Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Guess who's car is goin to be stored this winter

    Comment


      Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
      Guess who's car is goin to be stored this winter
      haha, mine ?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
        Does the back of the prelude seat not have a removable or zipper section like the 92 seats I have? The cb7 ones should unhook from the pocket and at least the older prelude seats unzip. If not you have to open the seam at the back to avoid tearing the cloth in a spot you cant repair it.

        If those are like the older lude seats, they will lean back kinds far if you drill the bottom hole straight down, move the new hole back on the accord bracket to bring the angle up a bit.
        Only last night did I find the zipper, so thanks. And baa, I think I may be PM'in ya soon. I'm doing the passenger seat first and this mod is proving quite difficult.

        I've tried so many combinations of rails that i've confused myself

        - Prelude rails only = too narrow for bolting to floor of car
        - Accord rails only = top portion of the seat is crooked (as a connection portion of the top half is welded, non-adjustable)

        I even split the rails up for one side, but this creates a un-even sitting state.

        Grrr....

        Comment


          Today was the "let's replace the front lower focus stabilizer links" day. Weee, gotta love fords. So far I deeply regret to admit I've owned a ford temp, ford ranger, and now a ford focus. I've hated them all, but they were all winter beaters. So were talking about this ...



          Drivers side lower connection broke/came off and left me with a ball/nut combo to get off. You hold the 15mm bolt that was rusty and stuck with a tiny allen key which of course........is impossible. Ended up grinding it off. All other bolts came off with ease thankfully.


          Nothing left to make this car purr except a tire balance. Then she's 100% problem free, smooth as new. T'is getting too cold to be working outside on a car though.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Only last night did I find the zipper, so thanks. And baa, I think I may be PM'in ya soon. I'm doing the passenger seat first and this mod is proving quite difficult.

            I've tried so many combinations of rails that i've confused myself

            - Prelude rails only = too narrow for bolting to floor of car
            - Accord rails only = top portion of the seat is crooked (as a connection portion of the top half is welded, non-adjustable)

            I even split the rails up for one side, but this creates a un-even sitting state.

            Grrr....
            How crooked is it? mine are 3-5 degrees from perfectly vertical because of drilling the bottom hole back a bit to make the seat go up more at the highest setting, its not noticeable in the car. If its minor run with it, if its crippled looking then try something else XD...

            Take a pic of the lude and accord rails side by side so I can get an idea how they differ from the previous gen. Glad you found the zipper!
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR


            My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

            Comment


              ah fords..


              I hate working on them. I hate how the focus came with 2 different 2.0 engines. And suspension parts will fail so keep an eye out for all your suspension parts. Many of the common ones are ball joints and tie rods.

              Rush


              Originally posted by Darkcloud
              Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
              Originally posted by bmxicansd
              so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

              Comment


                Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                ah fords..


                I hate working on them. I hate how the focus came with 2 different 2.0 engines. And suspension parts will fail so keep an eye out for all your suspension parts. Many of the common ones are ball joints and tie rods.
                I heard the SOHC sucks balls and most have valve stems break off and destroy the engine. I also heard a lot of them break springs, and other suspension parts. I really hate how you have to buy the whole LCA when replacing the lower ball joint. Seems like a money scam to me. So ya, this car sucks ass, but i'm going to use it as a granny car for running errands and for my business

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                  How crooked is it? mine are 3-5 degrees from perfectly vertical because of drilling the bottom hole back a bit to make the seat go up more at the highest setting, its not noticeable in the car. If its minor run with it, if its crippled looking then try something else XD...

                  Take a pic of the lude and accord rails side by side so I can get an idea how they differ from the previous gen. Glad you found the zipper!
                  I'll get some pics tomorrow, but I ended up going with the accord rails and hardware. I redrilled holes for the bolts in the rail feet for the back. but now that i think of it maybe a 1/2" spacer for the lower rear bolt holes on the ass seat woulf of worked too. I figured out that my holes for the back cushion mounts were off by 1/4", making the back look crooked.
                  I'll take pics tomorrow, but def going to try some washers on the back seat cushion boots to push the back section of rails toward the holes more.

                  Comment


                    Which motor do you have in the Focus? That 2.0 DOHC Zetec is a fantastic engine. I had 2 Contours with the Zetec and they were great. Both over 240 000km with no issues.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      Which motor do you have in the Focus? That 2.0 DOHC Zetec is a fantastic engine. I had 2 Contours with the Zetec and they were great. Both over 240 000km with no issues.
                      I wish, I wish. Its the SOHC POS series .

                      Comment


                        This really sucks having cold days. I'd like to say "suck it up princess" to myself some days and just wear a lot of layers, but other days its -4C outside. I do have the car in storage, but its cold storage. The tools never warm up, you can't paint at this temp, and its just plain cold. Its also crazy to think that the car is stored for 6-7 months of the year. But I've seen salt on the roads down these parts already. It won't be long before every day is 0deg C or lower. All I want is to drive the car once more this year and I'm happy.

                        Comment


                          Well progress continues with the seats. This is a finalized passenger seat. Cleaned, painted and ready to go!



                          The drivers side is almost done but of course there is a snag. I will have to find a way to use the accord plastic sides (b/c I'm using the accord rails) but somehow get the height adjuster to work with the plastic piece. I may just leave it off as I don't need to adjust the height more than once. see below pic...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            Well progress continues with the seats. This is a finalized passenger seat. Cleaned, painted and ready to go!



                            The drivers side is almost done but of course there is a snag. I will have to find a way to use the accord plastic sides (b/c I'm using the accord rails) but somehow get the height adjuster to work with the plastic piece. I may just leave it off as I don't need to adjust the height more than once. see below pic...

                            omg there beautiful lol!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                              omg there beautiful lol!
                              thanks. they look good once cleaned up and the side plastic pieces painted.

                              Comment


                                Ah I see. Yeah I would rather keep a full plastic piece over the bracket, bit perhaps there is a way you can fabricate a shaft if needed to lengthen the adjusting knob and use it with the accord plastic. If you don't care for that function its not a big deal I guess, imo keeping the install looking clean will matter most. They look good btw, now you just got to get installed pics!
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR


                                My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X