on the gains, drivability,etc?

I would love to test this mod on the dyno.
              there are gains, i have this done on my h23/a6 intake manifold.

Comment

well i look at it kinda like a cold air intake upgrage over the stock intake, not, like a plenum swap but more likely a CAI upgrade, btw, at 4k rpms, sounds, verry, deep, and at 6k that bitch screams,

mods aluminum, SRI, H23 upper, double stacked, hondata HG

Comment

Thats pretty sweet. Im going to have to look for these at the junkyard.

Comment

damn, it was hard enough for me to find 1 a6 manifod around here. Now i gotta go get another...

Comment

Awesome diy Definatley gonna do this soon. Fuckin bitchin.
                      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Great post man! I do have a question though, could you elaborate on how you removed the shaft the butterfly valves bolt to? I see how to get the valves off...two screws...but couldn't quit figure out that part.
                        ____

Comment

on one end of the shaft you will see a cap. Take a pair of pliers and twist/pull it off. Then you will see a screw holding the shaft to the body.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

dude i tried this a few months back. and got it all put back together and it was not happy. i didnt fill the holes in the inside just the outside ones. so those bolts you used came off the a/c??? i know the blacktrax one made like 5hp on the dyno. i might have to try this again.
                            Freedom Is Not Free
                            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

hmm I havn't installed my upper H23 manifold as yet and this seems tempting... So i'm guessing the manifold clears the hood of the car and doesn't hit it?

Can someone explain to me what this does? All I can see is that the air must now travel a longer distance to reach the combustion chamber... how does this give me any gains? Also, does it matter if the butterfly plates go above or below the spacer?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X