Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike1357
    replied
    Installed and tested a tow strap for the Accord. Had my front lip not been cracked prior to having it towed, the place where the operator had to hook up would have cracked it. Here's a nice solution for $30.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Well, ups and downs this weekend. Check the pics.

This pretty much sums up my headliner project that started and finished week. This is by far the coolest "cheap mod" I have ever done and I love it. I was very excited when I found the fabric and I am very proud of it.

This happened earlier today for me. When I first joined the forum, I saw a thread talking about how the balance shaft seals were prone to popping out on single cams. The thread also talked about the retainer that Honda made to fix the problem. I never had a problem with the seal when I had my single cam and I thought, now that I have an H22, no worries, that won't happen to me. Well I was browsing a Prelude forum to help out Kevin Chinnn with a timing belt job on his H22 and I saw the retainer in the DIY pics and thought, nah, that won't happen to me. Well on the way to the junkyard to get the last 2 bolts for his manual tensioner conversion, I noticed a funky smell. I looked down at my oil pressure gauge and it was reading lower than what was normal. Got off at the next exit just as the dummy light started flickering. Pulled into the first gas station I found and shut her down. Towed the car to work, put it up on the lift and, go figure, the balance shaft seal went and popped itself out. If you value your investment, F22 or H22, go ahead and buy the $6 retainer kit and don't have heart attacks like I did today.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Updates:

Received the horn button for my steering wheel. All the way from Malaysia.

A really cool shot I happened to grab with Juice21.

A little something something that I'll be rolling on to AFM.

I pulled out the headliner today and I'm going to pull out the sunroof tomorrow so I can have the headliner and sun shade re-upholstered in a choice fabric I happened to come across. The door panels will follow soon but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them finished. I also went ahead and painted the hood trim black for now.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 91H22ACB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Yep. Found the bezel on Ebay. Some guy custom fabbed it.
    :shakes fist: Damn you!

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
    Are those gauges in cluster pods? Its hard to tell. If so, where'd you find it?
    Yep. Found the bezel on Ebay. Some guy custom fabbed it.

Leave a comment:

• 91H22ACB7
    replied
    Are those gauges in cluster pods? Its hard to tell. If so, where'd you find it?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    One of the rare times she's clean
    Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 93SM4_CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    I have been fortunate enough to come across some people with some cool stuff at great prices.

Thanks for the love.

Grip Royal wheels are awesome for the price but you get what you pay for. In the long run they feel a little on the cheap side, but bang for the buck and bling factor is through the roof.

I found out today that the other wheel I bought is actually an M-Sport wheel from Japan. I might try and source a horn button and run with that my car. It feels a bit more solid in it's construction and it matches the interior better.
    Yeah from the pictures you can notice the difference in quality of the M-Sport to the Grip Royal. Thanks for the feedback bro

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by jdmstylz24 View Post
    You must know the right kind of people!
    That wheel is fresh
    I have been fortunate enough to come across some people with some cool stuff at great prices.
    Originally posted by 93SM4_CB7 View Post
    How do you like the Grip Royal wheel, i have always wanted a woodgrain wheel and those seem pretty nice and affordable.

And loving the accord BTW
    Thanks for the love.

Grip Royal wheels are awesome for the price but you get what you pay for. In the long run they feel a little on the cheap side, but bang for the buck and bling factor is through the roof.

I found out today that the other wheel I bought is actually an M's Sport wheel from Japan. I might try and source a horn button and run with that my car. It feels a bit more solid in it's construction and it matches the interior better.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 93SM4_CB7
    replied
    How do you like the Grip Royal wheel, i have always wanted a woodgrain wheel and those seem pretty nice and affordable.

And loving the accord BTW

Leave a comment:

• jdmstylz24
    replied
    I bet the drive to and from was killer..
    So much win here ��
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-17-2014, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jdmstylz24
    replied
    You must know the right kind of people!
    That wheel is fresh
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-17-2014, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Bought another steering wheel today for the cheap cheap and tried on a Skyline grille for size.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Just some CB's at a gas station.

Last edited by Mike1357; 03-12-2023, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X